www.digitalmars.com         C & C++   DMDScript  

digitalmars.D.learn - formattedWrite

reply simendsjo <simendsjo gmail.com> writes:
I cannot find any string format() method in phobos.
Having to do:
auto a = appender!string();
formattedWrite(a, "", ...);
a.data

seems unnecessary in many cases.
Aug 08 2011
parent reply "Vladimir Panteleev" <vladimir thecybershadow.net> writes:
On Mon, 08 Aug 2011 14:37:26 +0300, simendsjo <simendsjo gmail.com> wrote:

 I cannot find any string format() method in phobos.

What's wrong with format() from std.string? -- Best regards, Vladimir mailto:vladimir thecybershadow.net
Aug 08 2011
parent reply simendsjo <simendsjo gmail.com> writes:
On 08.08.2011 13:37, Vladimir Panteleev wrote:
 On Mon, 08 Aug 2011 14:37:26 +0300, simendsjo <simendsjo gmail.com> wrote:

 I cannot find any string format() method in phobos.

What's wrong with format() from std.string?

Thanks, that was the function I was looking for. I just expected it to be in std.format (and I also looked in std.stdio).
Aug 08 2011
parent reply simendsjo <simendsjo gmail.com> writes:
On 08.08.2011 13:41, simendsjo wrote:
 On 08.08.2011 13:37, Vladimir Panteleev wrote:
 On Mon, 08 Aug 2011 14:37:26 +0300, simendsjo <simendsjo gmail.com>
 wrote:

 I cannot find any string format() method in phobos.

What's wrong with format() from std.string?

Thanks, that was the function I was looking for. I just expected it to be in std.format (and I also looked in std.stdio).

Seems std.string.format is missing positional arguments..
Aug 08 2011
parent simendsjo <simendsjo gmail.com> writes:
On 08.08.2011 14:07, simendsjo wrote:
 On 08.08.2011 13:41, simendsjo wrote:
 On 08.08.2011 13:37, Vladimir Panteleev wrote:
 On Mon, 08 Aug 2011 14:37:26 +0300, simendsjo <simendsjo gmail.com>
 wrote:

 I cannot find any string format() method in phobos.

What's wrong with format() from std.string?

Thanks, that was the function I was looking for. I just expected it to be in std.format (and I also looked in std.stdio).

Seems std.string.format is missing positional arguments..

http://d.puremagic.com/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=6455
Aug 08 2011