digitalmars.D - sourceforge.net and D

reply clayasaurus <clayasaurus_member pathlink.com> writes:
anyone else using SF.net for their D project?

if so, how do you feel about D not being one of the programming languages listed
on their software map?
(https://sourceforge.net/softwaremap/trove_list.php?form_cat=160)

i put in a support request and hoping they will add it though :)

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=955542&group_id=1&atid=200001
May 17 2004
next sibling parent reply Ant <duitoolkit yahoo.ca> writes:
 anyone else using SF.net for their D project?

 if so, how do you feel about D not being one of the programming languages
listed
 on their software map?
 (https://sourceforge.net/softwaremap/trove_list.php?form_cat=160)

 i put in a support request and hoping they will add it though :)

 https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=955542&group_id=1&atid=200001
http://dui.sourceforge.net http://leds.sourceforge.net http://dantfw.sourceforge.net http://dpq.sourceforge.net 2003-12-09 15:20 http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=857134&group_id=1&atid=350001 Ant
May 17 2004
next sibling parent reply user domain.invalid writes:
Ant wrote:

 http://dui.sourceforge.net
 http://leds.sourceforge.net
 http://dantfw.sourceforge.net
 http://dpq.sourceforge.net

 2003-12-09 15:20
 http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=857134&group_id=1&atid=350001

 Ant

wow, i didn't realize there were quite a few D projects on SF. I wonder what's taking them so long with the request.
May 17 2004
parent reply Ant <duitoolkit yahoo.ca> writes:
wow, i didn't realize there were quite a few D projects on SF. I wonder what's taking them so long with the request.
Exactly, if there was a trove entry for D you would now about all D projects. I think there is at least another project there but I can't find it - for obvious reasons. It's also interesting that I can even set the language to 'other'. Ant
May 17 2004
next sibling parent Ant <duitoolkit yahoo.ca> writes:
 It's also interesting that I can even set the language to 'other'.
I mean can't... Ant
May 17 2004

Do you think brightd counts? http://sourceforge.net/projects/brightd/

 It's also interesting that I can even set the language to 'other'.

 Ant
-- Justin (a/k/a jcc7) http://jcc_7.tripod.com/d/
May 17 2004
prev sibling parent reply "C. Sauls" <ibisbasenji yahoo.com> writes:
That original Trove request was mine... and my project would be:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/neomoo/

There's basically zero activity on it though, because I'm ticked that
they haven't gotten us added yet.  ;)  That and because I've been
devoting my attention to other things, like giving Mango.IO a run
through the hell gauntlets and doing some planning for both Sinbad and
NeoMOO (which is now being re-planned a bit to include builtin HTTP
facilities).

Maybe now that there's two requests it will get better attention.
Surely it doesn't require much more than a reasonably minor database
update... but I don't know their engine, I could be wrong.

-C. Sauls
-Invironz
May 17 2004
C. Sauls wrote:
 That original Trove request was mine... and my project would be:
 http://sourceforge.net/projects/neomoo/

 There's basically zero activity on it though, because I'm ticked that
 they haven't gotten us added yet.  ;)  That and because I've been
 devoting my attention to other things, like giving Mango.IO a run
 through the hell gauntlets and doing some planning for both Sinbad and
 NeoMOO (which is now being re-planned a bit to include builtin HTTP
 facilities).

 Maybe now that there's two requests it will get better attention. Surely
 it doesn't require much more than a reasonably minor database update...
 but I don't know their engine, I could be wrong.

