digitalmars.D - First D language books in Japan.

reply Hiroshi Sakurai <Hiroshi_member pathlink.com> writes:
Books "D language perfect guide" December 22, 2004 sale.

http://www.gihyo.co.jp/books/4-7741-2208-4

-Hiroshi Sakurai
Dec 14 2004
next sibling parent reply "Zz" <Zz Zz.com> writes:
"Hiroshi Sakurai" <Hiroshi_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:cpm7i4$ub1$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Books "D language perfect guide" December 22, 2004 sale.

 http://www.gihyo.co.jp/books/4-7741-2208-4

 -Hiroshi Sakurai
Congratulations, the first book on D. If only someone can now translate it to English. It's like Deja-vue, the first book on Ruby was also in Japanese. Zz
Dec 14 2004
next sibling parent reply tetsuya <tetsuya_member pathlink.com> writes:
In article <cpmgri$1c7e$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Zz says...
Congratulations, the first book on D.
If only someone can now translate it to English.

It's like Deja-vue, the first book on Ruby was also in Japanese.
Because Ruby was made in Japan. :) -tetsuya
Dec 14 2004
parent "Matthew" <admin.hat stlsoft.dot.org> writes:
"tetsuya" <tetsuya_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:cpmm0i$1jms$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 In article <cpmgri$1c7e$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Zz says...
Congratulations, the first book on D.
If only someone can now translate it to English.

It's like Deja-vue, the first book on Ruby was also in Japanese.
Because Ruby was made in Japan. :)
Ruby rocks! :-)
Dec 14 2004
prev sibling next sibling parent Ant <Ant_member pathlink.com> writes:
In article <cpmgri$1c7e$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Zz says...

Congratulations, the first book on D.
If only someone can now translate it to English.

It's like Deja-vue, the first book on Ruby was also in Japanese.
this time is more interesting because: (from http://www.ruby-lang.org/en/20020101.html) " The Creator of Ruby Yukihiro Matsumoto, a.k.a Matz matz netlab.jp " Ant
Dec 14 2004
prev sibling parent Hiroshi Sakurai <Hiroshi_member pathlink.com> writes:
In article <cpmgri$1c7e$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Zz says...
Congratulations, the first book on D.
If only someone can now translate it to English.

It's like Deja-vue, the first book on Ruby was also in Japanese.

Zz
Within a community of Japan, this book does not have high evaluation. It is a primer as long as a table of contents is seen unlike a name. It talks with like [ which translates ]. However, it is glad that the book of D language comes out. It expects that the future more good book of D language comes out.
Dec 14 2004
prev sibling next sibling parent reply David Medlock <amedlock nospam.org> writes:
Hiroshi Sakurai wrote:
 Books "D language perfect guide" December 22, 2004 sale.

 http://www.gihyo.co.jp/books/4-7741-2208-4

 -Hiroshi Sakurai

What I would *love* to see ( or write myself ) is one of those pocket ref books for D and phobos. Possibly pitch it to O'Reilley.
Dec 14 2004
next sibling parent reply "Matthew" <admin stlsoft.dot.dot.dot.dot.org> writes:
Walter and I are just starting work on "D Programming Distilled" for
Addison-Wesley. (We signed the contract today!)

Expect to see it out later next year.

"David Medlock" <amedlock nospam.org> wrote in message
news:cpmmad$1jok$1 digitaldaemon.com...

next sibling parent David Medlock <amedlock nospam.org> writes:
Matthew wrote:
 Walter and I are just starting work on "D Programming Distilled" for
 Addison-Wesley. (We signed the contract today!)

 Expect to see it out later next year.

Great news!!! You can chalk up one sale for me already. :)
Dec 14 2004
prev sibling next sibling parent KTC <me here.com> writes:
"Matthew" <admin stlsoft.dot.dot.dot.dot.org> for some reason
wrote:

 Walter and I are just starting work on "D Programming Distilled"
 for Addison-Wesley. (We signed the contract today!)

 Expect to see it out later next year.

Woohoo. Nice! :) -- Experience is a good school but the fees are high. - Heinrich Heine
Dec 14 2004
prev sibling next sibling parent reply Hiroshi Sakurai <Hiroshi_member pathlink.com> writes:
In article <cpmuj5$20f0$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Matthew says...
Walter and I are just starting work on "D Programming Distilled" for
Addison-Wesley. (We signed the contract today!)

