www.digitalmars.com         C & C++   DMDScript  

digitalmars.D - is the ubuntu sourceforge repository safe?

reply Ali <fakeemailadress example.com> writes:
I know that sourceforge doesnt have the best security track record
Is it safe thought to use the dmd ubuntu repository hosted there

[code]
sudo wget 
http://master.dl.sourceforge.net/project/d-apt/files/d-apt.list 
-O /etc/apt/sources.list.d/d-apt.list
wget -qO - https://dlang.org/d-keyring.gpg | sudo apt-key add -
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install dmd-bin
[/code]
Jul 21
parent reply Michael <michael toohuman.io> writes:
On Saturday, 22 July 2017 at 00:21:45 UTC, Ali wrote:
 I know that sourceforge doesnt have the best security track 
 record
 Is it safe thought to use the dmd ubuntu repository hosted there

 [code]
 sudo wget 
 http://master.dl.sourceforge.net/project/d-apt/files/d-apt.list 
 -O /etc/apt/sources.list.d/d-apt.list
 wget -qO - https://dlang.org/d-keyring.gpg | sudo apt-key add -
 sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install dmd-bin
 [/code]
I stopped using it. It kept causing error messages in my package manager and I couldn't update it properly so I've just stuck to downloading the updates on release.
Jul 23
parent reply Russel Winder via Digitalmars-d <digitalmars-d puremagic.com> writes:
On Sun, 2017-07-23 at 18:23 +0000, Michael via Digitalmars-d wrote:
 On Saturday, 22 July 2017 at 00:21:45 UTC, Ali wrote:
 I know that sourceforge doesnt have the best security track=C2=A0
 record
 Is it safe thought to use the dmd ubuntu repository hosted there
=20
 [code]
 sudo wget=C2=A0
 http://master.dl.sourceforge.net/project/d-apt/files/d-apt.list=C2=A0
 -O /etc/apt/sources.list.d/d-apt.list
 wget -qO - https://dlang.org/d-keyring.gpg | sudo apt-key add -
 sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install dmd-bin
 [/code]
=20 I stopped using it. It kept causing error messages in my package=C2=A0 manager and I couldn't update it properly so I've just stuck to=C2=A0 downloading the updates on release.
If we are talking about D-Apt here http://d-apt.sourceforge.net/ it seems to be working fine for me on Debian Sid. 2.075 just installed this morning. --=20 Russel. =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D Dr Russel Winder t: +44 20 7585 2200 voip: sip:russel.winder ekiga.n= et 41 Buckmaster Road m: +44 7770 465 077 xmpp: russel winder.org.uk London SW11 1EN, UK w: www.russel.org.uk skype: russel_winder
Jul 24
next sibling parent reply Ali <fakeemail example.com> writes:
On Monday, 24 July 2017 at 11:02:55 UTC, Russel Winder wrote:
 On Sun, 2017-07-23 at 18:23 +0000, Michael via Digitalmars-d 
 wrote:
 
 I stopped using it. It kept causing error messages in my 
 package manager and I couldn't update it properly so I've just 
 stuck to downloading the updates on release.
If we are talking about D-Apt here http://d-apt.sourceforge.net/ it seems to be working fine for me on Debian Sid. 2.075 just installed this morning.
I think it would be better to have a PPA that is hosted on launchpad
Jul 26
parent Russel Winder via Digitalmars-d <digitalmars-d puremagic.com> writes:
On Wed, 2017-07-26 at 19:16 +0000, Ali via Digitalmars-d wrote:
 On Monday, 24 July 2017 at 11:02:55 UTC, Russel Winder wrote:
 On Sun, 2017-07-23 at 18:23 +0000, Michael via Digitalmars-d=C2=A0
 wrote:
=20
 I stopped using it. It kept causing error messages in my=C2=A0
 package manager and I couldn't update it properly so I've just=C2=A0
 stuck to downloading the updates on release.
=20 If we are talking about D-Apt here=C2=A0=C2=A0 http://d-apt.sourceforge.net/=C2=A0=C2=A0it seems to be working fine fo=
r=C2=A0
 me on Debian Sid.=C2=A0=C2=A02.075 just installed this morning.
=20 I think it would be better to have a PPA that is hosted on=C2=A0 launchpad
Launchpad is not a place Debian and Mint folk think of going is it? Ubuntu yes, but not others. I think D-Apt should be hosted at dlang.org. Along with a Fedora repository. --=20 Russel. =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D Dr Russel Winder t: +44 20 7585 2200 voip: sip:russel.winder ekiga.n= et 41 Buckmaster Road m: +44 7770 465 077 xmpp: russel winder.org.uk London SW11 1EN, UK w: www.russel.org.uk skype: russel_winder
Jul 27
prev sibling parent Michael <michael toohuman.io> writes:
On Monday, 24 July 2017 at 11:02:55 UTC, Russel Winder wrote:
 On Sun, 2017-07-23 at 18:23 +0000, Michael via Digitalmars-d 
 wrote:
 
 I stopped using it. It kept causing error messages in my 
 package manager and I couldn't update it properly so I've just 
 stuck to downloading the updates on release.
If we are talking about D-Apt here http://d-apt.sourceforge.net/ it seems to be working fine for me on Debian Sid. 2.075 just installed this morning.
I stopped using it a while ago as it was constantly causing me problems with being unable to check for new package updates. It was right when sourceforge was issuing security warnings and I couldn't be bothered to try and deal with it.
Aug 01