 -C. Sauls
 -Invironz
I think The Man wants to keep us down!!! (Okay, I'm not really angry, but it is disappointing.) http://sourceforge.net/softwaremap/trove_list.php?form_cat=160 Programming Language ... APL (12 projects) ... Euler (1 projects) Euphoria (10 projects) ... Modula (5 projects) ... REBOL (13 projects) ... Simula (1 projects) ... XBasic (27 projects) -- Justin (a/k/a jcc7) http://jcc_7.tripod.com/d/
May 17 2004
prev sibling parent reply Benji Smith <dlanguage xxagg.com> writes:
On Tue, 18 May 2004 00:25:59 +0000 (UTC), clayasaurus
i put in a support request and hoping they will add it though :)

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=955542&group_id=1&atid=200001
I put in a support request over a year ago, asking them to add D to the software map. Obviously, nothing ever happened with that request. --Benji Smith
May 18 2004
parent reply Ant <Ant_member pathlink.com> writes:
In article <vmdka0pkp1g703340ao9r1835im7bpfghl 4ax.com>, Benji Smith says...
On Tue, 18 May 2004 00:25:59 +0000 (UTC), clayasaurus
i put in a support request and hoping they will add it though :)

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=955542&group_id=1&atid=200001
I put in a support request over a year ago, asking them to add D to the software map. Obviously, nothing ever happened with that request. --Benji Smith
I'm afraid they might get a request for new language every week. We just have to show that D is worth it. I think our friends from Japan are the most active with D can we get more visibility from there? please :) Make annoucements here, I think Walter will appreciate that. Then next time we reffer D somewhere we can list lots of applications developed with D. Ant
May 18 2004
"Ant" <Ant_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:c8dkso$1ptd$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 I'm afraid they might get a request for new language every week.
 We just have to show that D is worth it.
I think that pointing out that D has more sourceforge projects than some other listed languages should be persuasive.
May 18 2004
next sibling parent Ant <Ant_member pathlink.com> writes:
In article <c8e0a7$2d8n$2 digitaldaemon.com>, Walter says...
"Ant" <Ant_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:c8dkso$1ptd$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 I'm afraid they might get a request for new language every week.
 We just have to show that D is worth it.
I think that pointing out that D has more sourceforge projects than some other listed languages should be persuasive.
I did that on my comment, no result... it's frustrating to have no feed back at all from the sourceforge guy... Ant
May 18 2004
prev sibling parent reply clayasaurus <clayasaurus_member pathlink.com> writes:
In article <c8e0a7$2d8n$2 digitaldaemon.com>, Walter says...
"Ant" <Ant_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:c8dkso$1ptd$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 I'm afraid they might get a request for new language every week.
 We just have to show that D is worth it.
I think that pointing out that D has more sourceforge projects than some other listed languages should be persuasive.
i got a new tracker number https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=955542&group_id=1&atid=350001 and I took your advice Walter. *x-fingers*
May 19 2004
next sibling parent Brad Anderson <brad dsource.dot.org> writes:
We're not as far along as sourceforge, but if you can muster some
patience in waiting for the fringe features of a hosting site, look here:

http://www.dsource.org

Most of the core is there, including Subversion instead of CVS, forums,
and great tutorials.

BA

clayasaurus wrote:
 In article <c8e0a7$2d8n$2 digitaldaemon.com>, Walter says...

"Ant" <Ant_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:c8dkso$1ptd$1 digitaldaemon.com...

I'm afraid they might get a request for new language every week.
We just have to show that D is worth it.
I think that pointing out that D has more sourceforge projects than some other listed languages should be persuasive.
i got a new tracker number https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=955542&group_id=1&atid=350001 and I took your advice Walter. *x-fingers*
May 19 2004
prev sibling parent "Walter" <newshound digitalmars.com> writes:
"clayasaurus" <clayasaurus_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:c8h9hv$1lii$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 In article <c8e0a7$2d8n$2 digitaldaemon.com>, Walter says...
"Ant" <Ant_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:c8dkso$1ptd$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 I'm afraid they might get a request for new language every week.
 We just have to show that D is worth it.
I think that pointing out that D has more sourceforge projects than some other listed languages should be persuasive.
i got a new tracker number
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=955542&group_id=1&atid=350001
 and I took your advice Walter.

 *x-fingers*
So I see. On behalf of everyone else here, thanks!
May 20 2004