D - Some errors

reply Juarez Rudsatz <juarez correio.com> writes:
D people :

I have found some errors during a simple program coding.
I dont know if are errors or misunderstanding, but you could evaluate and
give a final word.
The error are in the nexts post in this thread.

Juarez Rudsatz
Jul 08 2002
next sibling parent reply Juarez Rudsatz <juarez correio.com> writes:
module erro1;

import c.stdio;

void main(){

	// First error : comparing strings with slices
	char[]	s = '1234';

	printf(s[0..3] ~ \n);

	if ('124' == s[0..3])
		printf('Test 1');
	else
	if ('123' == s[0..3])
		printf('Test 2');
	else
	if ('124' === s[0..3])
		printf('Test 3');
	else
	if ('123' === s[0..3])
		printf('Test 4');
	else
		printf('Failed');

	// second error : constant string permited in if

	if ('value')
		printf(\n'Test 5'\n);

	// next error : semicollon list permited in if
	if ('value' , s[1..2], 987)
		printf('Test 6'\n);

	// Last error : switch with no case allowed
	switch(s){
		default:

Jul 08 2002
Thanks for posting these. I need to evaluate them. -Walter

"Juarez Rudsatz" <juarez correio.com> wrote in message
news:Xns9245878B789B2juarezcom 63.105.9.61...
[...]

Jul 11 2002
prev sibling next sibling parent reply Juarez Rudsatz <juarez correio.com> writes:
module error2;

import c.stdio;

void main()
{

// -> D outputs strings in ASCII codepage and not ANSI on windows

	printf("Portuguese special chars : áàãâéèêíóõôú" ~\n);

// D outputs \n not as \n\r in Windows

printf("Execute this program and redirect to a file:\n error >
output.txt");

}
Jul 08 2002
next sibling parent "Walter" <walter digitalmars.com> writes:
"Juarez Rudsatz" <juarez correio.com> wrote in message
news:Xns924587ABC5488juarezcom 63.105.9.61...
 module error2;

 import c.stdio;

 void main()
 {

 // -> D outputs strings in ASCII codepage and not ANSI on windows

 printf("Portuguese special chars : áàãâéèêíóõôú" ~\n);

 // D outputs \n not as \n\r in Windows

 printf("Execute this program and redirect to a file:\n error >
 output.txt");

 }
Jul 11 2002
"Juarez Rudsatz" <juarez correio.com> wrote in message
news:Xns924587ABC5488juarezcom 63.105.9.61...
 module error2;

 import c.stdio;

 void main()
 {

 // -> D outputs strings in ASCII codepage and not ANSI on windows
All it does is output to C's stdout.
 printf("Portuguese special chars : áàãâéèêíóõôú" ~\n);

 // D outputs \n not as \n\r in Windows
It should output \r\n.
 printf("Execute this program and redirect to a file:\n error >
 output.txt");

 }
Jul 11 2002
prev sibling next sibling parent Juarez Rudsatz <juarez correio.com> writes:
module error3;

import c.stdio;

void main()
{
// Bug on sorting strings

	char[][] string;

	string.length = 2;

	string[1] = 'cba';

	string[0] = 'zyx';

	// This sorts the strings
	string.sort;

	// This will crash the compiler
	string[0].sort;

	// This will give sintax error
	//string[0].sort();

	printf(string[0]);
	printf(string[1]);

}
Jul 08 2002
prev sibling next sibling parent reply Juarez Rudsatz <juarez correio.com> writes:
module error4;

class Xyz
{
	private void SetParam(char[] option)
	{
		// no call for SetParam must be a error ?

void main()

Jul 08 2002
It would be dead code. I suppose it could be considered an error, but it
might be rather annoying because code under development frequently has
functions never called, etc.

"Juarez Rudsatz" <juarez correio.com> wrote in message
news:Xns924587E2E7E7Ejuarezcom 63.105.9.61...
 module error4;

 class Xyz
 {
 private void SetParam(char[] option)
 {
 // no call for SetParam must be a error ?

 void main()

Jul 19 2002
prev sibling next sibling parent Juarez Rudsatz <juarez correio.com> writes:
module error5;

char[] returnSameString(char[] inputstr)
{
	return inputstr;
}

// This gives a error
char[] passString()
{
	return returnSameString('First string' ~ "Concatenated with second");
}

char[] butThisWorks()
{
	char[] s = 'First string';
	s = s ~ "Concatenated with second";
	return returnSameString(s);
}

main()

Jul 08 2002
prev sibling next sibling parent reply Juarez Rudsatz <juarez correio.com> writes:
module error12345;

// The module stament could be ommited or wrong typed.
// Is this right ?

void main()

Jul 08 2002
next sibling parent "Walter" <walter digitalmars.com> writes:
Yes, it's valid code.

"Juarez Rudsatz" <juarez correio.com> wrote in message
news:Xns9245882B11F8Bjuarezcom 63.105.9.61...
 module error12345;

 // The module stament could be ommited or wrong typed.
 // Is this right ?

 void main()

Jul 24 2002
prev sibling parent reply Pavel Minayev <evilone omen.ru> writes:
On Mon, 8 Jul 2002 16:19:30 +0000 (UTC) Juarez Rudsatz <juarez correio.com>