digitalmars.D - Dimple 0.1 release

reply zwang <nehzgnaw gmail.com> writes:
Dimple, or "D import-list explorer", extracts import declarations from
D source files and builds a dependency graph for visualization.
It's written in D and distributed under the terms of GPL.

http://www.shfls.org/w/d/dimple/
Jan 27 2005
next sibling parent reply =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Anders_F_Bj=F6rklund?= <afb algonet.se> writes:
zwang wrote:

 Dimple, or "D import-list explorer", extracts import declarations from
 D source files and builds a dependency graph for visualization.
 It's written in D and distributed under the terms of GPL.

 http://www.shfls.org/w/d/dimple/
It doesn't work on Unix, since it uses backslashes:
 			result ~= (c=='.'?'\\':c);
Then again, it never outputted any errors about it ? (as the printf was commented out, even in -debug...) --anders
Jan 27 2005
parent reply zwang <nehzgnaw gmail.com> writes:
Anders F Björklund wrote:
 zwang wrote:

 Dimple, or "D import-list explorer", extracts import declarations from
 D source files and builds a dependency graph for visualization.
 It's written in D and distributed under the terms of GPL.

 http://www.shfls.org/w/d/dimple/
It doesn't work on Unix, since it uses backslashes:
             result ~= (c=='.'?'\\':c);
Then again, it never outputted any errors about it ? (as the printf was commented out, even in -debug...) --anders
Thanks. I've fixed the bug.
Jan 27 2005
parent reply =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Anders_F_Bj=F6rklund?= <afb algonet.se> writes:
zwang wrote:

 Thanks. I've fixed the bug.
Here's another one for you then:
 error : Switch Default dimple.d(56)
It's missing a case for STATE.sqescape, I just added an empty one with a break; Also, it doesn't find the standard includes ? I just added "std" and "gcc" as symlinks, but... Seems to work quite OK in the end, though: :-) http://www.algonet.se/~afb/d/dimple-mango.png Neat toy! --anders
I wrote, a little too soon:

 Seems to work quite OK in the end, though: :-)
 http://www.algonet.se/~afb/d/dimple-mango.png
I mean: it does draw a graph. Unfortunately it seems to miss all imports separated by commas...
 import  mango.http.server.model.IProvider,
         mango.http.server.model.IProviderBridge;
It just gets ones done on single lines:
 import  mango.http.client.HttpClient;
--anders
Jan 27 2005
parent zwang <nehzgnaw gmail.com> writes:
Anders F Björklund wrote:
 I wrote, a little too soon:

 Seems to work quite OK in the end, though: :-)
 http://www.algonet.se/~afb/d/dimple-mango.png
I mean: it does draw a graph. Unfortunately it seems to miss all imports separated by commas...
 import  mango.http.server.model.IProvider,
         mango.http.server.model.IProviderBridge;
It just gets ones done on single lines:
 import  mango.http.client.HttpClient;
--anders
Ah yes, I overlooked the grammar... It's now fixed in dimple 0.12 :)
Jan 27 2005
prev sibling next sibling parent zwang <nehzgnaw gmail.com> writes:
Anders F Björklund wrote:
 zwang wrote:

 Thanks. I've fixed the bug.
Here's another one for you then:
 error : Switch Default dimple.d(56)
It's missing a case for STATE.sqescape, I just added an empty one with a break; Also, it doesn't find the standard includes ? I just added "std" and "gcc" as symlinks, but... Seems to work quite OK in the end, though: :-) http://www.algonet.se/~afb/d/dimple-mango.png Neat toy! --anders
That bug was already fixed in 0.11 :-) And yes, it discards standard includes.
Jan 27 2005
prev sibling parent reply Norbert Nemec <Norbert Nemec-online.de> writes:
Anders F Björklund wrote:

 Seems to work quite OK in the end, though: :-)
 http://www.algonet.se/~afb/d/dimple-mango.png
Even if you don't consider the missing dependencies: why is std.array red? I cannot see any circular references involving it?
 Neat toy!
I can only agree!
Norbert Nemec wrote:
 Anders F Björklund wrote:

Seems to work quite OK in the end, though: :-)
http://www.algonet.se/~afb/d/dimple-mango.png
Even if you don't consider the missing dependencies: why is std.array red? I cannot see any circular references involving it?
Neat toy!
I can only agree!
Thanks for pointing out the bug. It's now fixed in Dimple 0.13 :-)
Jan 27 2005
prev sibling next sibling parent "Thomas Kuehne" <eisvogel users.sourceforge.net> writes:
zwang schrieb in news:ctalqo$1rcg$1 digitaldaemon.com :
 Dimple, or "D import-list explorer", extracts import declarations from
 D source files and builds a dependency graph for visualization.
 It's written in D and distributed under the terms of GPL.

 http://www.shfls.org/w/d/dimple/
Just one word: Sweet ! Thomas
Jan 27 2005
prev sibling next sibling parent reply pragma <pragma_member pathlink.com> writes:
In article <ctalqo$1rcg$1 digitaldaemon.com>, zwang says...
Dimple, or "D import-list explorer", extracts import declarations from
D source files and builds a dependency graph for visualization.
It's written in D and distributed under the terms of GPL.

http://www.shfls.org/w/d/dimple/
By "graph" I was not aware that you meant "actual pictures" (PNG files no less) as opposed to some ascii rendering or a report. Wow. I haven't tried this yet, but the page says it all. I wonder what Mango looks like after you run this thing? - EricAnderton at yahoo
Jan 27 2005
pragma wrote:

 I wonder what Mango looks like after you run this thing?
Pasta :-) http://www.algonet.se/~afb/d/dimple-mango3.png --anders
Jan 27 2005