www.digitalmars.com         C & C++   DMDScript  

digitalmars.D.learn - Formated Output and file creation time

reply Vino.B <vino.bheeman hotmail.com> writes:
Hi,

  I have a small program which will list the file names, size and 
creation date and time, the output of the program is as below and 
required your help to print the output as per "Required Output"

Current Output
C:\Test1\Test2\TXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.txt 1234 2017-Aug-16 
19:10:54.0618385
C:\Test1\Test2\TXXXXXXXXX.txt 1234 2017-Aug-16 19:10:54.0618385
C:\Test1\Test2\TXXX.txt 1234 2017-Aug-16 19:10:54.0618385

Required Output
(1) Alain in Table Format like below
(2) Remove the msec from the date part (0618385)

C:\Test1\Test2\TXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.txt   1234   2017-Aug-16 19:10:54
C:\Test1\Test2\TXXXXXXXXX.txt          1234   2017-Aug-16 19:10:54
C:\Test1\Test2\TXXX.txt                1234   2017-Aug-16 19:10:54

I tried the below but no luck
writefln("%s %10d %10s", d, d.size, d.timeCreated());

From,
Vino.B
Aug 16
parent reply "H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d-learn" <digitalmars-d-learn puremagic.com> writes:
On Wed, Aug 16, 2017 at 03:30:18PM +0000, Vino.B via Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
[...]
 Current Output
 C:\Test1\Test2\TXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.txt 1234 2017-Aug-16 19:10:54.0618385
 C:\Test1\Test2\TXXXXXXXXX.txt 1234 2017-Aug-16 19:10:54.0618385
 C:\Test1\Test2\TXXX.txt 1234 2017-Aug-16 19:10:54.0618385
 
 Required Output
 (1) Alain in Table Format like below
 (2) Remove the msec from the date part (0618385)
 
 C:\Test1\Test2\TXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.txt   1234   2017-Aug-16 19:10:54
 C:\Test1\Test2\TXXXXXXXXX.txt          1234   2017-Aug-16 19:10:54
 C:\Test1\Test2\TXXX.txt                1234   2017-Aug-16 19:10:54
 
 I tried the below but no luck
 writefln("%s %10d %10s", d, d.size, d.timeCreated());
Try this: writefln("%-36s %8s %.20s", d, d.size, d.timeCreated()); T -- "You know, maybe we don't *need* enemies." "Yeah, best friends are about all I can take." -- Calvin & Hobbes
Aug 16
parent Vino.B <vino.bheeman hotmail.com> writes:
On Wednesday, 16 August 2017 at 17:03:51 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
 On Wed, Aug 16, 2017 at 03:30:18PM +0000, Vino.B via 
 Digitalmars-d-learn wrote: [...]
 [...]
Try this: writefln("%-36s %8s %.20s", d, d.size, d.timeCreated()); T
Hi Teoh, Thank you very much, it worked.
Aug 18