D - Windows Sockets 2 API translated to D

reply "Pavel Minayev" <evilone omen.ru> writes:
Everybody interested can grab it here:
http://www16.brinkster.com/evilone666/

Contains the winsock2.h completely (well, almost =)) translated
to D module, including macroses. Also there are two simple socket
programs written in D using this module - HTTP client and
TCP/UDP daytime server.

More to follow...

Oh yes, many thanks to Walter for support! =)
Jan 02 2002
parent reply Russell Borogove <kaleja estarcion.com> writes:
Pavel Minayev wrote:

 Everybody interested can grab it here:
 http://www16.brinkster.com/evilone666/

 Contains the winsock2.h completely (well, almost =)) translated
 to D module, including macroses. Also there are two simple socket
 programs written in D using this module - HTTP client and
 TCP/UDP daytime server.
Most excellent. This may be enough incentive to get me to start playing with the compiler. -R
Jan 02 2002
parent reply "Pavel Minayev" <evilone omen.ru> writes:
"Russell Borogove" <kaleja estarcion.com> wrote in message
news:3C33509E.20103 estarcion.com...

 Most excellent. This may be enough incentive to get me
 to start playing with the compiler.
Will it be even more incentive if I say that I've almost completed the translation of core WinAPI headers (all stuff that resides in kernel32, user32 and gdi32, plus all macroses in the appropriate files)? Actually, it's ready, but there were some conflicts with Phobos so till we settle it with Walter I'll hold them in. =) Oh yes, OpenGL is not so far as well =)
Jan 02 2002
parent Russell Borogove <kaleja estarcion.com> writes:
Pavel Minayev wrote:

 "Russell Borogove" <kaleja estarcion.com> wrote in message
 news:3C33509E.20103 estarcion.com...

Most excellent. This may be enough incentive to get me
to start playing with the compiler.
Will it be even more incentive if I say that I've almost completed the translation of core WinAPI headers (all stuff that resides in kernel32, user32 and gdi32, plus all macroses in the appropriate files)? Actually, it's ready, but there were some conflicts with Phobos so till we settle it with Walter I'll hold them in. =)
...mmm yes.

 Oh yes, OpenGL is not so far as well =)

...be still my heart! In other news, I gave two weeks notice at my job today. Nothing else lined up immediately (but a promising interview on Friday), and a wife who makes more money than I do, so no horrible time pressure to get back to work (the sooner I go back to work, the sooner we can buy a house, is all). Thus, some free time, in which I may be able to get some D experimentation in. It's on the list just above playing Counter-Strike and just below making music and making programs to make music. :) -RB
Jan 02 2002