D - Announce: D GUI Interface

reply Burton Radons <loth users.sourceforge.net> writes:
I've put up the first alpha release of my GUI wrapper for Windows.  I
embarked on this partly because I wanted one and Pavel has disappeared,
but largely to teach myself Windows GDI, as someone who's never so much
as linked a Windows program before.  It's been... a... period of time.

The supported widget set is fairly bare, but I think nice to use,
courtesy of your friendly neighbourhood "with" statement and delegates.
  I've put up on-line API documentation.  All at:

http://www.opend.org/dig (Website)
http://www.opend.org/dig/arc/dig-0.0.1.zip (Release)
http://www.opend.org/dig/doc (Documentation)

You build by running "go.bat".  It expects that DMD and DMC are
installed in the root directory on the same drive.  You build the
example by running the "go.bat" in the examples directory.
Oct 23 2002
next sibling parent reply Patrick Down <pat codemoon.com> writes:
Burton Radons <loth users.sourceforge.net> wrote in news:ap7e01$dmd$1
 digitaldaemon.com:

 http://www.opend.org/dig/doc
I'm curious. Did doxygen just work with D your D source or did you have to do something to it?
Oct 23 2002
parent reply Burton Radons <loth users.sourceforge.net> writes:
Patrick Down wrote:
 Burton Radons <loth users.sourceforge.net> wrote in news:ap7e01$dmd$1
  digitaldaemon.com:

http://www.opend.org/dig/doc
I'm curious. Did doxygen just work with D your D source or did you have to do something to it?
It just works mostly. Doxygen doesn't understand what it parses; it just picks up keywords and has a faint clue about function arguments. So I have some blocks reading: /+ #ifndef DOXYGEN_SHOULD_SKIP_THIS +/ ... /+ #endif +/ When it needs to go through something that would confuse it; alias, delegate, and extern (Windows), that kind of thing. For alias and delegate I put the C analogue in the nested comment; for example: /+ typedef void (*Method) (Event e); /**< (DELEGATE) Used for dispatch. */ #ifndef DOXYGEN_SHOULD_SKIP_THIS +/ typedef void delegate (Event e) Method; /+ #endif +/ Although now that I think of it you could predefine alias to be typedef; I had no luck trying to fool Doxygen into handling delegates. I also have to set public access mode on classes. But most code just goes in; Doxygen's ignorance is my reward. Oh, one other thing. When you have methods like: void foo (char [] x); This works fine in the brief description, but if the full description is used it comes out like: void foo (charx []); I dislike Doxygen's full description format anyway. Perhaps I can get the author to put in an option to repeat the brief description signature. Oh! And you have to use }; to end classes, structs, and enums, instead of just }.
Oct 23 2002
parent Jason Mills <jmills cs.mun.ca> writes:
Burton Radons wrote:
 Patrick Down wrote:

 Burton Radons <loth users.sourceforge.net> wrote in news:ap7e01$dmd$1
  digitaldaemon.com:

 http://www.opend.org/dig/doc
I'm curious. Did doxygen just work with D your D source or did you have to do something to it?
It just works mostly. Doxygen doesn't understand what it parses; it just picks up keywords and has a faint clue about function arguments. So I have some blocks reading:
I posted a question to the Doxygen mailing list about adding support to Doxygen for additional languages. It can be done...how difficult really depends on how close the language is to C/C++ syntax: 1. Doxygen allows for input filters. With it one can convert D into something more C/C++ like. 2. With some knowledge of flex, one could create a new src/scanner.l file for D and build support for D into Doxygen. Given that Burton has already generated documentation from "raw" D source, both of the above methods should not be too difficult. Jason
Oct 24 2002
prev sibling next sibling parent "Walter" <walter digitalmars.com> writes:
Cool! (Also glad someone found a great use for the with statement!)

"Burton Radons" <loth users.sourceforge.net> wrote in message
news:ap7e01$dmd$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 I've put up the first alpha release of my GUI wrapper for Windows.  I
 embarked on this partly because I wanted one and Pavel has disappeared,
 but largely to teach myself Windows GDI, as someone who's never so much
 as linked a Windows program before.  It's been... a... period of time.

 The supported widget set is fairly bare, but I think nice to use,
 courtesy of your friendly neighbourhood "with" statement and delegates.
   I've put up on-line API documentation.  All at:

 http://www.opend.org/dig (Website)
 http://www.opend.org/dig/arc/dig-0.0.1.zip (Release)
 http://www.opend.org/dig/doc (Documentation)

 You build by running "go.bat".  It expects that DMD and DMC are
 installed in the root directory on the same drive.  You build the
 example by running the "go.bat" in the examples directory.
Oct 23 2002
prev sibling next sibling parent reply "Sean L. Palmer" <seanpalmer directvinternet.com> writes:
On first glance:

nice library!  It sure looks cleaner in D than it would have in most other
languages.

One thing I noted, is this bit of code for the sample:

        digInit ();
         (new Program ()).showModal (); // Run our program.
         digTerm ();

This is such a typical pattern (starting and stopping a global module) that
I feel it deserves special language support.

This turned into such a big post that I decided it needed its own thread.
See thread "request for module initializer".

Sean

Sean L. Palmer wrote:
 On first glance:

 nice library!  It sure looks cleaner in D than it would have in most other
 languages.
Thanks. Could I have some suggestions on how to model it? I've seen dismissive criticisms here of pretty much every native GUI library I know of.
 One thing I noted, is this bit of code for the sample:

         digInit ();
          (new Program ()).showModal (); // Run our program.
          digTerm ();

 This is such a typical pattern (starting and stopping a global module) that
 I feel it deserves special language support.
digInit and digTerm are simply calling the D construction functions (gc_init and _moduleCtor etc.); I use normal static constructors for the library itself. If WinMain is rendered obsolete - one entry point regardless of program type, and D is initialised properly - then these symbols will disappear.
Oct 24 2002
next sibling parent "Sean L. Palmer" <seanpalmer directvinternet.com> writes:
I'm no expert in GUI libraries, or I'd offer my opinion.  Sorry!  Haven't
worked with Windows widgets much since Windows 95.

Sean

"Burton Radons" <loth users.sourceforge.net> wrote in message
news:ap8iq1$2gub$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Sean L. Palmer wrote:
 On first glance:

 nice library!  It sure looks cleaner in D than it would have in most
other
 languages.
Thanks. Could I have some suggestions on how to model it? I've seen dismissive criticisms here of pretty much every native GUI library I know of.
Oct 24 2002
prev sibling next sibling parent "Walter" <walter digitalmars.com> writes:
"Burton Radons" <loth users.sourceforge.net> wrote in message
news:ap8iq1$2gub$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 If WinMain is rendered obsolete - one entry point
 regardless of program type, [...]
That may not be practical. WinMain and main take completely different parameters, and the build system needs to know if it is a console or a gui app in order to flag the executable binary.
Oct 24 2002
prev sibling parent Toyotomi <io219 attbi.com> writes:
On Thu, 24 Oct 2002 03:43:22 -0700, Burton Radons
Thanks.  Could I have some suggestions on how to model it?  I've seen
dismissive criticisms here of pretty much every native GUI library I
know of.
See Borland's VCL...
Oct 29 2002
prev sibling next sibling parent "anderson" <anderson firestar.com.au> writes:
Great stuff.

