digitalmars.D - typedef-ed ctor [feature enhancement]

reply typedef d.com writes:
Suppose a class has ctor defined, then a typedef-ed class cannot use that ctor:

class A { public this(int param) {} }

typedef A B;

#void foo() {

by contrast, if no ctor defined in A, then it works:

class A {}

typedef A B;

void foo() {
A a = new A();  //OK
B b = new B();  //OK

I think we should make the first example also work, otherwise many non-trivial
typedef-ed class cannot call ctor; this will make typedef less useful (people
will start to use alias everywhere).  So the desired behaviour should be:

B b = new A();  // wrong! expected: you cannot assign A to B
B b = new B();  // should work here, because B is B!
May 09 2005