digitalmars.D - Why upx cannot compress D's exe correctly?

reply "huang yicheng" <zergbird msn.com> writes:
I'm working in WinXP and 32-bit processor. upx can compress c++'s .exe well
but cannot work correctly for D's .exe.

When I try to use upx to compress D's .exe , it throws "file is prossible
packed/protected" exception.

Can anyone explain this?

Thanks very much.

Yicheng
Jan 21 2005
next sibling parent "Walter" <newshound digitalmars.com> writes:
"huang yicheng" <zergbird msn.com> wrote in message
news:csrfe2$fsg$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 I'm working in WinXP and 32-bit processor. upx can compress c++'s .exe
well
 but cannot work correctly for D's .exe.

 When I try to use upx to compress D's .exe , it throws "file is prossible
 packed/protected" exception.

 Can anyone explain this?
It's a bug in upx. D's exe files are correct, compliant PE executables.
Jan 21 2005
prev sibling next sibling parent reply Vathix <vathix dprogramming.com> writes:
 I'm working in WinXP and 32-bit processor. upx can compress c++'s .exe
 well
 but cannot work correctly for D's .exe.

 When I try to use upx to compress D's .exe , it throws "file is prossible
 packed/protected" exception.

 Can anyone explain this?

 Thanks very much.

 Yicheng
Upx 1.92 beta works if you --force it.
Jan 21 2005
parent reply "Huang Yicheng" <zergbird msn.com> writes:
Simply use --force doesn't work.  Compressed .exe doesn't work correctly.
news:opsky9srz6kcck4r tc3-ppp223.dialup.wzrd.com...

parent Vathix <vathix dprogramming.com> writes:
 Simply use --force doesn't work.  Compressed .exe doesn't work correctly.
That happens to me when using upx version 1.25...
Jan 21 2005
prev sibling next sibling parent Carotinho <carotinobg yahoo.it> writes:
Hi!

huang yicheng wrote:

 I'm working in WinXP and 32-bit processor. upx can compress c++'s .exe
 well but cannot work correctly for D's .exe.

 When I try to use upx to compress D's .exe , it throws "file is prossible
 packed/protected" exception.

 Can anyone explain this?
This should be a bug in the windows version of upx, or maybe DMD... since under Linux is working right. Try asking upx people Byez! Carotinho
Jan 21 2005
prev sibling parent zwang <zwang_member pathlink.com> writes:
This is a bug in UPX.  I reported it to UPX user's forum 10+ days ago.

-zwang

In article <csrfe2$fsg$1 digitaldaemon.com>, huang yicheng says...