D - What's the dmd option equivalent to -WA in dmc?

reply "Dario" <supdar yahoo.com> writes:
Is there that option?
If not how can I create programs that don't open a dos window?

Pavel Minayev, what about WinD? Are you still working on it?
Oct 15 2002
The -WA isn't really necessary with Win32 C programs. You just need a
winmain.

"Dario" <supdar yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:aohl5q$d0g$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Is there that option?
 If not how can I create programs that don't open a dos window?

 Pavel Minayev, what about WinD? Are you still working on it?
Oct 20 2002
parent reply "Mike Wynn" <mike.wynn l8night.co.uk> writes:
I've tried, linking a C object with a winmain, or putting a D
extern(Windows) winmain
neither stopped a new console being created when I double clicked on the
final exe in explorer

can you explain the actual process to create a gui D exe or is this not
possible ?

Mike.

news:aotqao$v7d$2 digitaldaemon.com...
 The -WA isn't really necessary with Win32 C programs. You just need a
 winmain.

 "Dario" <supdar yahoo.com> wrote in message
 news:aohl5q$d0g$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Is there that option?
 If not how can I create programs that don't open a dos window?

 Pavel Minayev, what about WinD? Are you still working on it?
Oct 20 2002
How far did you get with \dmd\samples\d\winsamp.d ?

"Mike Wynn" <mike.wynn l8night.co.uk> wrote in message
news:aou4l1$18r5$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 I've tried, linking a C object with a winmain, or putting a D
 extern(Windows) winmain
 neither stopped a new console being created when I double clicked on the
 final exe in explorer

 can you explain the actual process to create a gui D exe or is this not
 possible ?

 Mike.

 news:aotqao$v7d$2 digitaldaemon.com...
 The -WA isn't really necessary with Win32 C programs. You just need a
 winmain.

 "Dario" <supdar yahoo.com> wrote in message
 news:aohl5q$d0g$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Is there that option?
 If not how can I create programs that don't open a dos window?

 Pavel Minayev, what about WinD? Are you still working on it?
Oct 21 2002
parent reply "Mike Wynn" <mike.wynn l8night.co.uk> writes:
as it stands,
dmd winsamp.d  will not compile,
(having bodged that) [FALSE replaced with 0, HINST replaced with HANDLE,
default switch ... default: break; ]

dmd winsamp.d gdi32.lib user32.lib

works, BUT, if you double click on the exe in explorer (Win2K) you get a new
console too.
it is the new console that I do not want.

Mike.

news:ap0ejq$g4k$2 digitaldaemon.com...
[...]

next sibling parent "Walter" <walter digitalmars.com> writes:
Ok, I'll check it out.

"Mike Wynn" <mike.wynn l8night.co.uk> wrote in message
news:ap0s9b$ucl$1 digitaldaemon.com...
[...]

This should work now in 0.46. -Walter

[...]

Oct 22 2002
parent reply "Mike Wynn" <mike.wynn l8night.co.uk> writes:
Yup, it builds, and catched the access violation, which is great,

BUT, may be its Win2K, but I still get a new console when I double click on
winsamp.exe in explorer
(built using `dmd winsamp.d user32.lib gdi32.lib`)

[dmd v0.46]

news:ap3tco$29u2$2 digitaldaemon.com...

parent reply Burton Radons <loth users.sourceforge.net> writes:
Mike Wynn wrote:
 Yup, it builds, and catched the access violation, which is great,

 BUT, may be its Win2K, but I still get a new console when I double click on
 winsamp.exe in explorer
 (built using `dmd winsamp.d user32.lib gdi32.lib`)
"dmd winsamp.d user32.lib gdi32.lib winsamp.def" instead.
Oct 22 2002
parent "Mike Wynn" <mike.wynn l8night.co.uk> writes:
fantastic, cheers,
the last time I used def files was win3.1 dev, I kind of forgot about them!

"Burton Radons" <loth users.sourceforge.net> wrote in message
news:ap4f6u$2le8$1 digitaldaemon.com...