digitalmars.D - [OT] - Price for perfection?

reply Tyro <ridimz_at yahoo.dot.com> writes:
I would appreciate if all who reads this take a few minutes of your busy
schedule to respond to the address below.

As programmers I feel that you are the most important group of people to
consider when planning and developing an operating system. Given the
resources (environment and tools), I feel that a programmer that truly
cares about his/her craft can and will develop "quality" products that
can keep their customers satisfied.

As end users of the products that other programmers are writing, I'm
sure you have had moments when you were disappointed with those
products. So to each of you I ask:

1) If in "your" perfect world, an operating system was able to provide
you with everything you needed you do you job, what would it be providing?

2) How does your current fail in comparison to "your vision" of the
perfect system?

3) How close to your vision would that system have to come in order for
you to make the switch?

4) What you consider the "fair" market value for such a system?

5) What area of programming do you specialize in?

Please submit all responses to the following address:

char[] email() {
   char[] at = " ", dot = ".";
   char[] account = "acedwards", com = "ieee", dom = "org";
   return (account ~ at ~ com ~ dot ~ dom);
}

Thanks in advance,
Andrew Edwards
Oct 28 2004
parent "Matthew" <admin.hat stlsoft.dot.org> writes:
Did anyone ever answer this (via email)?

Seems very mysteryoous ...

"Tyro" <ridimz_at yahoo.dot.com> wrote in message
news:clrvqn$u0p$1 digitaldaemon.com...
[...]

Jan 21 2005