www.digitalmars.com         C & C++   DMDScript  

digitalmars.D.learn - Derelics problem, I think :)

reply MM <MM_member pathlink.com> writes:
I installed derelics again in accordance with the dmedia tutorial 1.
Only this time with newer versions.
I got a problem but I'm not sure where the problem lies, thus I put my question
in this more general board.

So here we go:

Download dmc
and dmd .160

extract dmd in C:\D\
and dmc on top of it. 
(creating dmd && dm as subs)

Get the newest derelict:
http://158.75.59.9/~h3/tmp/getDerelict.zip.spy
Place the correct subs in the /src/ext/ folder.
(see Dmedia tutorial)

Get build 301 windows (non debug)

place it in C:\D\dmd\bin\

put both C:\D\dmd\bin\ && C:\D\dm\bin\ in my PATH
(winXP pro sp2)

cmd
build test.d -full -w -IC:\D\dmd\src\ext
no errors or warnings

test.exe
Error: Failed to load proc wglUseFontBitmaps from shared library opengl32.dll

Which is in my opengl32.dll

Could anybody tell me what I did wrong? 

Thx, MM
Jun 11 2006
parent reply Mike Parker <aldacron71 yahoo.com> writes:
MM wrote:

 test.exe
 Error: Failed to load proc wglUseFontBitmaps from shared library opengl32.dll
 
 Which is in my opengl32.dll
 
 Could anybody tell me what I did wrong? 
 

You did nothing wrong. The problem is with your OpenGL DLL, which appears to be corrupt. The function "wglUseFontBitmaps", a function that /should/ be there, wasn't found. You could use Derelict's selective loading mechanism to work around it, but in this case that would be a hack. I suggest you replace your opengl32.dll and see if that does the trick. Look around MSDN or opengl.org to find where to download it. I googled it and found several sites offering it for download, but that I wouldn't trust anything that wasn't linked from MSDN or opengl.org.
Jun 11 2006
parent reply Tom S <h3r3tic remove.mat.uni.torun.pl> writes:
Mike Parker wrote:
 MM wrote:
 
 test.exe
 Error: Failed to load proc wglUseFontBitmaps from shared library 
 opengl32.dll

 Which is in my opengl32.dll

 Could anybody tell me what I did wrong?

You did nothing wrong. The problem is with your OpenGL DLL, which appears to be corrupt. The function "wglUseFontBitmaps", a function that /should/ be there, wasn't found. You could use Derelict's selective loading mechanism to work around it, but in this case that would be a hack. I suggest you replace your opengl32.dll and see if that does the trick. Look around MSDN or opengl.org to find where to download it. I googled it and found several sites offering it for download, but that I wouldn't trust anything that wasn't linked from MSDN or opengl.org.

Updating your graphics card drivers might do the trick... -- Tomasz Stachowiak /+ a.k.a. h3r3tic +/
Jun 12 2006
next sibling parent reply MM <MM_member pathlink.com> writes:
In article <e6jjs1$226k$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Tom S says...
Mike Parker wrote:
 MM wrote:
 
 test.exe
 Error: Failed to load proc wglUseFontBitmaps from shared library 
 opengl32.dll

 Which is in my opengl32.dll

 Could anybody tell me what I did wrong?

You did nothing wrong. The problem is with your OpenGL DLL, which appears to be corrupt. The function "wglUseFontBitmaps", a function that /should/ be there, wasn't found. You could use Derelict's selective loading mechanism to work around it, but in this case that would be a hack. I suggest you replace your opengl32.dll and see if that does the trick. Look around MSDN or opengl.org to find where to download it. I googled it and found several sites offering it for download, but that I wouldn't trust anything that wasn't linked from MSDN or opengl.org.

Updating your graphics card drivers might do the trick...

from dmedia a few weeks ago without any problems. (around this time :D >> build 210 (used 209) switching back to 2.09 does not change the outcome btw. ps. I always have the newest omega ati drivers.
Jun 12 2006
parent reply Mike Parker <aldacron71 yahoo.com> writes:
MM wrote:


from dmedia a few weeks ago without any problems. (around this time :D >> build 210 (used 209) switching back to 2.09 does not change the outcome btw. ps. I always have the newest omega ati drivers.

It's possible that the DLL has become corrupt in some way. If replacing it doesn't fix the problem, then we can take this discussion over to the Derelict forums and try to solve it.
Jun 12 2006
parent MM <MM_member pathlink.com> writes:
It's possible that the DLL has become corrupt in some way. If replacing 
it doesn't fix the problem, then we can take this discussion over to the 
  Derelict forums and try to solve it.

As I don't like replacing files with downloaded ones I compared them in my hexeditor All 713,728 bytes report having their twins in the correct place :)
Jun 12 2006
prev sibling parent Mike Parker <aldacron71 yahoo.com> writes:
Tom S wrote:
 
 Updating your graphics card drivers might do the trick...
 
 

of GDI and are to be found in the default opengl32.dll that MS has not updated in years. I'm fairly certain you won't find the wgl* functions implemented in the drivers.
Jun 12 2006