D - Just a few words from a new D fan :-)

reply "QUS" <qus go2.pl> writes:
Finally -

After months of thinking about something better than C++, without
*.h/#include hell, with "calmed-down" ;-) pointers and with design by
contract, after trying some nice languages, that were missing overloading or
templates, when I almost gave up... there I found D - just by accident! And
to make this post short:

THIS IS THE LANGUAGE OF MY DREAMS :-)

So Walter, do please keep the good work, and allocate all your resources to
D. :-)

And the people on the list - spread the word, so other desperate programmers
like me know they are not alone... And that there exists the ultimate
language!

Cheers,

QUS
Aug 06 2003
next sibling parent reply "Matthew Wilson" <dmd synesis.com.au> writes:
"QUS" <qus go2.pl> wrote in message news:bgqs4c$ldk$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Finally -

 After months of thinking about something better than C++, without
 *.h/#include hell, with "calmed-down" ;-) pointers and with design by
 contract, after trying some nice languages, that were missing overloading
or
 templates, when I almost gave up... there I found D - just by accident!
And
 to make this post short:

 THIS IS THE LANGUAGE OF MY DREAMS :-)
It's getting pretty close, though it's still not there yet. Templates and modules are the areas still needing significant attention.
 So Walter, do please keep the good work, and allocate all your resources
 D. :-)

 And the people on the list - spread the word, so other desperate
programmers
 like me know they are not alone... And that there exists the ultimate
 language!
We're trying. :)
 Cheers,

 QUS
Aug 06 2003
parent "Mike Wynn" <mike.wynn l8night.co.uk> writes:
 THIS IS THE LANGUAGE OF MY DREAMS :-)
It's getting pretty close, though it's still not there yet. Templates and modules are the areas still needing significant attention.
 So Walter, do please keep the good work, and allocate all your resources
 D. :-)
I think the reverse ordering of arrays declares should be fully reversed to avoid confusion for Java programmers. int[4][5] b; should be [5][4]int; so the as you can use the indexes b[0..4][0..3]; of course this effects * too :( which I gues would have to be reversed too *int ip; // pointer to int *[4]*[5]*int pp; // pointer to and array of 4 pointers to array of 5 pointers to ints again I would vote of a 'var' or 'my' keyword to releave parser preasure to allows this; var * int p; // instead of int * p; this also makes int * a,b; into `var *int a,b;` which to me is more readable that a and b are the same (pointers to int). imho, if you are going to change something make it as disimilar as pos from other langs to avoid confusion, especially as I know very few ppl who program in only one language now.
Aug 07 2003
"QUS" <qus go2.pl> wrote in message news:bgqs4c$ldk$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Finally -

 After months of thinking about something better than C++, without
 *.h/#include hell, with "calmed-down" ;-) pointers and with design by
 contract, after trying some nice languages, that were missing overloading
or
 templates, when I almost gave up... there I found D - just by accident!
And
 to make this post short:

 THIS IS THE LANGUAGE OF MY DREAMS :-)
Mine too! I'm glad you found us.
 So Walter, do please keep the good work, and allocate all your resources
 D. :-)
It's the enthusiasm of the D user community here that keeps me going.
 And the people on the list - spread the word, so other desperate
programmers
 like me know they are not alone... And that there exists the ultimate
 language!
Do you have a web site? What helps a lot is if you set up a D web page on it.
Aug 06 2003