Expect to see it out later next year.
Oh! It's cool! Great news. It expects. But, I cannot read English. (ToT) Although mind is early, please translate someone into Japanese! -Hiroshi Sakurai
Dec 14 2004
parent "Matthew" <admin.hat stlsoft.dot.org> writes:
"Hiroshi Sakurai" <Hiroshi_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:cpnd69$2n1v$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 In article <cpmuj5$20f0$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Matthew says...
Walter and I are just starting work on "D Programming Distilled" for
Addison-Wesley. (We signed the contract today!)

Expect to see it out later next year.
Oh! It's cool! Great news. It expects. But, I cannot read English. (ToT) Although mind is early, please translate someone into Japanese!
As I'm sure you know, Addison-Wesley is a big publisher, and they commonly do translations. For example, they've already contracted me for doing a Chinese translation for my current C++ book, Imperfect C++ (http://imperfectcplusplus.com), and given the interest in Japan for D, I'd be very surprised if they don't look to doing a Japanese translation of "DPD". Cheers Matthew
Dec 14 2004
prev sibling parent reply Tyro <ridimz_at yahoo.dot.com> writes:
Matthew wrote:
 Walter and I are just starting work on "D Programming Distilled" for
 Addison-Wesley. (We signed the contract today!)

 Expect to see it out later next year.

You don't know how much this means to me. Sign me up for 2 copies. One for regular use and an autographed copy to take to my grave. It's too bad I won't be around to savor the moment cause I'll be off doing the do in Iraq. Andrew
Dec 14 2004
next sibling parent "Walter" <newshound digitalmars.com> writes:
"Tyro" <ridimz_at yahoo.dot.com> wrote in message
news:cpo05c$b1d$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Matthew wrote:
 Walter and I are just starting work on "D Programming Distilled" for
 Addison-Wesley. (We signed the contract today!)

 Expect to see it out later next year.
You don't know how much this means to me. Sign me up for 2 copies. One for regular use and an autographed copy to take to my grave. It's too bad I won't be around to savor the moment cause I'll be off doing the do in Iraq.
Since not a line of it has been written yet ... !
Dec 14 2004
prev sibling parent Dave <Dave_member pathlink.com> writes:
In article <cpo05c$b1d$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Tyro says...
bad I won't be around to savor the moment cause I'll be off doing the do
in Iraq.

Andrew
Thank You for your service. Godspeed, - Dave
Dec 15 2004
prev sibling parent Hiroshi Sakurai <Hiroshi_member pathlink.com> writes:
In article <cpmmad$1jok$1 digitaldaemon.com>, David Medlock says...
What I would *love* to see ( or write myself ) is one of those pocket
ref books for D and phobos. Possibly pitch it to O'Reilley.
I can write simple Phobos sample codes. I think that what is necessary is just to be able to write the book of D. But, I cannot write English and Japanese documents very well .(ToT)
Dec 14 2004
prev sibling next sibling parent reply "Charles" <no email.com> writes:
How cool!  I want one!

Also in your post about area2048 you mentioned

*
and a BugBug D debugger(StackTrace to D) & CGI Template Libraly(dtmpl).
My home page URL address is
*

I cant find it , do you have a direct download link you can give us for the
debugger ?

Thanks,
Charlie

"Hiroshi Sakurai" <Hiroshi_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:cpm7i4$ub1$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Books "D language perfect guide" December 22, 2004 sale.

 http://www.gihyo.co.jp/books/4-7741-2208-4

 -Hiroshi Sakurai
Dec 14 2004
parent Hiroshi Sakurai <Hiroshi_member pathlink.com> writes:
In article <cpn2kh$264v$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Charles says...
How cool!  I want one!

Also in your post about area2048 you mentioned

*
and a BugBug D debugger(StackTrace to D) & CGI Template Libraly(dtmpl).
My home page URL address is
*

I cant find it , do you have a direct download link you can give us for the
debugger ?