You've sure been working hard in D lately, Burton.  Keep up the great work!

[...]

Oct 25 2002
prev sibling next sibling parent Burton Radons <loth users.sourceforge.net> writes:
And now 0.0.2.  Added font support (just a blackbox for now),
FontSelector, ColorSelector, GLFrame for OpenGL contexts, the start of
support for timers, and improved various things. They're all visible in
the example program; click on the rotating sphere to change the
material, and the buttons are now labeled properly.

http://www.opend.org/dig (Website)
http://www.opend.org/dig/arc/dig-0.0.2.zip (Release)
http://www.opend.org/dig/doc (Documentation)
Oct 26 2002
prev sibling next sibling parent Burton Radons <loth users.sourceforge.net> writes:
Quick one: fixed checkboxes, added a cartoon shading example, and added
grid-fitting.  Grid-fitting allows you to specify the position and
spacing of a widget in context with its siblings, similar to HTML
tables; the grid-fitter will then find out what layout it wants to use.
  Widgets initially aren't included in grid-fitting, but you can specify
it with the methods:

      grid (col, row);
      grid (col, row, colspan, rowspan);

colspan and rowspan are one if not given.

The cartoon shading example starts with a port of the NeHe tutorial on
the subject.  It adds multiple lights (using GL light state and
multi-pass blending), plane shadowing with anti-aliased edges,
texturing, and control over parameters.  It's more of a sample than an
example.  It is now run as the main example, although the halhello
example is also compiled.

http://www.opend.org/dig (Website)
http://www.opend.org/dig/arc/dig-0.0.3.zip (Release)
http://www.opend.org/dig/doc (Documentation)
Oct 27 2002
prev sibling next sibling parent Burton Radons <loth users.sourceforge.net> writes:
0.0.4:

- Added ComboBox control.
- Deleted windows.d and winutil.d; windows headers are now in
digwindows.d (containing just what's used), saving 40kb on executable
size, 400kb on library size, and 100kb on zip file size.
- Added support for window resizing.
- Added registry support using the Registry singleton.
- Cartoon shader sample makes use of the registry, combobox, resizing,
and has transparent shadows.
- Added digc, a utility program to compile dig programs more easily and
portably with a single command.
- Removed WinMain requirements, digInit and digTerm.  You just use main now.

http://www.opend.org/dig (Website)
http://www.opend.org/dig/arc/dig-0.0.4.zip (Release)
http://www.opend.org/dig/doc (Documentation)
Oct 28 2002
prev sibling next sibling parent reply Burton Radons <loth users.sourceforge.net> writes:
Added the dedit sample, which is made the default example, and fixed up
a bunch of stuff to allow it.  I'm going to get a bugfixing DLI release
out next.  The website and the online documentation have been combined.

http://www.opend.org/dig (Website)
http://www.opend.org/dig/arc/dig-0.0.5.zip (Release)
Nov 01 2002
parent reply "Carlos" <carlos8294 msn.com> writes:
"Burton Radons" <loth users.sourceforge.net> escribió en el mensaje
news:apua77$14ou$1 digitaldaemon.com...
| Added the dedit sample, which is made the default example, and fixed up
| a bunch of stuff to allow it.  I'm going to get a bugfixing DLI release
| out next.  The website and the online documentation have been combined.
|
| http://www.opend.org/dig (Website)
| http://www.opend.org/dig/arc/dig-0.0.5.zip (Release)

Is it possible to change the font of the document in dedit? If so, how? If
not, why?

-------------------------
Carlos Santander
http://carlos3.netfirms.com/
Nov 05 2002
Carlos wrote:
 "Burton Radons" <loth users.sourceforge.net> escribió en el mensaje
 news:apua77$14ou$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 | Added the dedit sample, which is made the default example, and fixed up
 | a bunch of stuff to allow it.  I'm going to get a bugfixing DLI release
 | out next.  The website and the online documentation have been combined.
 |
 | http://www.opend.org/dig (Website)
 | http://www.opend.org/dig/arc/dig-0.0.5.zip (Release)

 Is it possible to change the font of the document in dedit? If so, how? If
 not, why?
There's a font selector class in the library, but it's not currently used by dedit.
Nov 05 2002
parent reply "Carlos" <carlos8294 msn.com> writes:

| > Is it possible to change the font of the document in dedit? If so, how?
If
| > not, why?
|
| There's a font selector class in the library, but it's not currently
| used by dedit.

Yeah... I found it in the docs, but there's no information about it.

-------------------------
Carlos Santander
http://carlos3.netfirms.com/
Nov 05 2002
Carlos wrote:

 | > Is it possible to change the font of the document in dedit? If so, how?
 If
 | > not, why?
 |
 | There's a font selector class in the library, but it's not currently
 | used by dedit.

 Yeah... I found it in the docs, but there's no information about it.
I can't tell what you're finding deficient in the docs, could you tell me what you want from them?
Nov 05 2002
parent reply "Carlos" <carlos8294 msn.com> writes:

| I can't tell what you're finding deficient in the docs, could you tell
| me what you want from them?

I was only referring to FontSelector. Now it's information is available, but
before it wasn't.

Out of this topic, I'd like to mention a couple of things.
First, I've noticed that dedit exits when I press ctrl+f6 (I was trying to
see if it's working, obviously not) and when I press alt gr (for those who
don't know, alt gr is some kind of shift key present in some keyboards). I
need alt gr because it's the easy way to get "\" (the other is alt+92,
ugly).
Second, I'd like to download the entire docs. How can I do it (if possible)?
Third, I'd like that, when I switch back to dedit, the doc is the selected
control. Right now I have to click on it to edit my file.
(Am I asking too much?)
Hey, nice program.

-------------------------
Carlos Santander
http://carlos3.netfirms.com/
Nov 06 2002
parent "Carlos" <carlos8294 msn.com> writes:
Four more keys that make dedit to exit: minus (-), less than (<), greater
than (>), and the start (windows) key. I was reviewing the code and I
couldn't find the reason.
Also, I changed 2 things (very simple, actually): I had put my bg blue and
the cursor kept appearing black, so I changed it to  match the text color. I
wanted windows to open my d files with dedit, so I changed the info of the
.d extension, but dedit didn't do anything, so I changed it that if it
received an argument, automatically it would open the file. I didn't know
how to tell it not to open it if it's already opened. Though these things
are very simple, I thing they're useful, so you might consider including it.
Finally, another bug: when I change a file from the doc list, it doesn't
change the caption of the window.
I hope I'm helping ;)

—————————————————————————
Carlos Santander
http://carlos3.netfirms.com/
Nov 06 2002
prev sibling next sibling parent reply Burton Radons <loth users.sourceforge.net> writes:
v0.0.6: Clipboard support in both dig and dedit.  Dedit adds undo/redo
support, HTML highlighter, smart backspace and tab, options dialog.

