D - invariant

reply "Carlos" <carlos8294 msn.com> writes:
This should raise an exception, right?

class A {
  int a;
  invariant {
    assert(a>0);

void main()
{
  A b;
  b=new A();
  b.a=-2;
}

Besides, if I declare a as private, it still works. Why?
Aug 20 2002
"Carlos" <carlos8294 msn.com> wrote in message
news:aju78e$1r1o$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 This should raise an exception, right?
No, the invariant only gets called when a public member function gets called, and after the constructor gets called. There is no constructor declared for A. If you do declare one like: this() { } then the assert will trip.
 class A {
   int a;
   invariant {
     assert(a>0);

 void main()
 {
   A b;
   b=new A();
   b.a=-2;
 }

 Besides, if I declare a as private, it still works. Why?
Because main() is in the same module as class A, so they are 'friends'. If A is put into a separate module, then you'll get the access violation.
Aug 20 2002
parent "Carlos" <carlos8294 msn.com> writes:
Ok. Thanks.

"Walter" <walter digitalmars.com> escribió en el mensaje
news:ajv52t$2prk$1 digitaldaemon.com...
[...]

Aug 21 2002