D - Helping out.

reply Evan McClanahan <Evan_member pathlink.com> writes:
What would be the best way for a programmer with little to no compiler
experience to help out with this project?  Develop non-trivial applications and
then submit compiler bugs?  If so, is there some public bug database that I
could submit them to, or is this list the place for the time being?  I've read
the spec and the whole deal looks quite nice.  I'd like to be able to do
something, but I fear that I don't have the proper skills to do any real low
level compiler hacking.  In any case, keep up the good work.

Evan
"Evan McClanahan" <Evan_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:amns3k$2sed$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 What would be the best way for a programmer with little to no compiler
 experience to help out with this project?  Develop non-trivial
applications and
 then submit compiler bugs?
Yes!
  If so, is there some public bug database that I
 could submit them to, or is this list the place for the time being?
Post them here or email them to me.
  I've read
 the spec and the whole deal looks quite nice.  I'd like to be able to do
 something, but I fear that I don't have the proper skills to do any real
low
 level compiler hacking.  In any case, keep up the good work.
What also helps a lot is to put up a personal web page about D and mention D in topical newsgroup posts. The more D has a presence on the internet, the more 'real' it will be and the more it will increase the comfort level of adopters.
Sep 23 2002