D - Experience porting to D

reply John Fletcher <J.P.Fletcher aston.ac.uk> writes:
I set out last night to port code to D for the first time.  The code
concerned is a sort code which is passed an array of values and an array
of pointers and uses its own arrays internally.

I had to rewrite the definitions of the arrays to be dynamic and find
out about setting the size of the arrays.  After that the code worked
unchanged.

This particular code has a history. It started in FORTRAN in about 1988
and I translated it to C using FOR_C.  Then I made it into a C++ class,
and now it is in D.

I need to tidy it up a bit more, but will then contribute it.
Incidentally, is there a contribution section somewhere?

John
Feb 08 2002
next sibling parent "Pavel Minayev" <evilone omen.ru> writes:
"John Fletcher" <J.P.Fletcher aston.ac.uk> wrote in message
news:3C63C3F6.565349E aston.ac.uk...

 I need to tidy it up a bit more, but will then contribute it.
 Incidentally, is there a contribution section somewhere?
Not yet. But I believe it's time to have one, either provider by DM, or the community...
I'll have to ask Jan, who runs the web site. -Walter