www.digitalmars.com         C & C++   DMDScript  

digitalmars.D.learn - How do i activate the latest nightly without knowing the date ?

reply user789 <user789 789.fi> writes:
After using the script to setup DMD nightly i read in the output 
that i have to
run "source ~/dlang/dmd-master-2018-01-04/activate" to have DMD 
DUB etc working.

Is there another activation command, working without the date, 
suitable for a cron job ?
Jan 04
parent reply user789 <user789 789.fi> writes:
On Thursday, 4 January 2018 at 20:28:47 UTC, user789 wrote:
 After using the script to setup DMD nightly i read in the 
 output that i have to
 run "source ~/dlang/dmd-master-2018-01-04/activate" to have DMD 
 DUB etc working.

 Is there another activation command, working without the date, 
 suitable for a cron job ?
"source ~/dlang/dmd-nightly/activate" doesn't work but would be better when you just want to use the nightly
Jan 04
parent reply user789 <user789 789.fi> writes:
On Thursday, 4 January 2018 at 20:37:16 UTC, user789 wrote:
 On Thursday, 4 January 2018 at 20:28:47 UTC, user789 wrote:
 After using the script to setup DMD nightly i read in the 
 output that i have to
 run "source ~/dlang/dmd-master-2018-01-04/activate" to have 
 DMD DUB etc working.

 Is there another activation command, working without the date, 
 suitable for a cron job ?
"source ~/dlang/dmd-nightly/activate" doesn't work but would be better when you just want to use the nightly
F1nally i found that just --- wget https://nightlies.dlang.org/dmd-nightly/dmd.master.linux.tar.xz tar xf ./dmd.master.linux.tar.xz03:12 export PATH=$PATH:`pwd`/dmd2/linux/bin64 --- works fine. maybe you should add something to the script to install and activate latest nightly in one step.
Jan 04
parent user789 <user789 789.fi> writes:
On Thursday, 4 January 2018 at 22:07:39 UTC, user789 wrote:
 On Thursday, 4 January 2018 at 20:37:16 UTC, user789 wrote:
 On Thursday, 4 January 2018 at 20:28:47 UTC, user789 wrote:
 After using the script to setup DMD nightly i read in the 
 output that i have to
 run "source ~/dlang/dmd-master-2018-01-04/activate" to have 
 DMD DUB etc working.

 Is there another activation command, working without the 
 date, suitable for a cron job ?
"source ~/dlang/dmd-nightly/activate" doesn't work but would be better when you just want to use the nightly
F1nally i found that just --- wget https://nightlies.dlang.org/dmd-nightly/dmd.master.linux.tar.xz tar xf ./dmd.master.linux.tar.xz03:12 export PATH=$PATH:`pwd`/dmd2/linux/bin64 --- works fine. maybe you should add something to the script to install and activate latest nightly in one step.
Oh some unrelated log material found its little guy way in the copy/paste --- https://nightlies.dlang.org/dmd-nightly/dmd.master.linux.tar.xz tar xf ./dmd.master.linux.tar.xz export PATH=$PATH:`pwd`/dmd2/linux/bin64 ---
Jan 05