Also added a project manager to dedit, which is visible as a bar on the
left side of the edit window.  You change the current file by clicking
on it, and can load/save/create files/projects by right clicking in
there.  The main menu is popped up by right-clicking on the edit window
(no menu bar support is the cause, I'm not being willfully
iconoclastic).  Project filenames are not yet relative so aren't portable.

http://www.opend.org/dig (Website)
http://www.opend.org/dig/arc/dig-0.0.6.zip (Release)
Nov 05 2002
next sibling parent reply Evan McClanahan <evan dontSPAMaltarinteractive.com> writes:
Burton Radons wrote:
 v0.0.6: Clipboard support in both dig and dedit.  Dedit adds undo/redo
 support, HTML highlighter, smart backspace and tab, options dialog.

 Also added a project manager to dedit, which is visible as a bar on the
 left side of the edit window.  You change the current file by clicking
 on it, and can load/save/create files/projects by right clicking in
 there.  The main menu is popped up by right-clicking on the edit window
 (no menu bar support is the cause, I'm not being willfully
 iconoclastic).  Project filenames are not yet relative so aren't portable.

 http://www.opend.org/dig (Website)
 http://www.opend.org/dig/arc/dig-0.0.6.zip (Release)

Having some trouble with this version... install script fails: C:\dig>go ... Compiling dig compiler ... link digc,,,user32+kernel32/noi; 1 file(s) copied Compiling... Error: dig*.d: 123 when I run the command that's failing at the real prompt, it seems to work ok. No idea what the issue is. Working on Win2k. Also, could you include a version number in the usage stuff(when you just type digc)? Evan
Nov 06 2002
Evan McClanahan wrote:
 when I run the command that's failing at the real prompt, it seems to
 work ok.  No idea what the issue is.  Working on Win2k.  Also, could you
 include a version number in the usage stuff(when you just type digc)?
It looks like an older version of digc is being invoked. I'll call it from an absolute path in the next version, but did you install 0.0.5 manually for some reason? I've put the version number in now.
Nov 07 2002
parent Evan McClanahan <evan dontSPAMaltarinteractive.com> writes:
Burton Radons wrote:
 Evan McClanahan wrote:

 when I run the command that's failing at the real prompt, it seems to
 work ok.  No idea what the issue is.  Working on Win2k.  Also, could
 you include a version number in the usage stuff(when you just type digc)?
It looks like an older version of digc is being invoked. I'll call it from an absolute path in the next version, but did you install 0.0.5 manually for some reason?
Nah, it's a path issue. I fixed it and things are working correctly now.
 I've put the version number in now.
Thanks. The reason that I mention it is that it would have helped me find the version error much more quickly. Evan
Nov 07 2002
prev sibling parent reply Daniel Yokomiso <Daniel_member pathlink.com> writes:
In article <aqa8u9$ott$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Burton Radons says...
v0.0.6: Clipboard support in both dig and dedit.  Dedit adds undo/redo
support, HTML highlighter, smart backspace and tab, options dialog.

Also added a project manager to dedit, which is visible as a bar on the
left side of the edit window.  You change the current file by clicking
on it, and can load/save/create files/projects by right clicking in
there.  The main menu is popped up by right-clicking on the edit window
(no menu bar support is the cause, I'm not being willfully
iconoclastic).  Project filenames are not yet relative so aren't portable.

http://www.opend.org/dig (Website)
http://www.opend.org/dig/arc/dig-0.0.6.zip (Release)
Hi, I'm trying to install dig following the instructions from the site, but I've got the following problem when running go.bat: D:\dig>go .. Compiling dig compiler ... link digc,,,user32+kernel32/noi; 1 arquivo(s) copiado(s) Compiling... Digital Mars Librarian Version 7.6B3n Copyright (C) Digital Mars 2000. All Rights Reserved. Error: a library file must be named I'm using D 0.48, dig 0.0.6 and win2k. This is the first dig version I'm trying to install. Best regards, Daniel Yokomiso.
Nov 07 2002
Daniel Yokomiso wrote:
 D:\dig>go
 .. Compiling dig compiler ...
 link digc,,,user32+kernel32/noi;
 1 arquivo(s) copiado(s)
 Compiling...
 Digital Mars Librarian Version 7.6B3n
 Copyright (C) Digital Mars 2000.  All Rights Reserved.

 Error: a library file must be named

 I'm using D 0.48, dig 0.0.6 and win2k. This is the first dig version I'm trying
 to install.
Looks like Walter made a mistake. My lib.exe version is 7.50B1. The lib.exe version in dmdalpha.zip (ftp://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmdalpha.zip) is 8.00n and works fine. The lib.exe version in dmc.zip is 7.6B3 and doesn't accept arguments properly. So installing dmdalpha should fix your problem.
Nov 07 2002
parent reply "Daniel Yokomiso" <daniel_yokomiso yahoo.com.br> writes:
"Burton Radons" <loth users.sourceforge.net> escreveu na mensagem
news:aqe6gn$1q56$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Daniel Yokomiso wrote:
 D:\dig>go
 .. Compiling dig compiler ...
 link digc,,,user32+kernel32/noi;
 1 arquivo(s) copiado(s)
 Compiling...
 Digital Mars Librarian Version 7.6B3n
 Copyright (C) Digital Mars 2000.  All Rights Reserved.

 Error: a library file must be named

 I'm using D 0.48, dig 0.0.6 and win2k. This is the first dig version I'm
trying
 to install.
Looks like Walter made a mistake. My lib.exe version is 7.50B1. The lib.exe version in dmdalpha.zip (ftp://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmdalpha.zip) is 8.00n and works fine. The lib.exe version in dmc.zip is 7.6B3 and doesn't accept arguments properly. So installing dmdalpha should fix your problem.
Thanks it solved my problem. Now I'm trying to run dedit but a strange problem occurs. I can start it and even type something, cut & paste, anything using the keyboard only. But whenever I use the mouse the application terminates without any message. I can use the mouse just once, to place the focus on the main text area. The same happens when I use the halhello sample application.
Nov 07 2002

Daniel Yokomiso wrote:

[...]

