www.digitalmars.com         C & C++   DMDScript  

digitalmars.D.learn - DlangUI Error

reply Jiyan <jiyan jiyan.info> writes:
Hey,
i get the following errors when i try to use dlangui, by just 
importing the package i get a lot of errors which look like:
function std.xml.Item.opEquals does not override any function, 
did you mean to override 'object.Object.opEquals'?

What is happening there?
Aug 10
parent reply HyperParrow <dlas nowhere.se> writes:
On Thursday, 10 August 2017 at 20:48:23 UTC, Jiyan wrote:
 Hey,
 i get the following errors when i try to use dlangui, by just 
 importing the package i get a lot of errors which look like:
 function std.xml.Item.opEquals does not override any function, 
 did you mean to override 'object.Object.opEquals'?

 What is happening there?
The error message is correct but the error is only recognized by the compiler since the latest release. To fix it requires intervention of the author: either "override" must be removed from the opEquals that's indicated or the opEquals parameters must be changed o match exactly the signature used on Object.opEquals. Until this is done in libdlangui you can use an older compiler, e.g last 2.074.x release should make the error disappearing (since it wasn't detected yet).
Aug 10
parent reply Jiyan <jiyan jiyan.info> writes:
On Thursday, 10 August 2017 at 22:27:44 UTC, HyperParrow wrote:
 On Thursday, 10 August 2017 at 20:48:23 UTC, Jiyan wrote:
 Hey,
 i get the following errors when i try to use dlangui, by just 
 importing the package i get a lot of errors which look like:
 function std.xml.Item.opEquals does not override any function, 
 did you mean to override 'object.Object.opEquals'?

 What is happening there?
The error message is correct but the error is only recognized by the compiler since the latest release. To fix it requires intervention of the author: either "override" must be removed from the opEquals that's indicated or the opEquals parameters must be changed o match exactly the signature used on Object.opEquals. Until this is done in libdlangui you can use an older compiler, e.g last 2.074.x release should make the error disappearing (since it wasn't detected yet).
Hey thank you for your reply :) So the strange thing is i had an older compiler (v2.074.1), so i started running the 2.075 version - with which it worked! The thing is i can start the 2.075 version only over the activate.sh script in a shell. Can you tell me how i can really use the 2.075 version (without having to run the script each time i open a shell, and why do i have to do that).
Aug 10
next sibling parent HyperParrow <dlas nowhere.se> writes:
On Thursday, 10 August 2017 at 23:38:42 UTC, Jiyan wrote:
 On Thursday, 10 August 2017 at 22:27:44 UTC, HyperParrow wrote:
 On Thursday, 10 August 2017 at 20:48:23 UTC, Jiyan wrote:
 Hey,
 i get the following errors when i try to use dlangui, by just 
 importing the package i get a lot of errors which look like:
 function std.xml.Item.opEquals does not override any 
 function, did you mean to override 'object.Object.opEquals'?

 What is happening there?
The error message is correct but the error is only recognized by the compiler since the latest release. To fix it requires intervention of the author: either "override" must be removed from the opEquals that's indicated or the opEquals parameters must be changed o match exactly the signature used on Object.opEquals. Until this is done in libdlangui you can use an older compiler, e.g last 2.074.x release should make the error disappearing (since it wasn't detected yet).
Hey thank you for your reply :) So the strange thing is i had an older compiler (v2.074.1), so i started running the 2.075 version - with which it worked!
Small confusion from my part.
 The thing is i can start the 2.075 version only over the 
 activate.sh
 script in a shell. Can you tell me how i can really use the 
 2.075 version
 (without having to run the script each time i open a shell, and 
 why do
 i have to do that).
I have no idea of what is this script. Actually i don't use dlangui at all. I stop here.
Aug 10
prev sibling parent reply Mike Parker <aldacron gmail.com> writes:
On Thursday, 10 August 2017 at 23:38:42 UTC, Jiyan wrote:

 So the strange thing is i had an older compiler (v2.074.1), so
 i started running the 2.075 version - with which it worked!
 The thing is i can start the 2.075 version only over the 
 activate.sh
 script in a shell. Can you tell me how i can really use the 
 2.075 version
 (without having to run the script each time i open a shell, and 
 why do
 i have to do that).
Sounds like you used the script from the download page that installs the compiler per user. It's designed to allow you to have multiple versions installed in your user directory and requires you to specify which version you want to activate. You could probably configure your bash shell to activate dmd when you launch it, or you could install dmd via the .deb or .rpm, assuming you're on a Linux flavor.
Aug 10
parent Jiyan <jiyan jiyan.info> writes:
On Friday, 11 August 2017 at 02:25:51 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
 On Thursday, 10 August 2017 at 23:38:42 UTC, Jiyan wrote:

 [...]
Sounds like you used the script from the download page that installs the compiler per user. It's designed to allow you to have multiple versions installed in your user directory and requires you to specify which version you want to activate. You could probably configure your bash shell to activate dmd when you launch it, or you could install dmd via the .deb or .rpm, assuming you're on a Linux flavor.
Ok thanks :)
Aug 11