digitalmars.D - etc, Deimos, and how to go open source?

reply Arcane Jill <Arcane_member pathlink.com> writes:
With my lib more or less ready to go, I was wondering about the best way to
release it?

Simplest solution = stick it on my web site and thus let anyone download it who
wants to. I'll probably do that regardless of other suggestions, as it's neat
and simple, and I have editorial control.

But, post release, I see no reason why it shouldn't be open source so that
others can contribute, fix bugs, add features, etc. Thing is - I don't know how
to do this. I went to www.sourceforge.net, but I couldn't see a button marked
"start new project". Maybe I'm just wanting things to be too simple.

In any case, the "etc" package will have some files in it in the next few days.
Is it still cool to refer to the "etc" tree as Deimos?

There should probably be an "official" (or "semi-official"?) place for "etc"
things. Could Digital Mars host this?

Arcane Jill
May 28 2004
next sibling parent "Kris" <someidiot earthlink.dot.dot.dot.net> writes:
May I suggest you take a look at dsource.com ?

"Arcane Jill" <Arcane_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:c96pbb$doa$1 digitaldaemon.com...
[...]

prev sibling next sibling parent "Kris" <someidiot earthlink.dot.dot.dot.net> writes:
May I suggest you take a gander at dsource.org ?

- Kris

[...]

prev sibling next sibling parent "Blandger" <zeroman prominvest.com.ua> writes:
Hi AJ.

www.dsource.org is a good place where you can host your lib. Just take a
touch with Brad there.

"Arcane Jill" <Arcane_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:c96pbb$doa$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 With my lib more or less ready to go, I was wondering about the best way
 release it?
 But, post release, I see no reason why it shouldn't be open source so that
 others can contribute, fix bugs, add features, etc. Thing is - I don't
know how
 to do this. I went to www.sourceforge.net, but I couldn't see a button
marked
 "start new project". Maybe I'm just wanting things to be too simple.
May 28 2004
prev sibling parent Ant <Ant_member pathlink.com> writes:
In article <c96pbb$doa$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Arcane Jill says...
With my lib more or less ready to go, I was wondering about the best way to
release it?

Simplest solution = stick it on my web site and thus let anyone download it who
wants to. I'll probably do that regardless of other suggestions, as it's neat
and simple, and I have editorial control.

But, post release, I see no reason why it shouldn't be open source so that
others can contribute, fix bugs, add features, etc. Thing is - I don't know how
to do this. I went to www.sourceforge.net, but I couldn't see a button marked
"start new project". Maybe I'm just wanting things to be too simple.
- login (create a user if you don't have one) - on the bottom left of the page there is a register new project. - submit a description for approval all the processes on sourceforge are very tedious, both creating and mantaining a project. (and geocities has a much better feedback on page hits) Idealy I see projects both at sourceforge and at dsource. Ant
May 28 2004