www.digitalmars.com         C & C++   DMDScript  

digitalmars.D - vlang and systemverilog

reply Jay Norwood <jayn prismnet.com> writes:
The vlang project, which is D code that has been discussed here 
previously, now appears to have some relationship with 
systemverilog.  Was there an announcement here?

http://systemverilog.net/getting-started/installing-vlang/
Apr 10
parent reply Joakim <dlang joakim.fea.st> writes:
On Monday, 10 April 2017 at 19:46:23 UTC, Jay Norwood wrote:
 The vlang project, which is D code that has been discussed here 
 previously, now appears to have some relationship with 
 systemverilog.  Was there an announcement here?

 http://systemverilog.net/getting-started/installing-vlang/
Why is that notable? That's not any kind of official SystemVerilog site, and it notes that it's maintained by Coverify, the developers of vlang.
Apr 10
parent reply Jay Norwood <jayn prismnet.com> writes:
On Monday, 10 April 2017 at 20:34:53 UTC, Joakim wrote:

 Why is that notable?  That's not any kind of official 
 SystemVerilog site, and it notes that it's maintained by 
 Coverify, the developers of vlang.
oh, I see. I thought SystemVerilog was a trademarked name.
Apr 10
parent Liam McSherry <mcsherry.liam gmail.com> writes:
On Tuesday, 11 April 2017 at 01:06:53 UTC, Jay Norwood wrote:
 On Monday, 10 April 2017 at 20:34:53 UTC, Joakim wrote:

 oh, I see.  I thought SystemVerilog was a trademarked name.
It isn't any more[1], but even if it was that wouldn't stop someone registering the domain name unless the trademark holder complained. [1]: Apparently Accellera (involved in making the standard) registered (in 2003) but abandoned (in 2004) a 'SystemVerilog' trademark.
Apr 11