c++ - iostream error

reply Bill <Bill_member pathlink.com> writes:
I tried to compile the hello world program it said Fatal error unable open input
file iostream. Is it the way i installed it which was drag stlport to replace
the one in the compiler then drag the file under lib and placed it in the
compiler's lib folder.
Mar 18 2006
next sibling parent Bertel Brander <bertel post4.tele.dk> writes:
Bill wrote:
 I tried to compile the hello world program it said Fatal error unable open
input
 file iostream. Is it the way i installed it which was drag stlport to replace
 the one in the compiler then drag the file under lib and placed it in the
 compiler's lib folder.
Dit you add a path to iostream (and the other stl header files) in sc.ini In my sc.ini I have: INCLUDE="% P%\..\stlport\stlport";"% P%\..\include";%INCLUDE% -- Absolutely not the best homepage on the net: http://home20.inet.tele.dk/midgaard But it's mine - Bertel
Mar 18 2006
prev sibling parent reply "TK" <tk tech-head.ic24.nein-spam.net> writes:
"Bill" <Bill_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:dvhc9u$2qhc$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 I tried to compile the hello world program it said Fatal error unable open
input
 file iostream. Is it the way i installed it which was drag stlport to
replace
 the one in the compiler then drag the file under lib and placed it in the
 compiler's lib folder.
DMC uses .h header naming convention so either you edit the source files to #include <iostream.h> or copy over iostream.h in dm/include to a file named "iostream" or create a file called "iostream" with the line #include <iostream.h> in it to tell the compiler to include the required header without changing the source files. HTH
Mar 18 2006
TK wrote:
 DMC uses .h header naming convention so either you edit the source files to
 #include <iostream.h>
 or copy over iostream.h in dm/include to a file named "iostream" or create a
 file called "iostream"
 with the line

 #include <iostream.h>

 in it to tell the compiler to include the required header without changing
 the source files.
Or better, download and install STLPort from Digital Mars. Then you will get the full standard library. -- Absolutely not the best homepage on the net: http://home20.inet.tele.dk/midgaard But it's mine - Bertel
Mar 18 2006