digitalmars.D.learn - DDOC with class templates

reply Klaus Oberhofer <oberhofer users.sourceforge.net> writes:
I have the following code snippet:

<code>
/**

  Test module

*/
module test;

/// class to test DDOC on members
class TestMembers(TemplateArg)
{
  public:
    /**

       a static method

       Params: idx = index

    */
    static void PublicStaticMethod(int  idx)

void main()
</code>

When I invoke dmd (V0.136) the documentation for "PublicStaticMethod" is
not generated. If I turn the template into a class by removing
"(TemplateArg)" everything works as expected.
Do I miss anything or is this a known/unknown bug ?
Nov 02 2005
next sibling parent Sean Kelly <sean f4.ca> writes:
Klaus Oberhofer wrote:

 When I invoke dmd (V0.136) the documentation for "PublicStaticMethod" is
 not generated. If I turn the template into a class by removing
 "(TemplateArg)" everything works as expected.
 Do I miss anything or is this a known/unknown bug ?
I'm fairly certain it's a known bug. Sean
Nov 02 2005
prev sibling parent reply "Garett Bass" <garettbass studiotekne.com> writes:
It should be interesting to see if the documentation is
generated if you instantiate the generic, e.g.:

    new TestMembers!(int)();

I have noticed that the compiler seems to ignore a
template until it is instantiated
Nov 02 2005
parent Klaus Oberhofer <oberhofer users.sourceforge.net> writes:
"Garett Bass" <garettbass studiotekne.com> wrote in news:dkba39$htf$1
 digitaldaemon.com:

 It should be interesting to see if the documentation is
 generated if you instantiate the generic, e.g.:

     new TestMembers!(int)();

 I have noticed that the compiler seems to ignore a
 template until it is instantiated

Ok, I tried this but documentation is not generated.
Nov 03 2005