www.digitalmars.com         C & C++   DMDScript  

digitalmars.D.learn - "D Programming Language"

reply Patrick Byrne <pbyrne frontier.co.uk> writes:
Amazon (UK) tells me that publication of this book is delayed. Is it still
coming soon, please?

--
Patrick Byrne
Jun 08 2010
next sibling parent "Lars T. Kyllingstad" <public kyllingen.NOSPAMnet> writes:
On Tue, 08 Jun 2010 11:23:23 +0100, Patrick Byrne wrote:

 Amazon (UK) tells me that publication of this book is delayed. Is it
 still coming soon, please?

I also ordered it from Amazon UK, and got the same message. But the book is, as far as I know, finished and printed. So I suppose it's mostly a matter of transportation time. :) -Lars
Jun 08 2010
prev sibling parent reply Robert Clipsham <robert octarineparrot.com> writes:
On 08/06/10 11:23, Patrick Byrne wrote:
 Amazon (UK) tells me that publication of this book is delayed. Is it
 still coming soon, please?

 --
 Patrick Byrne

I ordered it from amazon.com, it was half the priceof the UK version ;) I've had no delay message about it for a while now, the last one I got said "June 25 2010 - August 04 2010" though... Guess we'll see though! Given that it's already been dispatched from the printers, I'm quietly optimistic it'll arrive before then. Robert
Jun 08 2010
parent reply "Lars T. Kyllingstad" <public kyllingen.NOSPAMnet> writes:
On Tue, 08 Jun 2010 13:00:51 +0100, Robert Clipsham wrote:

 On 08/06/10 11:23, Patrick Byrne wrote:
 Amazon (UK) tells me that publication of this book is delayed. Is it
 still coming soon, please?

 --
 Patrick Byrne

I ordered it from amazon.com, it was half the priceof the UK version ;)

I don't know when you ordered it, but that has changed now, at least. At amazon.co.uk it costs £18.50, while at amazon.com it sells for $42.70 -- roughly £29. Also, for Europeans, the delivery cost is lower if you order from UK. -Lars
Jun 08 2010
parent Robert Clipsham <robert octarineparrot.com> writes:
On 08/06/10 13:12, Lars T. Kyllingstad wrote:
 I don't know when you ordered it, but that has changed now, at least.  At
 amazon.co.uk it costs £18.50, while at amazon.com it sells for $42.70 --
 roughly £29.  Also, for Europeans, the delivery cost is lower if you
 order from UK.

 -Lars

I ordered it a few weeks after it was up on Amazon, at the time it was about £30 in the UK and $42.70 in the US (I know they're roughly the same now, it worked out about £10 cheaper at the time though). As for delivery cost, I always wait until there's a selection of things I want to buy to get free delivery ;)
Jun 08 2010