www.digitalmars.com         C & C++   DMDScript  

digitalmars.D - install.sh: Signature error prevents installation

reply ff2000 <franz.trischberger gmail.com> writes:
Hi,

I wanted to install dmd using the provided install.sh. With no 
success:

$ curl -fsS https://dlang.org/install.sh | bash -s dmd
Downloading and unpacking 
http://downloads.dlang.org/releases/2.x/2.071.2/dmd.2.071.2.linux.tar.xz
######################################################################## 100,0%
Invalid signature 
http://downloads.dlang.org/releases/2.x/2.071.2/dmd.2.071.2.linux.tar.xz.sig

If I run gpg2 myself I get

$ gpg2 -q --verify --keyring d-keyring.gpg --no-default-keyring 
dmd.2.071.2.linux.tar.xz.sig dmd.2.071.2.linux.tar.xz
gpg: Signature made Mon Sep 19 11:49:56 2016 CEST
gpg:                using RSA key B273811612BB1939
gpg: Can't check signature: No public key

Thx
Franz

P.S.: PLEASE (!!) reorder the buttons in this post form, so that 
"send" is on the very right. I just pressed "discard draft"... 
Luckily firefox saved the form data, so nothing got lost. It's a 
similar issue on github where the very right button is "post and 
close issue", which get's pressed quite often even from 
experienced github users ;)
Oct 24 2016
parent reply Jacob Carlborg <doob me.com> writes:
On 2016-10-24 09:22, ff2000 wrote:
 Hi,

 I wanted to install dmd using the provided install.sh. With no success:

 $ curl -fsS https://dlang.org/install.sh | bash -s dmd
 Downloading and unpacking
 http://downloads.dlang.org/releases/2.x/2.071.2/dmd.2.071.2.linux.tar.xz
 ########################################################################
 100,0%
 Invalid signature
 http://downloads.dlang.org/releases/2.x/2.071.2/dmd.2.071.2.linux.tar.xz.sig


 If I run gpg2 myself I get

 $ gpg2 -q --verify --keyring d-keyring.gpg --no-default-keyring
 dmd.2.071.2.linux.tar.xz.sig dmd.2.071.2.linux.tar.xz
 gpg: Signature made Mon Sep 19 11:49:56 2016 CEST
 gpg:                using RSA key B273811612BB1939
 gpg: Can't check signature: No public key
You can use DVM [1] instead. Allows you to easily switch between multiple versions of DMD. [1] https://github.com/jacob-carlborg/dvm -- /Jacob Carlborg
Oct 24 2016
parent reply ff2000 <franz.trischberger gmail.com> writes:
On Monday, 24 October 2016 at 11:07:59 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
 On 2016-10-24 09:22, ff2000 wrote:
 Hi,

 I wanted to install dmd using the provided install.sh. With no 
 success:

 $ curl -fsS https://dlang.org/install.sh | bash -s dmd
 Downloading and unpacking
 http://downloads.dlang.org/releases/2.x/2.071.2/dmd.2.071.2.linux.tar.xz
 ########################################################################
 100,0%
 Invalid signature
 http://downloads.dlang.org/releases/2.x/2.071.2/dmd.2.071.2.linux.tar.xz.sig


 If I run gpg2 myself I get

 $ gpg2 -q --verify --keyring d-keyring.gpg --no-default-keyring
 dmd.2.071.2.linux.tar.xz.sig dmd.2.071.2.linux.tar.xz
 gpg: Signature made Mon Sep 19 11:49:56 2016 CEST
 gpg:                using RSA key B273811612BB1939
 gpg: Can't check signature: No public key
You can use DVM [1] instead. Allows you to easily switch between multiple versions of DMD. [1] https://github.com/jacob-carlborg/dvm
Thx, I will have a look if it helps. But Gentoo does a great job, I can install several dmd versions in parallel and switch via eselect. I tried the installer only to get an upstream build to check if it fixes my issue with dstep ;) This post was meant to be a bug report. The dlang/installer repo doesn't have a dedicated issue tracker.
Oct 24 2016
parent Vladimir Panteleev <thecybershadow.lists gmail.com> writes:
On Monday, 24 October 2016 at 19:30:05 UTC, ff2000 wrote:
 This post was meant to be a bug report. The dlang/installer 
 repo doesn't have a dedicated issue tracker.
All bugs are tracked on our Bugzilla instance: https://issues.dlang.org/ There is an "installer" component. This particular issue is known: https://github.com/dlang/installer/pull/201
Oct 24 2016