D - throw

reply "Pavel Minayev" <evilone omen.ru> writes:
Why doesn't D allow throw statement without arguments? In C++ it rethrows
the exception being processed, what's bad in it?
"Pavel Minayev" <evilone omen.ru> wrote in message
news:a6mlkb$1ada$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Why doesn't D allow throw statement without arguments? In C++ it rethrows
 the exception being processed, what's bad in it?
I just didn't think that added much of anything.
Mar 12 2002
parent reply "Pavel Minayev" <evilone omen.ru> writes:
news:a6n1po$1fp3$1 digitaldaemon.com...

 I just didn't think that added much of anything.
Why? A very convenient feature. Besides, it allows to omit argument name in catch blocks: try { ... } catch (OutOfMemory) { // do something useful here throw; }
Mar 13 2002
 I just didn't think that added much of anything.
Why? A very convenient feature. Besides, it allows to omit argument name in catch blocks: try { ... } catch (OutOfMemory) { // do something useful here throw; }
It's also useful for reporting errors of unrecognized exceptions: try { ... } catch(...) { printf("error in myfunc(): "); throw; }; -- The Villagers are Online! villagersonline.com .[ (the fox.(quick,brown)) jumped.over(the dog.lazy) ] .[ (a version.of(English).(precise.more)) is(possible) ] ?[ you want.to(help(develop(it))) ]
 I just didn't think that added much of anything.
Why? A very convenient feature. Besides, it allows to omit argument name in catch blocks: try { ... } catch (OutOfMemory) { // do something useful here throw; }
It's also useful for reporting errors of unrecognized exceptions: try { ... } catch(...) { printf("error in myfunc(): "); throw; };
Just use: catch(Object o) { ... throw o; }
Mar 13 2002
parent "Pavel Minayev" <evilone omen.ru> writes:
news:a6o83v$208d$1 digitaldaemon.com...

 Just use:
     catch(Object o)
         throw o;
     }
Yes, I remember that only objects can be thrown in D. Yet, "throw;" seems to be a convenient feature to me. Something that can be accomplished by other means, but just makes your life a bit easier.
Mar 13 2002