Thanks,
Charlie
Thank you for having you get interested in my software. Charlie. Although a bug does not become useful mostly... http://www.wikiroom.com/sakurai/?D%B8%C0%B8%EC%2F%A5%B9%A5%BF%A5%C3%A5%AF%A5%C8%A5%EC%A1%BC%A5%B9 -- it can download from the bottom of this page. Direct URL is here. -stacktrace http://www.wikiroom.com/sakurai/?plugin=attach&pcmd=open&file=stacktrace.zip&refer=D%B8%C0%B8%EC%2F%A5%B9%A5%BF%A5%C3%A5%AF%A5%C8%A5%EC%A1%BC%A5%B9 -debugger http://www.wikiroom.com/sakurai/?plugin=attach&pcmd=open&file=debugger.zip&refer=D%B8%C0%B8%EC%2F%A5%B9%A5%BF%A5%C3%A5%AF%A5%C8%A5%EC%A1%BC%A5%B9 Translate URL is here. http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://www.wikiroom.com/sakurai/?D%B8%C0%B8%EC%2F%A5%B9%A5%BF%A5%C3%A5%AF%A5%C8%A5%EC%A1%BC%A5%B9 -dtmpl http://www.wikiroom.com/sakurai/?dtmpl Direct URL is here. http://www.wikiroom.com/sakurai/?plugin=attach&openfile=dtmpl002.zip&refer=dtmpl Translate URL is here. http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://www.wikiroom.com/sakurai/?dtmpl I regard a homepage as it corresponding to English. Thanks, Sakurai.
Dec 14 2004
prev sibling parent reply "Walter" <newshound digitalmars.com> writes:
"Hiroshi Sakurai" <Hiroshi_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:cpm7i4$ub1$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Books "D language perfect guide" December 22, 2004 sale.

 http://www.gihyo.co.jp/books/4-7741-2208-4

 -Hiroshi Sakurai
Fantastic! Here's a google translation of it: http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://www.gihyo.co.jp/books/syoseki-contents.php/4-7741-2208-4&prev=/search%3Fq%3DISBN4-774
Dec 14 2004
next sibling parent reply Dave <Dave_member pathlink.com> writes:
In article <cpnbob$2l1o$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Walter says...
"Hiroshi Sakurai" <Hiroshi_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:cpm7i4$ub1$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Books "D language perfect guide" December 22, 2004 sale.

 http://www.gihyo.co.jp/books/4-7741-2208-4

 -Hiroshi Sakurai
Fantastic! Here's a google translation of it: http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://www.gihyo.co.jp/books/syoseki-contents.php/4-7741-2208-4&prev=/search%3Fq%3DISBN4-774
Destructor is translated as 'Death Tractor', haa! There's a 'static death tractor' too. Somehow appropriate given the bugs in my code lately ;) - Dave
Dec 14 2004
next sibling parent ahiru <asuka h5.dion.ne.jp> writes:
In article <cpng0b$2qbl$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Dave says...
Destructor is translated as 'Death Tractor', haa! There's a 'static death
tractor' too.

Somehow appropriate given the bugs in my code lately ;)
lol, i have to going to rewrite my source code now. - ahiru - 英語はわかりません、ソーリー
Dec 14 2004
prev sibling parent reply "Walter" <newshound digitalmars.com> writes:
"Dave" <Dave_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:cpng0b$2qbl$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Destructor is translated as 'Death Tractor', haa!
I love that. I'm going to use it <g>.
Dec 14 2004
parent reply "Matthew" <admin stlsoft.dot.dot.dot.dot.org> writes:
"Walter" <newshound digitalmars.com> wrote in message
news:cpo11i$btf$2 digitaldaemon.com...
 "Dave" <Dave_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
 news:cpng0b$2qbl$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Destructor is translated as 'Death Tractor', haa!
I love that. I'm going to use it <g>.
I think it should instantly become the unofficial term for dtors.
Dec 14 2004
parent Hiroshi Sakurai <Hiroshi_member pathlink.com> writes:
In article <cpoob6$15qr$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Matthew says...
"Walter" <newshound digitalmars.com> wrote in message
news:cpo11i$btf$2 digitaldaemon.com...
 "Dave" <Dave_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
 news:cpng0b$2qbl$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Destructor is translated as 'Death Tractor', haa!
I love that. I'm going to use it <g>.
I think it should instantly become the unofficial term for dtors.
I use this translate service. http://www.excite.co.jp/world/english/web/
Dec 16 2004
prev sibling parent Hiroshi Sakurai <Hiroshi_member pathlink.com> writes:
In article <cpnbob$2l1o$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Walter says...
"Hiroshi Sakurai" <Hiroshi_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:cpm7i4$ub1$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Books "D language perfect guide" December 22, 2004 sale.

 http://www.gihyo.co.jp/books/4-7741-2208-4

 -Hiroshi Sakurai
Fantastic! Here's a google translation of it: http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://www.gihyo.co.jp/books/syoseki-contents.php/4-7741-2208-4&prev=/search%3Fq%3DISBN4-774
Oh! The reply was got from Mr. Walter. It is happy :) Fantastic too!
Dec 14 2004