digitalmars.D - Standalone installer

reply "Andreas Schmid" <monkey gmx.info> writes:
Hi,

I created a standalone installer (using Inno Setup) for the D compiler for
Windows. Its size is 3,980 KB.

It automatically copies all required files to C:\DMD (including all required
tools), adds the \bin directory to the PATH environment variable, refreshes
that variable and creates a program group that features a link to the
official compiler homepage and an uninstall icon.

As much as I love D, installing it is an unneccessary hassle (the download
links are also hard to find, there should be a big "DOWNLOAD" button IMHO).

Is anyone willing to host it? I'd be willing to update it on a regular
basis. This could make the language even more popular!

Regards,

-Andreas
Apr 14 2005
next sibling parent "Andrew Fedoniouk" <news terrainformatica.com> writes:
Nice!

We can host it, not a big deal.

Are there any "zero level editor"?
build.exe?

Whar else should be included in the D box?

Andrew.

"Andreas Schmid" <monkey gmx.info> wrote in message
news:d3m9k3$1dva$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Hi,

 I created a standalone installer (using Inno Setup) for the D compiler for
 Windows. Its size is 3,980 KB.

 It automatically copies all required files to C:\DMD (including all
 required tools), adds the \bin directory to the PATH environment variable,
 refreshes that variable and creates a program group that features a link
 to the official compiler homepage and an uninstall icon.

 As much as I love D, installing it is an unneccessary hassle (the download
 links are also hard to find, there should be a big "DOWNLOAD" button
 IMHO).

 Is anyone willing to host it? I'd be willing to update it on a regular
 basis. This could make the language even more popular!

 Regards,

 -Andreas

Apr 14 2005
prev sibling next sibling parent pragma <pragma_member pathlink.com> writes:
In article <d3m9k3$1dva$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Andreas Schmid says...
Hi,

I created a standalone installer (using Inno Setup) for the D compiler for
Windows. Its size is 3,980 KB.

It automatically copies all required files to C:\DMD (including all required
tools), adds the \bin directory to the PATH environment variable, refreshes
that variable and creates a program group that features a link to the
official compiler homepage and an uninstall icon.

As much as I love D, installing it is an unneccessary hassle (the download
links are also hard to find, there should be a big "DOWNLOAD" button IMHO).

Is anyone willing to host it? I'd be willing to update it on a regular
basis. This could make the language even more popular!
How about hosting it on the D Wiki? http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?WikiHelp/HowToUploadFiles - EricAnderton at yahoo
Apr 14 2005
prev sibling parent "TechnoZeus" <TechnoZeus PeoplePC.com> writes:
Great!  :)  The installation I chose was on drive F: rather than drive C:,
because my primary hard drive is too short on space, and since my environment
variable space is also running low, I didn't use it to specify the path.  My
solution was to write registry entries to allow me to compile for DOS or
Windows from the right-click context menu, with default Windows linking and the
option of verbode mode... so it wouldn't have worked out for me... but still,
I'm glad to see.  One more step in the right direction.  :)

TZ