www.digitalmars.com         C & C++   DMDScript  

digitalmars.D.ide - DDT 0.4.1 released

reply Bruno Medeiros <brunodomedeiros+spam com.gmail> writes:
DDT 0.4.1 has been released:

*Note that the Update Site URL has changed:*
  * Software Update Site: 
http://ddt.eclipselabs.org.codespot.com/hg.updates/
(this is because it was moved to Mercurial)

== DDT 0.4.1 (2011-03-04) ==
  * Fixed some parser bugs. (mostly relating to Template Instance 
references and source with invalid syntax)
  * Fixed #25 and other source highlighting bugs (like nested comments 
being lexed as non-nested comments).
    Also added additional syntax highlighting options for WYSIWYG 
strings, delimited strings, and character literals.
  * Fixed a bug due to reuse of a single instance of the editor 
source-highlighting & folding parser.
     This bug may have been manifested in obscure, unknown, and/or hard 
to replicate ways.
  * Fixed #17, #18, #20, all related to editor auto edits. Properly 
implemented:
    * Editor auto-edits (smart indenting/deindenting according to block 
structure), added "Typing" preference page.

-- 
Bruno Medeiros - Software Engineer
Mar 08 2011
parent reply Tom <tom nospam.com> writes:
El 08/03/2011 11:04, Bruno Medeiros escribió:
 DDT 0.4.1 has been released:

 *Note that the Update Site URL has changed:*
 * Software Update Site: http://ddt.eclipselabs.org.codespot.com/hg.updates/
 (this is because it was moved to Mercurial)

 == DDT 0.4.1 (2011-03-04) ==
 * Fixed some parser bugs. (mostly relating to Template Instance
 references and source with invalid syntax)
 * Fixed #25 and other source highlighting bugs (like nested comments
 being lexed as non-nested comments).
 Also added additional syntax highlighting options for WYSIWYG strings,
 delimited strings, and character literals.
 * Fixed a bug due to reuse of a single instance of the editor
 source-highlighting & folding parser.
 This bug may have been manifested in obscure, unknown, and/or hard to
 replicate ways.
 * Fixed #17, #18, #20, all related to editor auto edits. Properly
 implemented:
 * Editor auto-edits (smart indenting/deindenting according to block
 structure), added "Typing" preference page.

Thank you very much. I'm using this plugin with great success despite been so immature and a little buggy. I've been waiting for an update since last release. Keep up the good work. Tom;
Mar 08 2011
parent reply eles <eles eles.com> writes:
hi,

 I tried to install DDT 0.4.1 under Eclipse Indigo M5 on Ubuntu Maverick
x86_64. Eclipse spits out the following:

Cannot complete the install because one or more required items could not be
found.
  Software being installed: DDT - D Development Tools 0.4.1.201103042038-
rebuild (org.dsource.ddt.feature.group 0.4.1.201103042038-rebuild)
  Missing requirement: DDT - DTool 0.4.1.201103042038-rebuild
(org.dsource.ddt.dtool 0.4.1.201103042038-rebuild) requires 'bundle
org.eclipse.dltk.core [2.0.0,3.0.0]' but it could not be found
  Cannot satisfy dependency:
    From: DDT - D Development Tools 0.4.1.201103042038-rebuild
(org.dsource.ddt.feature.group 0.4.1.201103042038-rebuild)
    To: org.dsource.ddt.dtool [0.4.1.201103042038-rebuild]

 Why?

 Thanks.
Mar 09 2011
parent reply Bruno Medeiros <brunodomedeiros+spam com.gmail> writes:
On 09/03/2011 08:16, eles wrote:
 hi,

   I tried to install DDT 0.4.1 under Eclipse Indigo M5 on Ubuntu Maverick
 x86_64. Eclipse spits out the following:

 Cannot complete the install because one or more required items could not be
 found.
    Software being installed: DDT - D Development Tools 0.4.1.201103042038-
 rebuild (org.dsource.ddt.feature.group 0.4.1.201103042038-rebuild)
    Missing requirement: DDT - DTool 0.4.1.201103042038-rebuild
 (org.dsource.ddt.dtool 0.4.1.201103042038-rebuild) requires 'bundle
 org.eclipse.dltk.core [2.0.0,3.0.0]' but it could not be found
    Cannot satisfy dependency:
      From: DDT - D Development Tools 0.4.1.201103042038-rebuild
 (org.dsource.ddt.feature.group 0.4.1.201103042038-rebuild)
      To: org.dsource.ddt.dtool [0.4.1.201103042038-rebuild]

   Why?

