D - postconditions?

reply Evan McClanahan <evan dontSPAMaltarinteractive.com> writes:
Is there any way to do tests on out/inout stuff that gets changed in
functions in the function postconditions?  Although I guess you can use
other contracts to get around this lack, I think that it would be nice
to be able to test them in the postcondition code, so that all of the
tests for the functions are in the same place.

Evan
Dec 18 2002
 Is there any way to do tests on out/inout stuff that gets changed in
 functions in the function postconditions?  Although I guess you can use
 other contracts to get around this lack, I think that it would be nice
 to be able to test them in the postcondition code, so that all of the
 tests for the functions are in the same place.

 Evan
Are you talking about testing the effects of a function, not just the result? That might be better tested in a unittest function that runs the function many times with different inputs and then checks the result. I think (not 100% sure) that you can defined multiple unittests in a single module; I would write the unittest right next to the function declaration.
Dec 18 2002
Yes, just put the assert's in the out { } block.

news:atq57d$2nr6$1 digitaldaemon.com...

parent Evan McClanahan <evan dontSPAMaltarinteractive.com> writes:
Walter wrote:
 Yes, just put the assert's in the out { } block.
That's odd, I could have sworn that didn't work before. Sorry... Evan
Dec 19 2002