digitalmars.D - .dup property

reply "Miguel Ferreira Simões" <Kobold netcabo.pt> writes:
I cannot understand the behaviour of .dup property...
I was expecting the following code print 0 twice... but it only prints once.

Can anyone explain me why...

 double[][] a;
 a.length = 1;
 a[0] ~= 0;

 void vcopy(double[][] vector) {
  double[][] vcopy = vector.dup;
  vcopy[0][0] = 1;
 }

 vcopy(a);
 writefln("a[0]: ", a[0][0]); //prints: 1

 double[] b;
 b ~= 0;

 void vcopy2(double[] vector) {
  double[] vcopy = vector.dup;
  vcopy[0] = 1;
 }

 vcopy2(b);
 writefln("b[0]: ", b[0]); //prints: 0

--
Miguel Ferreira Simoes
Nov 14 2004
parent reply "Miguel Ferreira Simões" <Kobold netcabo.pt> writes:
I found this solution... but it seems too obscure.
I think there is a cleaner one.

 void vcopy(double[][] vector) {
    double[][] vcopy = vector.dup;
    for(uint i = 0; i < vector.length; i++)
        vcopy[i] = vector[i].dup;
    vcopy[0][0] = 1;
 }

Miguel Ferreira Simoes
Nov 14 2004
parent reply Regan Heath <regan netwin.co.nz> writes:
On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 23:46:48 -0000, Miguel Ferreira Simões