digitalmars.D.learn - html2txt library, anyone?

reply jicman <jicman_member pathlink.com> writes:
yes, I know I can use cygwin tools or lynx, w3m, etc., to take an html file and
change it to text, but has anyone written a d library to do this?

Thanks,

josé
Jan 19 2006
next sibling parent reply James Dunne <james.jdunne gmail.com> writes:
jicman wrote:
 yes, I know I can use cygwin tools or lynx, w3m, etc., to take an html file and
 change it to text, but has anyone written a d library to do this?

 Thanks,

 josé

platform-agnostic so it should move to D easily enough. It looks like C and scares everyone, which is why I like it :) Interested?
Jan 21 2006
parent reply jicman <jicman_member pathlink.com> writes:

would love to have it.  Would you be so kind as to email it to,

cabrera
at
wrc.xerox.com

thanks.

josé

James Dunne says...

jicman wrote:

yes, I know I can use cygwin tools or lynx, w3m, etc., to take an html file and
change it to text, but has anyone written a d library to do this?

Thanks,

josé
platform-agnostic so it should move to D easily enough. It looks like C and scares everyone, which is why I like it :) Interested?
So, keep me in suspense... -- Regards, James Dunne
Jan 27 2006
prev sibling parent reply "Charles" <noone nowhere.com> writes:
Here's a PCRE regex that will do it

"jicman" <jicman_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:dqpvdf$1h3j$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 yes, I know I can use cygwin tools or lynx, w3m, etc., to take an html
file and
 change it to text, but has anyone written a d library to do this?

 Thanks,

 josé
Jan 23 2006
parent reply "Charles" <noone nowhere.com> writes:
Oops,

char [] htmlContents = `<([^>])+>|&([^;])+;`; // to extract all <tag> plain
text </tag> from html

news:dr2tmr$2g9a$1 digitaldaemon.com...

Charles wrote:
 Oops,

 char [] htmlContents = `<([^>])+>|&([^;])+;`; // to extract all <tag> plain
 text </tag> from html

 "Charles" <noone nowhere.com> wrote in message
 news:dr2tmr$2g9a$1 digitaldaemon.com...

Here's a PCRE regex that will do it

"jicman" <jicman_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:dqpvdf$1h3j$1 digitaldaemon.com...

yes, I know I can use cygwin tools or lynx, w3m, etc., to take an html
file and
change it to text, but has anyone written a d library to do this?

Thanks,

josé
Jan 27 2006
parent "Charles" <noone nowhere.com> writes:
 This is why HTML is such a hacked standard.
Yea I agree . I've been using AJAX lately but its hard for me to get over how 'hackish' it is , jumping through tons of hurdles just to overcome the limitations of HTTP/HTML. Have you seen HTML 2.0 ? http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/html-spec/html-spec_toc.html . I'd love to see a new design language for the web , with some better widgets and connection based . Using Mango for the server and the Harmonia code base to display this unnamed new language :D. "James Dunne" <james.jdunne gmail.com> wrote in message news:drf2b5$gb9$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Charles wrote:
 Oops,

 char [] htmlContents = `<([^>])+>|&([^;])+;`; // to extract all <tag>
plain
 text </tag> from html

 "Charles" <noone nowhere.com> wrote in message
 news:dr2tmr$2g9a$1 digitaldaemon.com...

Here's a PCRE regex that will do it

"jicman" <jicman_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:dqpvdf$1h3j$1 digitaldaemon.com...

yes, I know I can use cygwin tools or lynx, w3m, etc., to take an html
file and
change it to text, but has anyone written a d library to do this?

Thanks,

josé
Jan 29 2006