Hmm. I'll turn off creating windows executables and including -release and -g in the next release. With lots of luck it'll show up as an obvious crash. Your problem doesn't suggest any possible cause to me.
Nov 07 2002
prev sibling parent reply "Roberto Mariottini" <rmariottini lycosmail.com> writes:
"Daniel Yokomiso" <daniel_yokomiso yahoo.com.br> wrote:
 Now I'm trying to run dedit but a strange problem occurs. I can start it
and
 even type something, cut & paste, anything using the keyboard only. But
 whenever I use the mouse the application terminates without any message. I
 can use the mouse just once, to place the focus on the main text area.
 The same happens when I use the halhello sample application.
I have similar problems here, in my Windows 2000 Professional SP3 workstation. It seems that opening a pop-up menu lead to a crash after a while. You can see what dedit 0.0.7 shows for less than a second in the attached files. The same happens in all examples when: - opening a popup menu - opening the top-left system menu (even with alt-spacebar) - moving or resizing the window This is working, instead: - selecting text with the mouse (even moving the caret with a click) - maximizing and minimizing the window with the titlebar buttons Another bug: pasting when the clipboard contains a bitmap. Ciao begin 666 dedit.png M```.PP'';ZAD```4)$E$051XG.W=:9 5U9W'\?LZB9-H-&.6&36N"+*Y1K86 MET0!!<4D0B((QIU>:&11NKL`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``!)"Z (`8 BA"P" M(80N``"&$+H``!A"Z (`8 BA"P" (80N``"&$+H``!A"Z (`8 BA"P" (80N M``"&Q!^Z5J$ E?I4`0!(5VRA:X=KNP_2%P!0Y>()74762M,WH<D4SF[VQK Z M`)"HZ*%;9N(FE[O2T'4^<"XZ'D0[_RK]5*A^O#NX=M,YUO5 7-IA+#N[/M I MD;1H?IUXAR0=&P!4C_1#U[*L>*=4\(2N-P9<.TM3(; ?[TG]=E"<4;U%)ZX" M=PZ<;^3AQ3)^`* >$4-7GKCM[0$I*]LA]MS5B1S7?9OT?BZP']?^TK.'&H/? MJ*3=ZN\LG91ZS#J MBJ)_G3'H]!DJX?S^': .7?TI$+H`H"FFT'6UD#M8L=[L1L G:?S$U4_88Q5; MMZA#R MUQNQ>HE+Z&8?H0L`Y8L[=!6YJSPJWB?,``!D4 *A*\W=H$,(70! [N4P=(T] M"/5[LY7?``('QB-<`,BW'#Y>3CUTPPZ,K 6 *I&M-U*5'[J&?S1%_8,ZBIUU MGBM46A.Z`%"YLO(?'L3U;#DP.S6W2+=+=PL;NOIWU8HM`(!*E)7_VB_>VUSG MED0?+TLW$KH``*E,_"?VB89N,<DW4DE/[7=>O\?+15GZ^MVL$[H`4+DR%+JI M)7$!`%4BAM M=N2N^J[7DMW DK ` .H13^C:?3G3U\W34I\\```FQ1FZ13MW MN)959VR*!75=*EF88$6L18H5R [U"T7VF1^GX2O<U55V>LY5Z)9?$<7.T2+0 M\/B3&&%&7D2<PXAE32-WF-"\LODB:+)$&;S2(NR6D5D$#CN6<8;*T50JD]Q) M(\^+T-5=(4(W781NHB6-=V<#XTE]&(2N9B>$KDNUA*[K*:+?<T77<VGO8VKU M9[T?N/Z4CL$[8.^QTC'[32%POM*\4=<DL(!^Y5)TJ+,NKK.[C HLCG0`BB+H M3"U4/?4O.9V":%95\UCOQZ%VCKRLTKKI7VFAINP:3\&S4MZ3*LH2]KHJ9W6D M%TG8R\_;FZL4. 54C$U=JVAGE)Y+6G:_+=*N_,:IGIWT`VG/TAZDJB)TI27S MV]F[W559Q6<#ER M>]/_. HUMA2O<$57^E\7BMGY]:Q8(Z^J"%UIE>VFKK*TT#J?U=E?9Z458Y8N M`0-+ZK>LBG+YE4)1 6A35A>YG+*HKRMUN?1[]L[=59/ D2N625%M=0'5O95S MQE"+J[F^ <OM-W+UGYI7A5.5AF[ L7Y'J5<N<'D46_S&H!YSF5>GW]=2V +J M2]B!Z0\CL+R*4L=[O>DL6:BO]\ SQOA%%^%%1KJ#WY\Z:^=2[:$;]OI0]*"S M\!'&$.\K5]B/-3LLL\AANRVGO.HIESG90J& .<)R3AWM)4GS$M+?.?*R. L5 M=A;1IBS]():R>,6U.GZ%C>O+.:%%C^6,9=8PQM<*Q:N$SMREJC%TBQU?<H$E M=N[C+;2K!YWED?: ^34F/:/^5:(>L+HF?J<.+)=Z1:0?^'7KK$;D`P/GI3,U MZ;'>$P5VXBJ(M&+2JOIU$F%%U"=2[^QWX2DZE_8?]DJ+,&7O/LYB2OL)M?32 M.F .M>!94VEMU6.0#D-1MU M+7"+]*CBV>FN[DJQCW.[>IKV1O79=::L,WA%`74^]I[1=?; G _4/<I/87? M_HH*ARJOSL)I7AN!J^PZ5KTT 9^--DV_Y9,6Q*^VZKJI9P%D6=Y"UQ;+EZ7K M+YQ"+5S8RT ]DL"Q^:V.^J1 Q<E;Z!8<+:Y.]",VB:.\?XVVC_=<TOGJ#SZP MAM(_%<-3'*LSV5!C=ITBL""*"NN45W_A(DQ<>I1WC?1733TJS6DJ]O<;B=]% M9Z'SUD>G3^D.?CFJ6>%X%Z[,#LN,JQA'%7 AA;HD%-<`4%ER%;K%CI=7[XML M.9UX^Y2>Q;N/\U-^!RKZD6:,WU&N?=1G5TQ9?_"!%5:_5OI-W#L%G8)H]BFM M(B!T$^1]TV8Y787:+MU'YVVQ`(#D$+H)RD+H%CPMEO$``"( =!/D_8%%YZ>D M/W>H_R X\*<AO<?R>!D`TD7H)L O=+VWFSJA*\UIZ:\1D Y#VF?J)0* JD+H M"$(W03JAJ]X8N(7'RP!000C=!"E"3GW?&39TI1UZCR5T`2!=A"X``(80N `` M&$+H` ! "*$+`( AA"X``(80N ``&$+H` ! "*$+`( AA"X``(80N ``&$+H M` ! "*$+`( AA"X``(80N ``&$+H` ! "*$+`( AA"X``(80N ``&$+H` ! M"*&+'"KDO7FGW)[K5E-3D_I%!<2"T$4.%0J%M&,BJ5934^,7NJF7/2&691&Z MR U"%SDD0C?U8<1.Q ^A"U0N0A<Y1.CF":&+/"%TD4.NT!4I5>E_% E=H/(1 M+TOOYA6_KR,NA"[RA-!%#J7U/=UBPG>!60M=,Q,G=)$GA"YRR/R[EW/_/5WG M!X0N$!FABQPR_\LQS+R!.?70+9[]_5U"%PB+T$4.\>[E1&=*Z *1$;K((;ZG M&_LT_?[*&ZF 4 A=Y)#Y[^D:F%&1WT %5#Y"%SEDX$ZW(&M)SRN5T)7.U.0_ M90A=Y FABQSB3C=/"%WD":&+'"KPOPSE"*&+/"%TD4/&WDAE&*$+5#I"%SDD MET#B+?6+"H %H0L` "&$+ ``AA"Z```80N "`& (H0L` "&$+ ``AA"Z```8 M:?\/(C0:C4:C544KG*8Y6CN-1J/1:(DU0O>LEO9RT& T&BW/[?\!2#T+BFO$ .D3<`````245.1*Y"8((` ` end begin 666 dedit2.png M```.PP'';ZAD```(.TE$051XG.V=]UL41QR']V>3F,28JHDIJ-B[V%U[K]A[ MN[>SRV>>]^&9'6=F9W9?OK.[MYR,\VXU`.;"LBSC0D(R-3D<#I9E&=-_&T M MYW\1Z_ %U?$+>JWQDM>;!+_1-+BN?TC=9J%O- ]]J_G2MUN$U6L95J_5LG=: MA]=O$_%NVXCWVBY_OUWD^^TC/^ 0]6''Z(\Z13?HO*)!P,J&`3$?=XGYI.NJ M1MUB&W6/_;1'W&<]XS_O&?]%K]5^O1U^;$+C/ E-^JYIVB_1OU^B?_^D9 .2 MFP],;C%H;<O!*2V'I+8:FMIZZ+HVP]+:#D]K-V)]NY'I[4>E=QB]H>/HC$YC MS^\SHZ#OS,*^LPK[S=[2?T[1 +E%`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`A'Q')%R M$?6Y:^8G VY6_/LG<9N$-RN(B-82T=OGB$9\LL*/B/AD!2)"1(AHN( .XH3/ MB( *("* `H (J `B`BJ B( *]!31P3"2F#Y M1IH^84 GGHNH' 65HZ/ITP:TX:&('BB(T 4\$1$+RV$BT",F2(Z' Z]IL'4 M"S1$] U4BBA(&BOHOD"+-P7?P")>O 5Y\5$FZ4=<05"-I*W HD*R0UTJ"S(D M^]U0%I%\"E2*J."B8BN'?JNS!^=,\I3HU8_6MB0G4J_*W R&>A$E751KXDL1 MG;RE1[(._Y\(^Q&4B-N*NU4M43Z1 CX)*XO'3SX8R3KD1Y5$1UN)"(R ,*1Y M/MN(J'5 \,^-^2\]Z&NA*2YZ'/ HAOS7P,S5$0/GN&Y2^0V^;L3Y%6?JTD^ MHE-M*#D M)<^0![%*7**\-$L60D2/\5Q$KK$F%P4*&O3VE[/F">;'2$TE<IL*NY;;K]S2 M=!.1WR/\`UK17T0`/ `B`BJ B( *("* `H (J `B`BJ B( *("* `H (J `B M`BJ B( *("* `H (J `B`BJ B( *("* `H (J,">(C)V3Z8?8=VQK8CRWQEJ M1$1+8E9$-%H1B& Q3+Q&-, 21$1+8N(UHKB"CD!$BV'N7;-Q.X6(%L/TYXCB M35V B!8#GZQ8#ON M0 DB6 F&85C[)HAH&1B[)]./L.[84T1 .2 BH *("* `( (J (B "B BH *( M"* `( (J (B "B BH *("* `( (J>"6B[U]G0D(2))9E&1^\O(2$I)IL^XW3 ` end
Nov 11 2002
Roberto Mariottini wrote:

