www.digitalmars.com         C & C++   DMDScript  

digitalmars.D.ide - Visual D questions

reply Gru <gru gmail.com> writes:
1. Can we have the automatic Intellisense popup? It can be 
activated manually, but it is rather slow.
2. Can we have the automatic error marking in the IDE, with 
"squigglies" at the error positions?
Aug 06
parent reply Gru <gru gmail.com> writes:
On Sunday, 6 August 2017 at 13:15:30 UTC, Gru wrote:
 1. Can we have the automatic Intellisense popup? It can be 
 activated manually, but it is rather slow.
 2. Can we have the automatic error marking in the IDE, with 
 "squigglies" at the error positions?
(1)I have gotten the behavior I like by going to Tools/Options/Text Editor/D/Intellisense adn choosing "Show expressions when: writing an identifier". I'm still curious about Q#2.
Aug 06
parent reply Rainer Schuetze <r.sagitario gmx.de> writes:
On 06.08.2017 15:38, Gru wrote:
 On Sunday, 6 August 2017 at 13:15:30 UTC, Gru wrote:
 1. Can we have the automatic Intellisense popup? It can be activated 
 manually, but it is rather slow.
 2. Can we have the automatic error marking in the IDE, with 
 "squigglies" at the error positions?
(1)I have gotten the behavior I like by going to Tools/Options/Text Editor/D/Intellisense adn choosing "Show expressions when: writing an identifier". I'm still curious about Q#2.
You should get squiggles for parser errors, but semantic errors are not shown, as the semantic engine is likely to produce too many false positives.
Aug 06
parent Gru <gru gmail.com> writes:
On Sunday, 6 August 2017 at 14:33:57 UTC, Rainer Schuetze wrote:
 On 06.08.2017 15:38, Gru wrote:
 On Sunday, 6 August 2017 at 13:15:30 UTC, Gru wrote:
 1. Can we have the automatic Intellisense popup? It can be 
 activated manually, but it is rather slow.
 2. Can we have the automatic error marking in the IDE, with 
 "squigglies" at the error positions?
(1)I have gotten the behavior I like by going to Tools/Options/Text Editor/D/Intellisense adn choosing "Show expressions when: writing an identifier". I'm still curious about Q#2.
You should get squiggles for parser errors, but semantic errors are not shown, as the semantic engine is likely to produce too many false positives.
I am wondering why that is. Can it be enabled anywhere? Is it because of some specific D feature that is particularly difficult (I guess UFCS)? Any other IDEs for D support it? 3) Also, the syntax coloration in Intellisense is not proper. There is this <b>Params</b> visible instead of having the params be actually bold. 4) There is this menu item called "VISUAL D", which is now standing there for all project types. I don't know what any of the options do, can this be disabled. 5) No rename refactoring?
Aug 06