www.digitalmars.com         C & C++   DMDScript  

digitalmars.D.learn - dstep problem: "fatal error: 'limits.h' file not found"

reply Joseph Rushton Wakeling <joseph.wakeling webdrake.net> writes:
I've just built and installed dstep (on Ubuntu 15.10, using 
libclang-3.7) but whenever I try to run it on a header file, I 
run into the error message:

File(8AC8E0, "")/usr/include/limits.h:123:16: fatal error: 
'limits.h' file not found

I suspect this is a libclang problem, but does anyone have any 
advice how to address it?

It appears to be occurring in these lines in 
/usr/include/limits.h:

     #if defined __GNUC__ && !defined _GCC_LIMITS_H_
     /* `_GCC_LIMITS_H_' is what GCC's file defines.  */
     # include_next <limits.h>
     #endif
Nov 25 2015
parent reply Jacob Carlborg <doob me.com> writes:
On 2015-11-25 20:52, Joseph Rushton Wakeling wrote:
 I've just built and installed dstep (on Ubuntu 15.10, using
 libclang-3.7) but whenever I try to run it on a header file, I run into
 the error message:

 File(8AC8E0, "")/usr/include/limits.h:123:16: fatal error: 'limits.h'
 file not found

 I suspect this is a libclang problem, but does anyone have any advice
 how to address it?

 It appears to be occurring in these lines in /usr/include/limits.h:

      #if defined __GNUC__ && !defined _GCC_LIMITS_H_
      /* `_GCC_LIMITS_H_' is what GCC's file defines.  */
      # include_next <limits.h>
      #endif
Hmm, I was pretty sure I fixed this, but perhaps not for that file. Please report an issue. In the meantime there's a workaround in the documentation [1], second paragraph, perhaps not very clear though. [1] https://github.com/jacob-carlborg/dstep#libclang -- /Jacob Carlborg
Nov 25 2015
parent reply Joseph Rushton Wakeling <joseph.wakeling webdrake.net> writes:
On Thursday, 26 November 2015 at 07:28:37 UTC, Jacob Carlborg 
wrote:
 Hmm, I was pretty sure I fixed this, but perhaps not for that 
 file. Please report an issue. In the meantime there's a 
 workaround in the documentation [1], second paragraph, perhaps 
 not very clear though.

 [1] https://github.com/jacob-carlborg/dstep#libclang
OK, I'll do that this evening once I've had an opportunity to check the workaround etc. Thanks!
Nov 26 2015
parent Jacob Carlborg <doob me.com> writes:
On 2015-11-26 10:55, Joseph Rushton Wakeling wrote:

 OK, I'll do that this evening once I've had an opportunity to check the
 workaround etc.  Thanks!
Of course, a pull request is even more welcome. Should be very simple to fix. -- /Jacob Carlborg
Nov 26 2015