D - Can not rebuild phobos lib.

reply "Mike Wynn" <mike.wynn l8night.co.uk> writes:
Please,
can the default phobos lib be build without unittests, (or at least the
default drt0 no call the unit tests)
it incredable frustation to have to rebuild phobos just to use streams.

however the current phobos makefile complains :

  Error: don't know how to make 'gc2\dmgc.lib'

and no manner of fiddleing about seems to change its mind (tried prefixing
gc2\... to all the gc obj's/src/lib etc)
Oct 22 2002
next sibling parent reply "Andrew Edwards" <crxace13 comcast.net> writes:
Why should that even be necessary?  The assertion that
file.writeLine("Testing stream.d:"); on line 1150 of stream.d would write
18 characters to the file is an incorrect one.  We all know it will only
write 17 characters.  I'm sure Pavel wouldn't mind doing a search and
replace to fix this simple problem prior to the next release.

Regards,
Andrew

"Mike Wynn" <mike.wynn l8night.co.uk> wrote in message
news:ap3ct3$jt3$1 digitaldaemon.com...
| Please,
| can the default phobos lib be build without unittests, (or at least the
| default drt0 no call the unit tests)
| it incredable frustation to have to rebuild phobos just to use streams.
|
| however the current phobos makefile complains :
|
|   Error: don't know how to make 'gc2\dmgc.lib'
|
| and no manner of fiddleing about seems to change its mind (tried
prefixing
| gc2\... to all the gc obj's/src/lib etc)

Oct 22 2002
parent "Mike Wynn" <mike.wynn l8night.co.uk> writes:
"Andrew Edwards" <crxace13 comcast.net> wrote in message
news:ap3dt1$kp0$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Why should that even be necessary?  The assertion that
 file.writeLine("Testing stream.d:"); on line 1150 of stream.d would write
 18 characters to the file is an incorrect one.  We all know it will only
 write 17 characters.  I'm sure Pavel wouldn't mind doing a search and
 replace to fix this simple problem prior to the next release.
it writes 18 on unix and 19 on win32 writeLine adds EOL, '\n' unix, '\r\n' win32 (and '\r' Mac commented out)
 Regards,
 Andrew

 "Mike Wynn" <mike.wynn l8night.co.uk> wrote in message
 news:ap3ct3$jt3$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 | Please,
 | can the default phobos lib be build without unittests, (or at least the
 | default drt0 no call the unit tests)
 | it incredable frustation to have to rebuild phobos just to use streams.
 |
 | however the current phobos makefile complains :
 |
 |   Error: don't know how to make 'gc2\dmgc.lib'
 |
 | and no manner of fiddleing about seems to change its mind (tried
 prefixing
 | gc2\... to all the gc obj's/src/lib etc)

Oct 22 2002
Switch into the gc2 subdirectory and 'make' there, that should build
gc2\dmgc.lib.

parent reply Evan McClanahan <evan dontSPAMaltarinteractive.com> writes:
Walter wrote:
 Switch into the gc2 subdirectory and 'make' there, that should build
 gc2\dmgc.lib.

 "Mike Wynn" <mike.wynn l8night.co.uk> wrote in message
 news:ap3ct3$jt3$1 digitaldaemon.com...

Please,
can the default phobos lib be build without unittests, (or at least the
default drt0 no call the unit tests)
it incredable frustation to have to rebuild phobos just to use streams.

however the current phobos makefile complains :

  Error: don't know how to make 'gc2\dmgc.lib'

and no manner of fiddleing about seems to change its mind (tried prefixing
gc2\... to all the gc obj's/src/lib etc)
Another thing... when you do a make clean, it gets rid of minit.obj, which hoses the whole thing in terms of doing a clean make, since it wants something (masm386) that isn't there by default on windows systems. Hosed me, at least, when I was trying to rebuild a release version. I'm gonna try and hack the makefile for one step rebuilds in my environment (i.e. make release, make debug) for phobos, but there's nothing that I can do about that one. Maybe minit.obj should be protected by the makefile? or masm368 should be distributed along with the other apps? Evan
Nov 16 2002
"Evan McClanahan" <evan dontSPAMaltarinteractive.com> wrote in message
news:ar5oe7$16dn$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Another thing...  when you do a make clean, it gets rid of minit.obj,
 which hoses the whole thing in terms of doing a clean make, since it
 wants something (masm386) that isn't there by default on windows
 systems.  Hosed me, at least, when I was trying to rebuild a release
 version.  I'm gonna try and hack the makefile for one step rebuilds in
 my environment (i.e. make release, make debug) for phobos, but there's
 nothing that I can do about that one. Maybe minit.obj should be
 protected by the makefile?  or masm368 should be distributed along with
 the other apps?
I can't redistribute masm386. I should see about protecting it in the makefile.
Nov 17 2002