 "Daniel Yokomiso"  wrote:

Now I'm trying to run dedit but a strange problem occurs. I can start it
and
even type something, cut & paste, anything using the keyboard only. But
whenever I use the mouse the application terminates without any
message. I
can use the mouse just once, to place the focus on the main text area.
The same happens when I use the halhello sample application.
I have similar problems here, in my Windows 2000 Professional SP3 workstation. It seems that opening a pop-up menu lead to a crash after a while. You can see what dedit 0.0.7 shows for less than a second in the attached files. The same happens in all examples when:
I can't really do anything with this, I'm afraid. It's some kind of lack of OS appeasement, but it works fine in XP (but not fine in 98, which apparently had different user responsibilities for canvas swapping). The only thing this suggests is that garbage collection is picking up something incorrectly; it's run every second. Perhaps commenting out the destructor in digmenu.d/Menu will stop the bug. I'll try to get dig working under Win98 and hope the incompatibilities are also in Win2000.
 Another bug: pasting when the clipboard contains a bitmap.
Ah, my bad. I put in a placeholder crash and forgot to fix it later.
Nov 12 2002
parent "Roberto Mariottini" <rmariottini lycosmail.com> writes:
"Burton Radons" <loth users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
 I can't really do anything with this, I'm afraid.  It's some kind of
 lack of OS appeasement, but it works fine in XP (but not fine in 98,
 which apparently had different user responsibilities for canvas swapping).

 The only thing this suggests is that garbage collection is picking up
 something incorrectly; it's run every second.  Perhaps commenting out
 the destructor in digmenu.d/Menu will stop the bug.
It doesn't work, as I supposed. I have a big experience with windows GUI (I made one by myself), and I think your problem is message-related. The menu is only a symptom, given that the program crashes when the window is moved/resized. I don't have a debugger handy here, so I can't debug it. Some hints: - Menus receive some particular messages when are displayed (i.e. WM_INITMENU, WM_INITMENUPOPUP) - menus are handled as modal windows (see WM_ENTERMENULOOP WM_EXITMENULOOP). This means that a menu (like every modal window) has its private message loop. The same happens if a window is resizing/moving: the message loop is handled by the system (I once had bad times trying to figure out why a thread message went lost this way).
 I'll try to get dig working under Win98 and hope the incompatibilities
 are also in Win2000.
Don't hope in vain :-) My GUI worked well on NT4 but not on 9x/Me, and I had to fix something to make it work for 2000. Ciao
Nov 13 2002
prev sibling next sibling parent reply Burton Radons <loth users.sourceforge.net> writes:
v0.0.7: Enhancement release.  Fonts are handled better (no more default
font - but I'm very uncomfortable with using my own), GroupBox now
works, and Pane allows sub-table control for better grid-fitting.

Most of it's on the dedit side.  Project files are now saved with
relative paths, so they're machine-portable (the dig.dprj file included
should be loadable on all systems).  They're also hierarchical; a bit
clumsy to use, but works.  I fixed a bunch of bugs, made things easier
to deal with, and it now gives the option to save the program after a
crash (saving to different filenames, of course).  This makes it
possible for me to start using dedit to develop itself, which should
shake down lots of interface problems.

http://www.opend.org/dig (Website)
http://www.opend.org/dig/arc/dig-0.0.7.zip (Release)
http://www.opend.org/dig/arc/dig_html-0.0.7.zip (Release)
Nov 07 2002
next sibling parent "Daniel Yokomiso" <daniel_yokomiso yahoo.com.br> writes:
"Burton Radons" <loth users.sourceforge.net> escreveu na mensagem
news:aqedll$217s$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 v0.0.7: Enhancement release.  Fonts are handled better (no more default
 font - but I'm very uncomfortable with using my own), GroupBox now
 works, and Pane allows sub-table control for better grid-fitting.

 Most of it's on the dedit side.  Project files are now saved with
 relative paths, so they're machine-portable (the dig.dprj file included
 should be loadable on all systems).  They're also hierarchical; a bit
 clumsy to use, but works.  I fixed a bunch of bugs, made things easier
 to deal with, and it now gives the option to save the program after a
 crash (saving to different filenames, of course).  This makes it
 possible for me to start using dedit to develop itself, which should
 shake down lots of interface problems.

 http://www.opend.org/dig (Website)
 http://www.opend.org/dig/arc/dig-0.0.7.zip (Release)
 http://www.opend.org/dig/arc/dig_html-0.0.7.zip (Release)
Hi again, Now dedit gives me a quick warning (disappears in less than 1 second): "Access Violation", with your error message. I can play a little with the cartoon example, clicking on all the controls of the window and changing their values. But if I click on the top of the window to move it the application terminates. Also it makes intensive use of the cpu, is this expected? Best regards, Daniel Yokomiso.
Nov 07 2002
prev sibling parent "Carlos" <carlos8294 msn.com> writes:
more bugs (sorry...):
- dedit opens a console window
- the doclist is kinda screwed up. i mean... the rectangle for the selected
file isn't properly located. besides, it doesn't always show all the files
(hard to explain: sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't)
- the doc flashes too much (is that on purpose?)

