digitalmars.D - DMD 0.106 release

reply "Walter" <newshound digitalmars.com> writes:
http://www.digitalmars.com/d/changelog.html
Nov 09 2004
next sibling parent reply Buchan <kbuchan xtra.co.nz> writes:
Cool.

Would be nice if you pasted the changelog entry w/ link to the post...
But no biggie.

Nov 09 2004
parent "Lynn Allan" <l_d_allan adelphia.net> writes:
Something else that would be helpful ... a link to download the
updated dmd.zip directly

Thx,

"Buchan" <kbuchan xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
news:opsg7cfkzg44buww simon.mshome.net...
 Cool.

 Would be nice if you pasted the changelog entry w/ link to the
post...
 But no biggie.

Nov 15 2004
prev sibling next sibling parent reply Sean Kelly <sean f4.ca> writes:
Nice.  I don't suppose the TypeInfo and std.format changes mean that
TypeInfo is now working for classes and typedefs (which, I suppose,
would leave pointers and structs)?

Sean
Nov 09 2004
"Sean Kelly" <sean f4.ca> wrote in message
news:cmqp4s$11v1$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Nice.  I don't suppose the TypeInfo and std.format changes mean that
 TypeInfo is now working for classes and typedefs (which, I suppose,
 would leave pointers and structs)?
Yes, it's working now for classes and typedefs. Structs are next.
Nov 09 2004
prev sibling parent reply Ant <Ant_member pathlink.com> writes:
In article <cmq060$2v3u$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Walter says...
http://www.digitalmars.com/d/changelog.html
dmd 0.106 respects protected and private access to class members! Ant
Nov 12 2004
parent reply h3r3tic <foo bar.baz> writes:
Ant wrote:
 In article <cmq060$2v3u$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Walter says...

http://www.digitalmars.com/d/changelog.html
dmd 0.106 respects protected and private access to class members! Ant
Woohoo ! That's why I couldn't compile DUI, hehehe ;)
Nov 12 2004
next sibling parent reply Ant <Ant_member pathlink.com> writes:
In article <cn398r$1hub$1 digitaldaemon.com>, h3r3tic says...
Ant wrote:
 In article <cmq060$2v3u$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Walter says...

http://www.digitalmars.com/d/changelog.html
dmd 0.106 respects protected and private access to class members! Ant
Woohoo ! That's why I couldn't compile DUI, hehehe ;)
me neither ;) But I changed it already. This type of basic DMD corrections are very important for large project. I hope Walter realises that. This weekend should be it: a new DUI release! didn't I say that before? :( (it's been very difficult for me to make a reasonable windows packaging but I hope the space on the directory names is the last hurdle) I'll release first for windows and only after for linux. Then it will be leds for windows, as I'm goind to need it. Even if I can't incorporate scintilla. The only realy important features of scintilla are the undo/redo and the popup options for intellisense. the popup is trivial. I never give undo/redo a thought. (sintax coloring is over rated, code folding is useless). Ant
Nov 12 2004
parent reply Ilya Minkov <minkov cs.tum.edu> writes:
Ant schrieb:

 The only realy important features of scintilla are the undo/redo
 and the popup options for intellisense.
 the popup is trivial. I never give undo/redo a thought.
 (sintax coloring is over rated, code folding is useless).
Folding is probably not very useful. But i find syntax highliting very helpful. My eyes hurt when i read non-highlited code. :) What prevents you from Using Scintilla on Windows? It is originally a Windows component. -eye
Nov 22 2004
parent Ant <Ant_member pathlink.com> writes:
In article <cnsmnr$29ld$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Ilya Minkov says...
Ant schrieb:

 The only realy important features of scintilla are the undo/redo
 and the popup options for intellisense.
 the popup is trivial. I never give undo/redo a thought.
 (sintax coloring is over rated, code folding is useless).
Folding is probably not very useful. But i find syntax highliting very helpful. My eyes hurt when i read non-highlited code. :) What prevents you from Using Scintilla on Windows? It is originally a Windows component. -eye
Just ignorance (?) I'll have to check how it's done. I don't know how to use a windows component on Gtk - or even if possible. Scintilla for Gtk still uses messages so maybe it simple to use the windows component once I can show it. Alternativelly now scintilla Gtk can be compiled on windows. Ant
Nov 22 2004
prev sibling parent "Walter" <newshound digitalmars.com> writes:
"h3r3tic" <foo bar.baz> wrote in message
news:cn398r$1hub$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Ant wrote:
 dmd 0.106 respects protected and private access to class members!
Woohoo ! That's why I couldn't compile DUI, hehehe ;)
It found a couple bugs in my code, too :-)
Nov 13 2004