www.digitalmars.com         C & C++   DMDScript  

digitalmars.D.ide - Some issues building visual D and mago

reply Profile Anaysis <PA gotacha.com> writes:
1. VSSDK 140 needs to be added to the search checks in SDK.bat
     if "%VSISDKINC%" == "" if not "%VSSDK140Install%" == "" set 
VSISDKINC=%VSSDK140Install%

2. WinSDK setter in SDK_libs is wrong. Not sure why, but probably 
a setup issue on my end. I forced it to the correct location

3. coffimplib path is hard coded. I pointed it to my 
dmd2/windows/bin location. (not error, just "file not found")


I suggest outputting better error messages that specifically tell 
the user that they need to find the correct paths and hard code 
them.

After building VisualD project,

I get the errors

vsi\vsshell140.d(768): Error: no identifier for declarator 
PROXYSTUB_BUILD
Building ..\bin\Debug\vsi.lib failed!
Building ..\bin\Debug\parser.lib...
logger.d(67): Error: undefined identifier 'doFormat' in module 
'std.format'
Building ..\bin\Debug\parser.lib failed!



vscommands.d(1498): Error: undefined identifier 
'cmdidAddinManager'
vscommands.d(1498): Error: cannot implicitly convert expression 
("AddinManager") of type string to const(uint)
vscommands.d(2231): Error: undefined identifier 
'cmdidNewFileBreakpoint'
vscommands.d(2231): Error: cannot implicitly convert expression 
("cmdidNewFileBreakpoint") of type string to const(uint)
vscommands.d(2237): Error: undefined identifier 
'cmdidBreakpointLocation'
vscommands.d(2237): Error: cannot implicitly convert expression 
("cmdidBreakpointLocation") of type string to const(uint)
vscommands.d(2238): Error: undefined identifier 
'cmdidBreakpointCondition'
vscommands.d(2238): Error: cannot implicitly convert expression 
("cmdidBreakpointCondition") of type string to const(uint)
vscommands.d(2239): Error: undefined identifier 
'cmdidBreakpointHitCount'
vscommands.d(2239): Error: cannot implicitly convert expression 
("cmdidBreakpointHitCount") of type string to const(uint)
vscommands.d(2241): Error: undefined identifier 
'cmdidBreakpointAction'
vscommands.d(2241): Error: cannot implicitly convert expression 
("cmdidBreakpointAction") of type string to const(uint)


along with a lot of string contatenation issues(depreciated).


Seems doFormat was removed? Maybe that will fix all the other 
errors.
Jan 27
parent reply Rainer Schuetze <r.sagitario gmx.de> writes:
On 28.01.2017 06:41, Profile Anaysis wrote:
 1. VSSDK 140 needs to be added to the search checks in SDK.bat
     if "%VSISDKINC%" == "" if not "%VSSDK140Install%" == "" set
 VSISDKINC=%VSSDK140Install%

 2. WinSDK setter in SDK_libs is wrong. Not sure why, but probably a
 setup issue on my end. I forced it to the correct location

 3. coffimplib path is hard coded. I pointed it to my dmd2/windows/bin
 location. (not error, just "file not found")


 I suggest outputting better error messages that specifically tell the
 user that they need to find the correct paths and hard code them.

 After building VisualD project,

 I get the errors

 vsi\vsshell140.d(768): Error: no identifier for declarator PROXYSTUB_BUILD
 Building ..\bin\Debug\vsi.lib failed!
 Building ..\bin\Debug\parser.lib...
 logger.d(67): Error: undefined identifier 'doFormat' in module 'std.format'
 Building ..\bin\Debug\parser.lib failed!



 vscommands.d(1498): Error: undefined identifier 'cmdidAddinManager'
 vscommands.d(1498): Error: cannot implicitly convert expression
 ("AddinManager") of type string to const(uint)
 vscommands.d(2231): Error: undefined identifier 'cmdidNewFileBreakpoint'
 vscommands.d(2231): Error: cannot implicitly convert expression
 ("cmdidNewFileBreakpoint") of type string to const(uint)
 vscommands.d(2237): Error: undefined identifier 'cmdidBreakpointLocation'
 vscommands.d(2237): Error: cannot implicitly convert expression
 ("cmdidBreakpointLocation") of type string to const(uint)
 vscommands.d(2238): Error: undefined identifier 'cmdidBreakpointCondition'
 vscommands.d(2238): Error: cannot implicitly convert expression
 ("cmdidBreakpointCondition") of type string to const(uint)
 vscommands.d(2239): Error: undefined identifier 'cmdidBreakpointHitCount'
 vscommands.d(2239): Error: cannot implicitly convert expression
 ("cmdidBreakpointHitCount") of type string to const(uint)
 vscommands.d(2241): Error: undefined identifier 'cmdidBreakpointAction'
 vscommands.d(2241): Error: cannot implicitly convert expression
 ("cmdidBreakpointAction") of type string to const(uint)


 along with a lot of string contatenation issues(depreciated).


 Seems doFormat was removed? Maybe that will fix all the other errors.
It seems you are trying to build an older version. I have merged my changes about a week ago. There is also a build on Appveyor that is not complaining: https://ci.appveyor.com/project/rainers/visuald/ It could be that your Windows SDK is newer than Appveyors version 10.0.14393.0. The automatic conversion might need a little adaptio in that case.
Jan 30
parent reply Profile Anaysis <PA gotacha.com> writes:
On Monday, 30 January 2017 at 19:41:31 UTC, Rainer Schuetze wrote:
 On 28.01.2017 06:41, Profile Anaysis wrote:
[...]
It seems you are trying to build an older version. I have merged my changes about a week ago. There is also a build on Appveyor that is not complaining: https://ci.appveyor.com/project/rainers/visuald/ It could be that your Windows SDK is newer than Appveyors version 10.0.14393.0. The automatic conversion might need a little adaptio in that case.
I'll try again, but I downloaded from git and tried to build right before I posted this... so it was less than a week ago. I did upgrade DMD to 2.073, not sure if that is the problem?
Jan 30
parent Rainer Schuetze <r.sagitario gmx.de> writes:
On 31.01.2017 01:21, Profile Anaysis wrote:
 On Monday, 30 January 2017 at 19:41:31 UTC, Rainer Schuetze wrote:
 On 28.01.2017 06:41, Profile Anaysis wrote:
 [...]
It seems you are trying to build an older version. I have merged my changes about a week ago. There is also a build on Appveyor that is not complaining: https://ci.appveyor.com/project/rainers/visuald/ It could be that your Windows SDK is newer than Appveyors version 10.0.14393.0. The automatic conversion might need a little adaptio in that case.
I'll try again, but I downloaded from git and tried to build right before I posted this... so it was less than a week ago. I did upgrade DMD to 2.073, not sure if that is the problem?
The update to build with 2.073 (including removal of doFormat) was done Jan 6th on https://github.com/rainers/visuald, and merged into https://github.com/dlang/visuald Jan 24th. So I suspect you must have some older source.
Feb 01