good thing: it doesn't die when i press -,<,>,the start key or alt gr. (i
had another good thing, but i forgot)
thanks for making the docs available for download

you know why i'm so interested in dedit? because in my head, the

need beautiful colors to understand it properly. it doesn't happen with
basic, which (for some reason) is very clear for me, so i don't need colors.
so, until now, i hadn't make so much in d, but in the last couple of days i
have. not much, but i have. thanks for letting me do stuff with d! (weird,
but true)

-------------------------
Carlos Santander
http://carlos3.netfirms.com/
Nov 07 2002
prev sibling next sibling parent reply Burton Radons <loth users.sourceforge.net> writes:
v0.0.8: Added Spinner and RadioButton control with a RadioGroup
organiser for it, MenuBar class, and image loader with PNG support.
dedit now has a Find function (check out the Match List button) and
status bar. GLFrame is now called CanvasGL; GL functions are now in the
GL class and gl singleton.  Bunch of other stuff.

http://www.opend.org/dig (Website)
http://www.opend.org/dig/arc/dig-0.0.8.zip (Release)
http://www.opend.org/dig/arc/dig_html-0.0.8.zip (Documentation pack)
Jan 12 2003
parent reply "Carlos" <carlos8294 msn.com> writes:
"Burton Radons" <loth users.sourceforge.net> escribió en el mensaje
news:avrudj$1roe$1 digitaldaemon.com...
| v0.0.8: Added Spinner and RadioButton control with a RadioGroup
| organiser for it, MenuBar class, and image loader with PNG support.
| dedit now has a Find function (check out the Match List button) and
| status bar. GLFrame is now called CanvasGL; GL functions are now in the
| GL class and gl singleton.  Bunch of other stuff.
|
| http://www.opend.org/dig (Website)
| http://www.opend.org/dig/arc/dig-0.0.8.zip (Release)
| http://www.opend.org/dig/arc/dig_html-0.0.8.zip (Documentation pack)

I get a lot of bugs with windows.d. Basically, a lot of the constants
defined there need to be declared as uint instead of int. But there's
another bug in digglframe.d (367). It says that the function hwndCreate(...)
doesn't match the arguments. I'm kinda busy right now to take a look to
that, but may be you should.

Carlos wrote:
 "Burton Radons" <loth users.sourceforge.net> escribió en el mensaje
 news:avrudj$1roe$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 | v0.0.8: Added Spinner and RadioButton control with a RadioGroup
 | organiser for it, MenuBar class, and image loader with PNG support.
 | dedit now has a Find function (check out the Match List button) and
 | status bar. GLFrame is now called CanvasGL; GL functions are now in the
 | GL class and gl singleton.  Bunch of other stuff.
 |
 | http://www.opend.org/dig (Website)
 | http://www.opend.org/dig/arc/dig-0.0.8.zip (Release)
 | http://www.opend.org/dig/arc/dig_html-0.0.8.zip (Documentation pack)

 I get a lot of bugs with windows.d. Basically, a lot of the constants
 defined there need to be declared as uint instead of int. But there's
 another bug in digglframe.d (367). It says that the function hwndCreate(...)
 doesn't match the arguments. I'm kinda busy right now to take a look to
 that, but may be you should.
Try deleting all the installed files. I do that in the install script, but clearly it needs to be moved up above compilation.
Jan 13 2003
prev sibling parent reply Burton Radons <loth users.sourceforge.net> writes:
Carlos wrote:
 "Burton Radons" <loth users.sourceforge.net> escribió en el mensaje
 news:avrudj$1roe$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 | v0.0.8: Added Spinner and RadioButton control with a RadioGroup
 | organiser for it, MenuBar class, and image loader with PNG support.
 | dedit now has a Find function (check out the Match List button) and
 | status bar. GLFrame is now called CanvasGL; GL functions are now in the
 | GL class and gl singleton.  Bunch of other stuff.
 |
 | http://www.opend.org/dig (Website)
 | http://www.opend.org/dig/arc/dig-0.0.8.zip (Release)
 | http://www.opend.org/dig/arc/dig_html-0.0.8.zip (Documentation pack)

 I get a lot of bugs with windows.d. Basically, a lot of the constants
 defined there need to be declared as uint instead of int. But there's
 another bug in digglframe.d (367). It says that the function hwndCreate(...)
 doesn't match the arguments. I'm kinda busy right now to take a look to
 that, but may be you should.
Sorry, I mean delete all files in "\dmd\src\dig".
Jan 13 2003
parent reply "Carlos" <carlos8294 msn.com> writes:
"Burton Radons" <loth users.sourceforge.net> escribió en el mensaje
news:avu66r$23i3$2 digitaldaemon.com...

| Sorry, I mean delete all files in "\dmd\src\dig".

No change at all. I'd like to know if someone else has the same problems.

Carlos wrote:
 "Burton Radons" <loth users.sourceforge.net> escribió en el mensaje
 news:avu66r$23i3$2 digitaldaemon.com...

 | Sorry, I mean delete all files in "\dmd\src\dig".

 No change at all. I'd like to know if someone else has the same problems.
digglframe.d doesn't exist in this version, so there's definitely a latent installation somewhere.
Jan 13 2003
parent "Carlos" <carlos8294 msn.com> writes:
"Burton Radons" <loth users.sourceforge.net> escribió en el mensaje
news:avuvfd$2nea$1 digitaldaemon.com...
| Carlos wrote:
| > "Burton Radons" <loth users.sourceforge.net> escribió en el mensaje
| > news:avu66r$23i3$2 digitaldaemon.com...
| > |
| > | Sorry, I mean delete all files in "\dmd\src\dig".
| > |

| > No change at all. I'd like to know if someone else has the same
problems.

| digglframe.d doesn't exist in this version, so there's definitely a
| latent installation somewhere.

Well, I had to delete every file in the dig directory, but eventually it
worked. Thanks.

prev sibling next sibling parent reply Burton Radons <loth users.sourceforge.net> writes:
v0.0.9: Only a small semantic change in gridfitting (you need to call
the display method before the control is gridfit - just call it after
creating all your controls or moving them around), updates for DMD 0.54,
and a change to digc to allow it to work with all libraries.

