digitalmars.D - Build.exe

reply kris <fu bar.org> writes:
I'd like to give Derek a round of applause for build.exe ~ it sure is a
great asset ... Woohoo!

If it works on linux like it does on Win32, then more joy all around.
Mar 11 2005
next sibling parent reply John Reimer <brk_6502 yahoo.com> writes:
kris wrote:
 I'd like to give Derek a round of applause for build.exe ~ it sure is a
 great asset ... Woohoo!

 If it works on linux like it does on Win32, then more joy all around.
Seconded! Good work, Derek! -JJR
Mar 11 2005
parent "Nick Sabalausky" <z a.a> writes:
"John Reimer" <brk_6502 yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:d0u5e7$1mdl$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 kris wrote:
 I'd like to give Derek a round of applause for build.exe ~ it sure is a
 great asset ... Woohoo!

 If it works on linux like it does on Win32, then more joy all around.
Seconded! Good work, Derek! -JJR
I "third" it ;)
Mar 12 2005
prev sibling next sibling parent reply "G.Vidal" <gyvidal wanadoo.fr> writes:
Question to Derek:

If a project's using both D and C sources that must be linked together,
could Build handle the C files and call gcc to compile them ?
Would be cool.

maybe it could parse a pragma(csource,module.c) or something ?
Mar 12 2005
next sibling parent reply Derek Parnell <derek psych.ward> writes:
 If a project's using both D and C sources that must be linked together,
 could Build handle the C files and call gcc to compile them ?
 Would be cool.

 maybe it could parse a pragma(csource,module.c) or something ?
I'll add it to the TODO list, but its not looking good. I don't really know gcc, nor do I think I should hard code any gcc stuff in to build. But for now, its on the radar, okay? -- Derek Parnell Melbourne, Australia 13/03/2005 10:30:20 AM
Mar 12 2005
parent reply "G.Vidal" <gyvidal wanadoo.fr> writes:
 If a project's using both D and C sources that must be linked together,
 could Build handle the C files and call gcc to compile them ?
 Would be cool.

 maybe it could parse a pragma(csource,module.c) or something ?
I'll add it to the TODO list, but its not looking good. I don't really know gcc, nor do I think I should hard code any gcc stuff in to build. But for now, its on the radar, okay?
Nevermind. I'll use Make instead. It'll call gcc, dmd, and all my plugins. With dmd's pragma(lib,"") I don't need build no more. Other advantage, Make is universal.
Mar 13 2005
next sibling parent John Reimer <brk_6502 yahoo.com> writes:
G.Vidal wrote:
If a project's using both D and C sources that must be linked together,
could Build handle the C files and call gcc to compile them ?
Would be cool.

maybe it could parse a pragma(csource,module.c) or something ?
I'll add it to the TODO list, but its not looking good. I don't really know gcc, nor do I think I should hard code any gcc stuff in to build. But for now, its on the radar, okay?
Nevermind. I'll use Make instead. It'll call gcc, dmd, and all my plugins. With dmd's pragma(lib,"") I don't need build no more. Other advantage, Make is universal.
Yep, it's so universal that the multitude of make variants rarely are compatible.
Mar 13 2005
prev sibling parent reply Derek Parnell <derek psych.ward> writes:
 If a project's using both D and C sources that must be linked together,
 could Build handle the C files and call gcc to compile them ?
 Would be cool.

 maybe it could parse a pragma(csource,module.c) or something ?
I'll add it to the TODO list, but its not looking good. I don't really know gcc, nor do I think I should hard code any gcc stuff in to build. But for now, its on the radar, okay?
Nevermind. I'll use Make instead. It'll call gcc, dmd, and all my plugins. With dmd's pragma(lib,"") I don't need build no more.
No worries. Of course, if I had your problem I'd think about converting the C sources to D ;-) -- Derek Parnell Melbourne, Australia 14/03/2005 8:28:35 AM
Mar 13 2005
parent "G.Vidal" <gyvidal wanadoo.fr> writes:
 No worries. Of course, if I had your problem I'd think about converting the
 C sources to D ;-)
Sure I should. Go see the "Lemon parser generator" thread to see what i'm talking about..
Mar 14 2005
prev sibling parent "Carlos Santander B." <csantander619 gmail.com> writes:
G.Vidal wrote:
 Question to Derek:

 If a project's using both D and C sources that must be linked together,
 could Build handle the C files and call gcc to compile them ?
 Would be cool.

 maybe it could parse a pragma(csource,module.c) or something ?

Or dmc if version=DigitalMars. _______________________ Carlos Santander Bernal
Mar 13 2005
prev sibling parent reply clayasaurus <clayasaurus gmail.com> writes:
kris wrote:
 I'd like to give Derek a round of applause for build.exe ~ it sure is a
 great asset ... Woohoo!

 If it works on linux like it does on Win32, then more joy all around.
more joy all around, then ;)
Mar 12 2005
next sibling parent Paul Bonser <misterpib gmail.com> writes:
clayasaurus wrote:
 kris wrote:

 I'd like to give Derek a round of applause for build.exe ~ it sure is
 a great asset ... Woohoo!

 If it works on linux like it does on Win32, then more joy all around.
more joy all around, then ;)
Indeed. It builds my project just the same on Windows and Linux...with another. Well, excepting including the winsock library on Windows... -- -PIB -- "C++ also supports the notion of *friends*: cooperative classes that are permitted to see each other's private parts." - Grady Booch
Mar 12 2005
prev sibling parent =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Anders_F_Bj=F6rklund?= <afb algonet.se> writes:
clayasaurus wrote:

 I'd like to give Derek a round of applause for build.exe ~ it sure is
 a great asset ... Woohoo!

 If it works on linux like it does on Win32, then more joy all around.
more joy all around, then ;)
With the latest round of patches on the Build forum, (see http://www.dsource.org/forums/viewforum.php?f=52) it is starting to work with GDC - and Mac OS X too... Currently I still have to include a redundant DFLAGS of -I/opt/gdc/include/d for Build to find it, but that can be fixed with a few better default GDC settings. --anders
Mar 12 2005