digitalmars.D - Concurrent

reply Larry Cowan <Larry_member pathlink.com> writes:
What is the state of the "concurrent" library? Is it buildable with the current
D compiler?  Where is the stable version, if one exists?  DSource.org version
seems to be 10 mo old, and doesn't (win) compile.  Or ???
Apr 01 2005
parent reply "Ben Hinkle" <ben.hinkle gmail.com> writes:
"Larry Cowan" <Larry_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:d2kno5$1sjr$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 What is the state of the "concurrent" library? Is it buildable with the
 current
 D compiler?  Where is the stable version, if one exists?  DSource.org
 version
 seems to be 10 mo old, and doesn't (win) compile.  Or ???
Which part were you interested in? The locks and latches/semaphores/etc and concurrent containers have been redone and are at http://home.comcast.net/~benhinkle/. The light-weight tasks (FJTask) and the atomic int and var classes haven't been maintained. I posted a note to the forum a while ago about the state of concurrent. If dsource had a place for "sunset"ed project I'd put this one there. -Ben
Apr 01 2005
parent Larry Cowan <Larry_member pathlink.com> writes:
Thanks, Ben.  Want to write a multi-threaded multiple pinger quickly.  MinTL
looks to be useful for what I need.  Haven't kept up with the newsgroup much
since last May, but I use D for home utils regularly.

-larry
Apr 01 2005