It does this by recording the dependencies when compiling a library in a
central registry, as well as the files within it.  Then it will search
.d files for import statements that match a file in the library, and if
it finds one it adds the library and its dependencies to the command-line.

http://www.opend.org/dig (Website)
http://www.opend.org/dig/arc/dig-0.0.9.zip (Release)
http://www.opend.org/dig/arc/dig_html-0.0.9.zip (Documentation pack)
Feb 15 2003
parent reply Ilya Minkov <ilminkov planet-interkom.de> writes:
Burton Radons wrote:
 v0.0.9: Only a small semantic change in gridfitting (you need to call
 the display method before the control is gridfit - just call it after
 creating all your controls or moving them around), updates for DMD 0.54,
 and a change to digc to allow it to work with all libraries.
Thanks... But the problems remain: - halhello.exe starts, and then silently quits, i guess just before drawing that elemnt at the bottom of the form; - cartoon.exe doesn't show anything at all. - dedit.exe exits when trying to do anything, even drag the window, showing "exception: access violation" for a moment (not waiting to press the button). Can you reproduce the problems or do you need any additional information i could gather? i have dumped the console while installing the package, and found the following: ---8<--- ... Going off and trying examples ... C:\dmd\bin\..\..\dm\bin\link.exe halhello,,,dig.lib+advapi32.lib+comdlg32.lib+gdi32.lib+comctl32.lib+shell32.lib+libpng.lib+diggl.lib+opengl32.lib+user32+kernel32/noi/exet:nt/su:windows; C:\dmd\bin\..\..\dm\bin\link.exe cartoon,,,dig.lib+advapi32.lib+comdlg32.lib+gdi32.lib+comctl32.lib+shell32.lib+libpng.lib+diggl.lib+opengl32.lib+user32+kernel32/noi/exet:nt/su:windows; Error: Access Violation --->8--- -i.
Feb 16 2003
Ilya Minkov wrote:
 Burton Radons wrote:

 v0.0.9: Only a small semantic change in gridfitting (you need to call
 the display method before the control is gridfit - just call it after
 creating all your controls or moving them around), updates for DMD
 0.54, and a change to digc to allow it to work with all libraries.
Thanks... But the problems remain: - halhello.exe starts, and then silently quits, i guess just before drawing that elemnt at the bottom of the form;
Try commenting the "version = ShowGL;" line. If you still have troubles, comment the "version = ShowBrush;" line as well.
  - cartoon.exe doesn't show anything at all.
  - dedit.exe exits when trying to do anything, even drag the window,
 showing "exception: access violation" for a moment (not waiting to press
 the button).

 Can you reproduce the problems or do you need any additional information
 i could gather?
I can't, these are OS version incompatibility problems. The only thing I can get from you is for you to trace out exactly what's causing the problem.
Feb 16 2003
prev sibling next sibling parent reply Burton Radons <loth users.sourceforge.net> writes:
v0.0.10:

- System mouse cursors support.
- version statement support in digc scanning.
- digc defines the WindowsXP version as appropriate.
- digc creates a resource file containing a WindowsXP theme manifest and
links it into programs, giving themes support when appropriate.
- custom-drawn controls can use themes.
- Control.onMouseOver and .onMouseLeft for when the mouse has just
entered and has left the control.  .onMouseMove now gives a delta from
the previous position.
- Timers don't use interrupts anymore.  This might have been the problem
with earlier versions of Windows.
- Scrollbars can now be handled automatically.
- Resizing a window now scales and moves its contents automatically.
- Start of a ListBox control.  Like GroupBox, this is custom-handled so
that I can eventually give it better semantics.
- Andy Friesen contributed a ScintillaText control.

http://www.opend.org/dig (Website)
http://www.opend.org/dig/arc/dig-0.0.10.zip (Release)
http://www.opend.org/dig/arc/dig_html-0.0.10.zip (Documentation pack)
Feb 25 2003
parent "Roberto Mariottini" <rmariottini lycosmail.com> writes:
I have successfully compiled it with DMD 0.58.
I had to resolve some compilation error in digexpressionevaluator.d, where
the compiler stated an ambiguity between pow(double, double) and pow(real,
int) (IIRC), I had to manually add cast(double) to all non-double
expressions passed to pow (curious taht adding a pow(float, float) didn't
resolve the ambiguity).

The examples now somewhat work under Windows 2000.

The only visible problem is that drop-down lists aren't sized correctly,
when open they are the same size than closed. You shoud give a larger size
to the list, it will occupy one line only when closed and the specified size
when opened (always IIRC).

I have one more problem with dedit (other than the lack of a "Save as..."
menuitem) . Opening a project gives an access violation in document.d line
151.
The code is:
 ===============================

~this ()

{

    if (folder !== null)

        folder.remDocument (this);  // <-- here

 ===============================
I don't know why it happens.

Ciao
Mar 05 2003
prev sibling next sibling parent reply Burton Radons <loth users.sourceforge.net> writes:
v0.0.11:

- Tweaks.  \dmd\src is now put in the search path by digc.  digc handles
directories in files properly.  "-windowed" instead of "-w" for digc.
libpng is now loaded on demand.  I'm taking out overlapping symbols
between digwindows.d and windows.d.

http://www.opend.org/dig (Website)
http://www.opend.org/dig/arc/dig-0.0.11.zip (Release)
http://www.opend.org/dig/arc/dig_html-0.0.11.zip (Documentation pack)

I know, this is an odd kind of release, it'll make sense in a couple
minutes.
Mar 14 2003
next sibling parent reply Burton Radons <loth users.sourceforge.net> writes:
I've updated the archive.  The main changes are in digc.  It behaves
closer to spec and adds a "-shared" option for when compiling libraries
with "-lib=".  When that option is given, a DLL file is created as well
as the import library for it.  The DLL exports all public symbols
(generating a def and scanning the object files) and doesn't need a DllMain.

A utility called dstripcopy has been added as well, which removes
comments and function bodies from D files and then copies it to the
destination.  The cartoon example compiles 59% faster when using
stripped dig headers.  This is actually the first stage of a two-stage
plan - I plan to stick the stripped headers in lib files so that there's
only one binary to install.

Oh, and I'm now using a makefile instead of go.bat.

http://www.opend.org/dig/arc/dig-0.0.11.zip (Release)
Mar 17 2003
parent reply Ilya Minkov <midiclub tiscali.de> writes:
Burton Radons wrote:
 I've updated the archive.  The main changes are in digc.  It behaves
  closer to spec and adds a "-shared" option for when compiling
 libraries with "-lib=".  When that option is given, a DLL file is
 created as well as the import library for it.  The DLL exports all
 public symbols (generating a def and scanning the object files) and
 doesn't need a DllMain.
Thanks a lot!
 A utility called dstripcopy has been added as well, which removes
 comments and function bodies from D files and then copies it to the
 destination.  The cartoon example compiles 59% faster when using
 stripped dig headers.  This is actually the first stage of a
 two-stage plan - I plan to stick the stripped headers in lib files so
 that there's only one binary to install.
Great! But shouldn't the compiler care about saving this information in a suitable format together with additional information which has been figured out while compiling? Besides, tiny functions are better off not stripped since they could be inlined? This all is better off being saved in some parsed form, which a compiler could use almost directly.
 Oh, and I'm now using a makefile instead of go.bat.

 http://www.opend.org/dig/arc/dig-0.0.11.zip (Release)
Thanks again!
Mar 17 2003
Ilya Minkov wrote:
 Burton Radons wrote:
  > I've updated the archive.  The main changes are in digc.  It behaves
  >  closer to spec and adds a "-shared" option for when compiling
  > libraries with "-lib=".  When that option is given, a DLL file is
  > created as well as the import library for it.  The DLL exports all
  > public symbols (generating a def and scanning the object files) and
  > doesn't need a DllMain.

 Thanks a lot!
Err, you're welcome, but I didn't make any changes for you. In which thread did you recommend something along these lines?
  > A utility called dstripcopy has been added as well, which removes
  > comments and function bodies from D files and then copies it to the
  > destination.  The cartoon example compiles 59% faster when using
  > stripped dig headers.  This is actually the first stage of a
  > two-stage plan - I plan to stick the stripped headers in lib files so
  > that there's only one binary to install.

