digitalmars.D.learn - static if on types like double, float

reply sclytrack pi.be writes:
I have the following class, called SingularValueDecomposition, it should only
accept T of type float and double. Currently, it uses dgesvd for double, but for
float it must call sgesvd.

1. How can I do a static if on a type? (Thanks in advance.)

class SingularValueDecomposition(T)
{
protected:
MatrixRectangular!(T, true) _matrix;

MatrixRectangular!(T, true) _uMatrix;
MatrixDiagonal!(T, true) _sMatrix;
MatrixRectangular!(T, true) _vTMatrix;
public:
this( MatrixRectangular!(T,true) matrix)
{
_matrix = matrix;
//		MxN=(MxM) (MxN) (NxN)
_uMatrix = new MatrixRectangular!(T, true) (_matrix.rowCount, _matrix.rowCount);
_sMatrix = new MatrixDiagonal!(T, true) (_matrix.rowCount, _matrix.columnCount);
_vTMatrix = new MatrixRectangular!(T, true) (_matrix.columnCount,
_matrix.columnCount);
}

MatrixRectangular!(T, true) uMatrix()
{
return _uMatrix;
}

MatrixDiagonal!(T, true) sMatrix()
{
return _sMatrix;
}

MatrixRectangular!(T, true) vTMatrix()
{
return _vTMatrix;
}

MatrixRectangular!(T, true) recompose()
{
return _uMatrix * _sMatrix * _vTMatrix;
}

void decompose()		//decompose, recompose
{

T bestLWork;

char jobu='A';
char jobvt='A';
int m = _matrix.rowCount;
int n = _matrix.columnCount;
T * a = &_matrix.data[0];
int lda = _matrix.columnCount;
T * s= &_sMatrix.data[0];		//min(m,n)
T * u = &_uMatrix.data[0];		//LDU, M for 'A'
int ldu = _uMatrix.rowCount;		//leading dimensions of u
T * vt = &_vTMatrix.data[0];		//N x N for 'A'
int ldvt = _vTMatrix.rowCount;		//N for 'A'
//		float * work;		//
int lwork = -1; //dimensions of array work	//Two Calls Find Optimal LWORK
int info;  //0 success, <0 -i argument had illegal value

//sgesvd_(&jobu, &jobvt, &m, &n, a, &lda, s, u, &ldu, vt, &ldvt, &bestLWork,
&lwork, &info);
dgesvd_(&jobu, &jobvt, &m, &n, a, &lda, s, u, &ldu, vt, &ldvt, &bestLWork,
&lwork, &info);

writefln( "Info:      "~std.string.toString(info));
writefln( "bestLWork: "~std.string.toString(bestLWork));

if (info == 0)
{
lwork = cast(int) bestLWork;	//float to int
T [] workSpace = new T[lwork];

//sgesvd_(&jobu, &jobvt, &m, &n, a, &lda, s, u, &ldu, vt, &ldvt, work, &lwork,
&info);
dgesvd_(&jobu, &jobvt, &m, &n, a, &lda, s, u, &ldu, vt, &ldvt, work, &lwork,

next sibling parent Oskar Linde <oskar.lindeREM OVEgmail.com> writes:
sclytrack pi.be wrote:

 1. How can I do a static if on a type? (Thanks in advance.)
See the is-expression: http://www.digitalmars.com/d/expression.html#IsExpression example: static if (is (T == double)) { something(); } else { something_else(); } /Oskar
Jun 14 2006
prev sibling parent reply Daniel Keep <daniel.keep.lists gmail.com> writes:
sclytrack pi.be wrote:
 I have the following class, called SingularValueDecomposition, it should only
 accept T of type float and double. Currently, it uses dgesvd for double, but
for
 float it must call sgesvd.

 1. How can I do a static if on a type? (Thanks in advance.)

 [snip]
You might be able to use ``static assert(false, "...");`` to show a message, maybe not. I know you can pass the message to the non-static version, but I can't remember if the static one supports that. -- Daniel -- Unlike Knuth, I have neither proven or tried the above; it may not even make sense. v2sw5+8Yhw5ln4+5pr6OFPma8u6+7Lw4Tm6+7l6+7D i28a2Xs3MSr2e4/6+7t4TNSMb6HTOp5en5g6RAHCP http://hackerkey.com/
Jun 14 2006
parent reply "Jarrett Billingsley" <kb3ctd2 yahoo.com> writes:
"Daniel Keep" <daniel.keep.lists gmail.com> wrote in message
news:e6p2l6$r1h$1 digitaldaemon.com...

 You might be able to use ``static assert(false, "...");`` to show a
 message, maybe not.  I know you can pass the message to the non-static
 version, but I can't remember if the static one supports that.
Indeed you can!
Jun 14 2006
next sibling parent Daniel Keep <daniel.keep.lists gmail.com> writes:
Jarrett Billingsley wrote:
 "Daniel Keep" <daniel.keep.lists gmail.com> wrote in message
 news:e6p2l6$r1h$1 digitaldaemon.com...

 You might be able to use ``static assert(false, "...");`` to show a
 message, maybe not.  I know you can pass the message to the non-static
 version, but I can't remember if the static one supports that.
Indeed you can!
Oh good. When Walter does one of these unexpected feature adds, it's hard to remember what he's actually implemented, and what people have been saying should be implemented. Kinda like the old "was I dreaming that, or did it really happen?" problem :) -- Daniel -- Unlike Knuth, I have neither proven or tried the above; it may not even make sense. v2sw5+8Yhw5ln4+5pr6OFPma8u6+7Lw4Tm6+7l6+7D i28a2Xs3MSr2e4/6+7t4TNSMb6HTOp5en5g6RAHCP http://hackerkey.com/
Jun 14 2006
prev sibling parent Don Clugston <dac nospam.com.au> writes:
Jarrett Billingsley wrote:
 "Daniel Keep" <daniel.keep.lists gmail.com> wrote in message
 news:e6p2l6$r1h$1 digitaldaemon.com...

 You might be able to use ``static assert(false, "...");`` to show a
 message, maybe not.  I know you can pass the message to the non-static
 version, but I can't remember if the static one supports that.
Indeed you can!
I've been trying to work out what is allowed in the message. You can concatenate char [] literals, and use .mangleof, but AFAICT, templates inside the message are not instantiated. (I'm trying to work out if it's possible to dump a template 'call stack' in the message).
Jun 14 2006