D - Bug or syntax error: struct definitions in anonymous struct/union?

reply Russ Lewis <spamhole-2001-07-16 deming-os.org> writes:
I have been converting my program, which previously used unnamed types,
to use only named struct types.  However, you can't do that inside an
anonymous struct or union:

    union {    // anonymous
        struct _a { ... }
        _a a;    // syntax error, "identifier '_a'  is not defined"
    }

I have to hackishly move the struct definition out of the union:
    struct _a { ... }
    union {
        _a a;
    }

Maybe we need a new keyword for "unnamed struct variable" that can work
more like the old C++ style?

--
The Villagers are Online! villagersonline.com

.[ (the fox.(quick,brown)) jumped.over(the dog.lazy) ]
.[ (a version.of(English).(precise.more)) is(possible) ]
?[ you want.to(help(develop(it))) ]
It looks like a compiler bug. -Walter

[...]

Sep 22 2002