 Great! But shouldn't the compiler care about saving this information in
 a suitable format together with additional information which has been
 figured out while compiling? Besides, tiny functions are better off not
 stripped since they could be inlined? This all is better off being saved
 in some parsed form, which a compiler could use almost directly.
An option to avoid stripping small final functions is in the future - it's really just an argument, comparison, and some context introspection away. I think this should migrate into the compiler in the future, but it's good for the interface to be proven in tools first. They're more flexible.
Mar 18 2003
prev sibling parent reply Burton Radons <loth users.sourceforge.net> writes:
Another update to the archive.  Two changes, both for digc.

Easy one: a -install option has been added to digc that puts executables
it creates in \dmd\bin, libraries in \dmd\lib, and DLLs in
\windows\system32 or wherever the OS specifies.

Secondly: the stripped sources are now stuck on the end of created
library files.  When it finds that dependent libraries have been loaded,
it creates these files to act as an interface definition.  The upshot is
that you don't need to install anything in \dmd\src, all the necessary
information is in the library.  The library directory is automatically
maintained, so a binary with just a .lib file would be enough in a
distribution.  The downshot is that it slows down compilation, but not
terribly so.

I had to depend on a couple more command.com commands, and I'm not sure
these switches are available on all versions of Windows.  I'll get
started on an OS module for doing these kinds of operations directly.

next sibling parent reply "Carlos Santander B." <carlos8294 msn.com> writes:
"Burton Radons" <loth users.sourceforge.net> escribió en el mensaje
news:b57hdc$tfc$1 digitaldaemon.com...
| Another update to the archive.  Two changes, both for digc.
|
| Easy one: a -install option has been added to digc that puts executables
| it creates in \dmd\bin, libraries in \dmd\lib, and DLLs in
| \windows\system32 or wherever the OS specifies.
|
| Secondly: the stripped sources are now stuck on the end of created
| library files.  When it finds that dependent libraries have been loaded,
| it creates these files to act as an interface definition.  The upshot is
| that you don't need to install anything in \dmd\src, all the necessary
| information is in the library.  The library directory is automatically
| maintained, so a binary with just a .lib file would be enough in a
| distribution.  The downshot is that it slows down compilation, but not
| terribly so.
|
| I had to depend on a couple more command.com commands, and I'm not sure
| these switches are available on all versions of Windows.  I'll get
| started on an OS module for doing these kinds of operations directly.
|
| http://www.opend.org/dig/arc/dig-0.0.11.zip (Release)

In dedit, when I press a key, it exits with an Access Violation.

-------------------------
Carlos Santander
"Burton Radons" <loth users.sourceforge.net> escribió en el mensaje
news:b57hdc$tfc$1 digitaldaemon.com...
| Another update to the archive.  Two changes, both for digc.
|
| Easy one: a -install option has been added to digc that puts executables
| it creates in \dmd\bin, libraries in \dmd\lib, and DLLs in
| \windows\system32 or wherever the OS specifies.
|
| Secondly: the stripped sources are now stuck on the end of created
| library files.  When it finds that dependent libraries have been loaded,
| it creates these files to act as an interface definition.  The upshot is
| that you don't need to install anything in \dmd\src, all the necessary
| information is in the library.  The library directory is automatically
| maintained, so a binary with just a .lib file would be enough in a
| distribution.  The downshot is that it slows down compilation, but not
| terribly so.
|
| I had to depend on a couple more command.com commands, and I'm not sure
| these switches are available on all versions of Windows.  I'll get
| started on an OS module for doing these kinds of operations directly.
|
| http://www.opend.org/dig/arc/dig-0.0.11.zip (Release)

In dedit, when I press a key, it exits with an Access Violation.

-------------------------
Carlos Santander
Mar 19 2003
parent "Luna Kid" <lunakid neuropolis.org> writes:
 | http://www.opend.org/dig/arc/dig-0.0.11.zip (Release)

 In dedit, when I press a key, it exits with an Access Violation.
Me too. Found the fix since then? Cheers, Sab
Apr 06 2003
prev sibling next sibling parent reply "Luna Kid" <lunakid neuropolis.org> writes:
 Secondly: the stripped sources are now stuck on the end of created
 library files.  When it finds that dependent libraries have been loaded,
 it creates these files to act as an interface definition.  The upshot is
 that you don't need to install anything in \dmd\src, all the necessary
 information is in the library.  The library directory is automatically
 maintained, so a binary with just a .lib file would be enough in a
 distribution.  The downshot is that it slows down compilation, but not
 terribly so.
Hehh, cool. I was thinking about the same idea lately, but could not decide if I'd like it or not. The main (another...) downside to me was the fact that I'd need the interface code in a readable form _anyway_. Sab
Apr 06 2003
parent "Luna Kid" <lunakid neuropolis.org> writes:
"Luna Kid" <lunakid neuropolis.org> wrote in message
news:b6psbq$4mt$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Secondly: the stripped sources are now stuck on the end of created
 library files.  When it finds that dependent libraries have been loaded,
 it creates these files to act as an interface definition.  The upshot is
 that you don't need to install anything in \dmd\src, all the necessary
 information is in the library.  The library directory is automatically
 maintained, so a binary with just a .lib file would be enough in a
 distribution.  The downshot is that it slows down compilation, but not
 terribly so.
Hehh, cool. I was thinking about the same idea lately, but could not decide if I'd like it or not. The main (another...) downside to me was the fact that I'd need the interface code in a readable form _anyway_.
(I mean for development. For redistribution, this embedding is the perfect solution.) Sab
Apr 06 2003
prev sibling parent "Carlos Santander B." <carlos8294 msn.com> writes:
There's a bug in dig. If I create a frame only with a menu, the menu doesn't
show up until I press Alt. However, if I put another control in the frame,
the menu appears.

May 10 2003
prev sibling parent reply Burton Radons <loth users.sourceforge.net> writes:
v0.0.12: Uh, see changelog.  No time with the ICFP.

http://www.opend.org/dig (Website)
http://www.opend.org/dig/arc/dig-0.0.12.zip (Release)
http://www.opend.org/dig/arc/dig_html-0.0.12.zip (Documentation pack)
Jun 27 2003
next sibling parent reply "Andrew Edwards" <edwardsac spamfreeusa.com> writes:
error encountered during compilation/installation:

halhello

--- errorlevel 100

--- errorlevel 100
Jun 27 2003
parent Burton Radons <loth users.sourceforge.net> writes:
Use "make install" and don't run "go.bat".  The build instructions are
outdated, as is the file.
Jul 01 2003
prev sibling parent "Carlos Santander B." <carlos8294 msn.com> writes:
"Burton Radons" <loth users.sourceforge.net> escribió en el mensaje
news:bdj3fl$2qg0$1 digitaldaemon.com...
| v0.0.12: Uh, see changelog.  No time with the ICFP.
|
| http://www.opend.org/dig (Website)
| http://www.opend.org/dig/arc/dig-0.0.12.zip (Release)
| http://www.opend.org/dig/arc/dig_html-0.0.12.zip (Documentation pack)

The only way I could install dig was under a completely new dmd
installation. Obviously, when I tried to move it to where my real dmd is, it
didn't work. I know this has happened since... mmm... a long time ago, but
it's just a PITA, at least for me.