www.digitalmars.com         C & C++   DMDScript  

digitalmars.D - std.uuid vote results - accepted!

reply Dmitry Olshansky <dmitry.olsh gmail.com> writes:
The voting is over, and, not surprising, std.uuid is accepted for 
inclusion into Phobos with 10 "yes" vs 0 "no" votes total.

Congratulations, Johannes! Time to roll up pull request ;)

Votes counted as YES:
	1. Alex Rønne Petersen
	2. John Chapman
	3. Jesse Phillips
	4. Jonathan M Davis
	5. Jonas Drewsen
	6. Mike Wey
	7. Me
	8. Masahiro Nakagawa
	9. David Nadlinger (on condition of fixing  trusted)
	10. Bernard Helyer

P.S. I'm glad we did it. Any new candidates?
Let's keep reviews going, as I recall there were some crowding in review 
queue already.

-- 
Dmitry Olshansky
Jun 26 2012
next sibling parent reply Jens Mueller <jens.k.mueller gmx.de> writes:
Dmitry Olshansky wrote:
 The voting is over, and, not surprising, std.uuid is accepted for
 inclusion into Phobos with 10 "yes" vs 0 "no" votes total.
=20
 Congratulations, Johannes! Time to roll up pull request ;)
=20
 Votes counted as YES:
 	1. Alex R=F8nne Petersen
 	2. John Chapman
 	3. Jesse Phillips
 	4. Jonathan M Davis
 	5. Jonas Drewsen
 	6. Mike Wey
 	7. Me
 	8. Masahiro Nakagawa
 	9. David Nadlinger (on condition of fixing  trusted)
 	10. Bernard Helyer
=20
 P.S. I'm glad we did it. Any new candidates?
 Let's keep reviews going, as I recall there were some crowding in
 review queue already.

I think the most up to date list is here http://prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?ReviewQueue Andrei is preparing std.benchmark for review. I do not know about other candidates. BTW there is also https://trello.com/board/phobos-review-queue/4f33d3c6542c156960533efb It should be decided what is the official source regarding reviews. It seemed as if it would be moved over to Trello in the hope for a better organization. If there is a consensus I will move all information from the Wiki to Trello. Jens
Jun 26 2012
parent reply Dmitry Olshansky <dmitry.olsh gmail.com> writes:
On 27-Jun-12 01:00, Jens Mueller wrote:
 Dmitry Olshansky wrote:
 The voting is over, and, not surprising, std.uuid is accepted for
 inclusion into Phobos with 10 "yes" vs 0 "no" votes total.

 Congratulations, Johannes! Time to roll up pull request ;)

 Votes counted as YES:
 	1. Alex Rønne Petersen
 	2. John Chapman
 	3. Jesse Phillips
 	4. Jonathan M Davis
 	5. Jonas Drewsen
 	6. Mike Wey
 	7. Me
 	8. Masahiro Nakagawa
 	9. David Nadlinger (on condition of fixing  trusted)
 	10. Bernard Helyer

 P.S. I'm glad we did it. Any new candidates?
 Let's keep reviews going, as I recall there were some crowding in
 review queue already.

I think the most up to date list is here http://prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?ReviewQueue Andrei is preparing std.benchmark for review. I do not know about other candidates.

Great, I'd love to see it in Phobos. However I believe it's important to have alternatives. Review requires certain amount of spare time from BOTH reviewers and the author. It not at all unexpected for author to suddenly not have enough of spare time for current review cycle.
 BTW there is also
 https://trello.com/board/phobos-review-queue/4f33d3c6542c156960533efb

 It should be decided what is the official source regarding reviews. It
 seemed as if it would be moved over to Trello in the hope for a better
 organization. If there is a consensus I will move all information from
 the Wiki to Trello.

The trello has the disadvantage of being even less public/popular/obvious then D wiki. D wiki has the only disadvantage of it having a big pile of junk coming from the old D1 days. I don't think Trello is a net improvement at all but I may be missing something. -- Dmitry Olshansky
Jun 26 2012
parent =?ISO-8859-15?Q?Alex_R=F8nne_Petersen?= <alex lycus.org> writes:
On 26-06-2012 23:16, Dmitry Olshansky wrote:
 On 27-Jun-12 01:00, Jens Mueller wrote:
 Dmitry Olshansky wrote:
 The voting is over, and, not surprising, std.uuid is accepted for
 inclusion into Phobos with 10 "yes" vs 0 "no" votes total.

 Congratulations, Johannes! Time to roll up pull request ;)

 Votes counted as YES:
     1. Alex Rønne Petersen
     2. John Chapman
     3. Jesse Phillips
     4. Jonathan M Davis
     5. Jonas Drewsen
     6. Mike Wey
     7. Me
     8. Masahiro Nakagawa
     9. David Nadlinger (on condition of fixing  trusted)
     10. Bernard Helyer

 P.S. I'm glad we did it. Any new candidates?
 Let's keep reviews going, as I recall there were some crowding in
 review queue already.

I think the most up to date list is here http://prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?ReviewQueue Andrei is preparing std.benchmark for review. I do not know about other candidates.

Great, I'd love to see it in Phobos. However I believe it's important to have alternatives. Review requires certain amount of spare time from BOTH reviewers and the author. It not at all unexpected for author to suddenly not have enough of spare time for current review cycle.
 BTW there is also
 https://trello.com/board/phobos-review-queue/4f33d3c6542c156960533efb

 It should be decided what is the official source regarding reviews. It
 seemed as if it would be moved over to Trello in the hope for a better
 organization. If there is a consensus I will move all information from
 the Wiki to Trello.

The trello has the disadvantage of being even less public/popular/obvious then D wiki. D wiki has the only disadvantage of it having a big pile of junk coming from the old D1 days. I don't think Trello is a net improvement at all but I may be missing something.

For starters, we could put a link to the Trello org on dlang.org. -- Alex Rønne Petersen alex lycus.org http://lycus.org
Jun 26 2012
prev sibling next sibling parent "Bernard Helyer" <b.helyer gmail.com> writes:
Congrats!
Jun 27 2012
prev sibling parent Johannes Pfau <nospam example.com> writes:
Am Tue, 26 Jun 2012 23:42:22 +0400
schrieb Dmitry Olshansky <dmitry.olsh gmail.com>:

 The voting is over, and, not surprising, std.uuid is accepted for=20
 inclusion into Phobos with 10 "yes" vs 0 "no" votes total.
=20
 Congratulations, Johannes! Time to roll up pull request ;)
=20
 Votes counted as YES:
 	1. Alex R=C3=B8nne Petersen
 	2. John Chapman
 	3. Jesse Phillips
 	4. Jonathan M Davis
 	5. Jonas Drewsen
 	6. Mike Wey
 	7. Me
 	8. Masahiro Nakagawa
 	9. David Nadlinger (on condition of fixing  trusted)
 	10. Bernard Helyer
=20
 P.S. I'm glad we did it. Any new candidates?
 Let's keep reviews going, as I recall there were some crowding in
 review queue already.
=20

Thanks! The pull request(s) are here: https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/phobos/pull/651 https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/d-programming-language.org/pull/1= 33 Took a little longer as I had to fix some small 64bit errors and annoying problems with the windows makefile (adding std.uuid to the existing SRC_STD_x or SRC_STD_REST caused out of memory errors for the autotester. I had to add a new SRC_STD_4 to make it work)
Jul 01 2012