www.digitalmars.com         C & C++   DMDScript  

digitalmars.D.learn - CTFE of yl2x() and other intrinsics

reply "Lars T. Kyllingstad" <public kyllingen.NOSPAMnet> writes:
I thought that the compiler could evaluate all intrinsics at compile 
time, but this doesn't seem to be the case for std.math.yl2x().  Is my 
assumption wrong, or is this a bug that should be reported?

-Lars
Nov 15 2010
parent reply div0 <div0 sourceforge.net> writes:
On 15/11/2010 11:00, Lars T. Kyllingstad wrote:
 I thought that the compiler could evaluate all intrinsics at compile
 time, but this doesn't seem to be the case for std.math.yl2x().  Is my
 assumption wrong, or is this a bug that should be reported?

 -Lars

Looks like it's not implemented because yl2x isn't in DMC. Dam and I thought it would be an easy one! Still I'll have a play with inline asm and see if it'll work. -- My enormous talent is exceeded only by my outrageous laziness. http://www.ssTk.co.uk
Nov 15 2010
next sibling parent div0 <div0 sourceforge.net> writes:
On 15/11/2010 12:12, div0 wrote:
 On 15/11/2010 11:00, Lars T. Kyllingstad wrote:
 I thought that the compiler could evaluate all intrinsics at compile
 time, but this doesn't seem to be the case for std.math.yl2x(). Is my
 assumption wrong, or is this a bug that should be reported?

 -Lars

Looks like it's not implemented because yl2x isn't in DMC. Dam and I thought it would be an easy one! Still I'll have a play with inline asm and see if it'll work.

Sweet, I got it working! I'll submit a patch to bugzilla in a bit. -- My enormous talent is exceeded only by my outrageous laziness. http://www.ssTk.co.uk
Nov 15 2010
prev sibling parent "Lars T. Kyllingstad" <public kyllingen.NOSPAMnet> writes:
On Mon, 15 Nov 2010 13:03:03 +0000, div0 wrote:

 On 15/11/2010 12:12, div0 wrote:
 On 15/11/2010 11:00, Lars T. Kyllingstad wrote:
 I thought that the compiler could evaluate all intrinsics at compile
 time, but this doesn't seem to be the case for std.math.yl2x(). Is my
 assumption wrong, or is this a bug that should be reported?

 -Lars

Looks like it's not implemented because yl2x isn't in DMC. Dam and I thought it would be an easy one! Still I'll have a play with inline asm and see if it'll work.


Cool! :) -Lars
Nov 15 2010