digitalmars.D - Assembled PDF

reply Joey Peters <Joey_member pathlink.com> writes:
I made another PDF from the spec. and Phobos. Download it from:

http://www.nidhogg.com/D_Standard.pdf (+1mb)

Things to be done:
- Re-align stuff that start on a new page
- Order some sections
- Put some stuff in the appendix instead
- Add concrete URLs
- Make a better makeup for example code
- Add 'more information' section
- Fix spelling errors
- Suggestions?
Sep 06 2004
next sibling parent J C Calvarese <jcc7 cox.net> writes:
In article <chh285$12sa$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Joey Peters says...
I made another PDF from the spec. and Phobos. Download it from:

http://www.nidhogg.com/D_Standard.pdf (+1mb)
Looks pretty spiffy. Good job!
Things to be done:
- Re-align stuff that start on a new page
- Order some sections
- Put some stuff in the appendix instead
- Add concrete URLs
- Make a better makeup for example code
- Add 'more information' section
- Fix spelling errors
If you notice any spelling errors in the original, it'd good if you'd mention them to Walter so that he can correct the official version.
- Suggestions?
jcc7
Sep 06 2004
prev sibling next sibling parent reply "Walter" <newshound digitalmars.com> writes:
Nice work! Mind if I put it on the D web site?

"Joey Peters" <Joey_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:chh285$12sa$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 I made another PDF from the spec. and Phobos. Download it from:

 http://www.nidhogg.com/D_Standard.pdf (+1mb)

 Things to be done:
 - Re-align stuff that start on a new page
 - Order some sections
 - Put some stuff in the appendix instead
 - Add concrete URLs
 - Make a better makeup for example code
 - Add 'more information' section
 - Fix spelling errors
 - Suggestions?
Sep 06 2004
parent reply Joey Peters <Joey_member pathlink.com> writes:
In article <chi8at$1irt$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Walter says...
Nice work! Mind if I put it on the D web site?

"Joey Peters" <Joey_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:chh285$12sa$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 I made another PDF from the spec. and Phobos. Download it from:

 http://www.nidhogg.com/D_Standard.pdf (+1mb)

 Things to be done:
 - Re-align stuff that start on a new page
 - Order some sections
 - Put some stuff in the appendix instead
 - Add concrete URLs
 - Make a better makeup for example code
 - Add 'more information' section
 - Fix spelling errors
 - Suggestions?
No problem. I'll keep that url updated with the latest version.
Sep 06 2004
next sibling parent larrycowan comcast.net writes:
This should have an effective date or D release number on the first page, and
subsequent version should update this.  If the copies on your website are
accessible as Dnnn_Standard, or Dyymmdd_Standard with an alias of D_Standard for
the latest and greatest, then earlier versions will be accessible to those who
may be working with earlier compilers, or want to diff two versions for changes
(not straighforward, but possible).

Looks good, and I appreciate an easy way to bring myself up-to-date after a 3 or
4 month hiatus.  Far too much messaging to read the the new forums completely.

In article <chif0v$1lhe$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Joey Peters says...

prev sibling parent dmoses hilf.de writes:
In article <chif0v$1lhe$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Joey Peters says...
In article <chi8at$1irt$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Walter says...
Nice work! Mind if I put it on the D web site?

"Joey Peters" <Joey_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:chh285$12sa$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 I made another PDF from the spec. and Phobos. Download it from:

 http://www.nidhogg.com/D_Standard.pdf (+1mb)

 Things to be done:
 - Re-align stuff that start on a new page
 - Order some sections
 - Put some stuff in the appendix instead
 - Add concrete URLs
 - Make a better makeup for example code
 - Add 'more information' section
 - Fix spelling errors
 - Suggestions?
No problem. I'll keep that url updated with the latest version.
link does not work, now 8--( Daniel
Oct 20 2004
prev sibling parent reply bblochl2 <bblochl2 compuserve.de> writes:
Joey Peters Wrote:

 I made another PDF from the spec. and Phobos. Download it from:

 http://www.nidhogg.com/D_Standard.pdf (+1mb)

 Things to be done:
 - Re-align stuff that start on a new page
 - Order some sections
 - Put some stuff in the appendix instead
 - Add concrete URLs
 - Make a better makeup for example code
 - Add 'more information' section
 - Fix spelling errors
 - Suggestions?

I tried to download the pdf-file. No success! Obviously the link is broken or teh adress no longer exists. Is there any mirror or a new version or whatever? Best regards bblochl2
Jan 26 2007
parent jcc7 <technocrat7 gmail.com> writes:
== Quote from bblochl2 (bblochl2 compuserve.de)'s article
 Joey Peters Wrote:
(http://www.digitalmars.com/webnews/newsgroups.php?art_group=digitalmars.D&article_id=10189)
 I made another PDF from the spec. and Phobos. Download it from:

 http://www.nidhogg.com/D_Standard.pdf (+1mb)

 Things to be done:
 - Re-align stuff that start on a new page
 - Order some sections
 - Put some stuff in the appendix instead
 - Add concrete URLs
 - Make a better makeup for example code
 - Add 'more information' section
 - Fix spelling errors
 - Suggestions?
I tried to download the pdf-file. No success! Obviously the link is broken or teh adress no longer exists. Is there any mirror or a new version or whatever? Best regards bblochl2
I don't know if that particular PDF file is available anywhere (someone probably saved a copy on their computer), but some other snapshots are in Wiki4D: http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?LanguageSpecification It looks like all of the version there are really old though. jcc7
Jan 26 2007