digitalmars.D - DMD 0.103 release

reply "Walter" <newshound digitalmars.com> writes:
Much better debug info.

http://www.digitalmars.com/d/changelog.html
Oct 21 2004
next sibling parent reply John Reimer <brk_6502 NOSP_AM.yahoo.com> writes:
Walter wrote:
 Much better debug info.

 http://www.digitalmars.com/d/changelog.html

Aha! Line numbers in debug info on Linux! You came through with it! :) Nice work! - John
Oct 21 2004
"John Reimer" <brk_6502 NOSP_AM.yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:cl7vc2$2ci7$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Walter wrote:
 Much better debug info.

 http://www.digitalmars.com/d/changelog.html
Aha! Line numbers in debug info on Linux! You came through with it! :) Nice work!
Thanks! It would have taken less time if gdb actually followed the dwarf2 spec :-(
Oct 21 2004
prev sibling next sibling parent Ben Hinkle <bhinkle4 juno.com> writes:
Walter wrote:

 Much better debug info.

 http://www.digitalmars.com/d/changelog.html
Thank you! Debugging on linux with gdb is now much better.
Oct 21 2004
prev sibling next sibling parent reply "Lynn Allan" <l_d_allan adelphia.net> writes:
"Walter" <newshound digitalmars.com> wrote in message
news:cl7s4v$281d$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Much better debug info.
I'm not seeing any difference from the situation before regarding win32 debugging using Visual Studio. Ints and char* are visible, but char[] and objects aren't directly usable. Am I leaving something out?
Oct 21 2004
"Lynn Allan" <l_d_allan adelphia.net> wrote in message
news:cl8v7v$rv8$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 "Walter" <newshound digitalmars.com> wrote in message
 news:cl7s4v$281d$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Much better debug info.
I'm not seeing any difference from the situation before regarding win32 debugging using Visual Studio. Ints and char* are visible, but char[] and objects aren't directly usable. Am I leaving something out?
Arrays will show up as longlongs because CV debug info gives no way to express what a dynamic array is (if I output it as a struct, that screws up the function calling conventions). Object contents should be visible.
Oct 21 2004
parent "Lynn Allan" <l_d_allan adelphia.net> writes:
My mistake. Mea culpa. object variables are visible now in ver
0.103/104. They weren't previously. THANKS!

Odd, however. In Visual Studio debugging:

#void main ()

((Person)w).age

The w.age comes out correctly as 12 in the local variable debug
window, and as 12 if you hover the mouse over w.age to get a
"tooltip". However, if you create a watch variable using
((Person)w).age
it is shown as being = 4 ???

"Walter" <newshound digitalmars.com> wrote in message
news:cl9193$uk8$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 "Lynn Allan" <l_d_allan adelphia.net> wrote in message
 news:cl8v7v$rv8$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 "Walter" <newshound digitalmars.com> wrote in message
 news:cl7s4v$281d$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Much better debug info.
I'm not seeing any difference from the situation before regarding win32 debugging using Visual Studio. Ints and char* are visible,
but
 char[] and objects aren't directly usable. Am I leaving something
out?
 Arrays will show up as longlongs because CV debug info gives no way
 express what a dynamic array is (if I output it as a struct, that
screws up
 the function calling conventions). Object contents should be
visible.

Oct 22 2004
prev sibling parent "Walter" <newshound digitalmars.com> writes:
Hold off on downloading this. There's a bug in the debug info. I'll see
about posting an update ASAP.