   Thanks.

Look at the "Available Software Sites" preferences and make sure the Helios site (http://download.eclipse.org/releases/helios) is added and enabled (it should be by default). That's where the DLTK dependencies are. Also, when you are installing or updating DDT, make sure that you have enable the option "Contact all update sites during install to find required software" in the dialog. -- Bruno Medeiros - Software Engineer
Mar 09 2011
parent reply eles <eles eles.com> writes:
 Look at the "Available Software Sites" preferences and make sure the
 Helios site (http://download.eclipse.org/releases/helios) is added and
 enabled (it should be by default).

It is added and enabled. BTW, I use Indigo M5, so the link is rather: http:// download.eclipse.org/releases/indigo
 That's where the DLTK dependencies are.
 Also, when you are installing or updating DDT, make sure that you have
 enable the option "Contact all update sites during install to find
 required software" in the dialog.

It is checked. However, the same error.
Mar 09 2011
parent reply Bruno Medeiros <brunodomedeiros+spam com.gmail> writes:
On 09/03/2011 16:17, eles wrote:
 Look at the "Available Software Sites" preferences and make sure the
  Helios site (http://download.eclipse.org/releases/helios) is added and
  enabled (it should be by default).


download.eclipse.org/releases/indigo

Well, no, it can't be the Indigo site. Indigo has DLTK 3.0 on it, which being a major version change (implying API breakage), is not supported in the latest version of DDT. You should be able to use Eclipse 3.7, but DLTK has to be 2.0 (implying DLTK 3.0 should not be installed either). If you add the Helios site it should work. -- Bruno Medeiros - Software Engineer
Mar 10 2011
parent reply eles <eles eles.com> writes:
== Quote from Bruno Medeiros (brunodomedeiros+spam com.gmail)'s article
 On 09/03/2011 16:17, eles wrote:
 Well, no, it can't be the Indigo site. Indigo has DLTK 3.0 on it, which
 being a major version change (implying API breakage), is not supported
 in the latest version of DDT.

True, this is right.
 You should be able to use Eclipse 3.7, but
 DLTK has to be 2.0 (implying DLTK 3.0 should not be installed either).
 If you add the Helios site it should work.

Unfortunately, adding the Helios site leads to a version conflict for DLTK (see below). Since I cannot drop Eclipse Indigo, I have to put DDT aside for now. Anyway, I hope it will be upgraded to DLTK 3, since the new version will come out in June (http://wiki.eclipse.org/Indigo/Simultaneous_Release_Plan). Now, the error is: Cannot complete the install because of a conflicting dependency. Software being installed: DDT - D Development Tools 0.4.1.201103042038- rebuild (org.dsource.ddt.feature.group 0.4.1.201103042038-rebuild) Software currently installed: Dynamic Languages Toolkit - Mylyn Integration 3.0.0.v20101025-2100-3--7w3121232201442 (org.eclipse.dltk.mylyn.feature.group 3.0.0.v20101025-2100-3--7w3121232201442) Only one of the following can be installed at once: Dynamic Languages Toolkit Validators UI 2.0.0.v20101211-0331 (org.eclipse.dltk.validators.ui 2.0.0.v20101211-0331) Dynamic Languages Toolkit Validators UI 2.0.0.v20091214-1712 (org.eclipse.dltk.validators.ui 2.0.0.v20091214-1712) Cannot satisfy dependency: From: DDT - D Development Tools 0.4.1.201103042038-rebuild (org.dsource.ddt.feature.group 0.4.1.201103042038-rebuild) To: org.eclipse.dltk.core.feature.group [2.0.0,3.0.0) Cannot satisfy dependency: From: Dynamic Languages Toolkit - Core Frameworks 2.0.0.v20100518-1923-7L-- EAAoOVMSMc4AWEvJ (org.eclipse.dltk.core.feature.group 2.0.0.v20100518-1923-7L-- EAAoOVMSMc4AWEvJ) To: org.eclipse.dltk.validators.ui [2.0.0.v20091214-1712] Cannot satisfy dependency: From: Dynamic Languages Toolkit - Core Frameworks 2.0.0.v20100518-1923-7L-0EAAoOVMSUaEAZ8w_ (org.eclipse.dltk.core.feature.group 2.0.0.v20100518-1923-7L-0EAAoOVMSUaEAZ8w_) To: org.eclipse.dltk.validators.ui [2.0.0.v20091214-1712] Cannot satisfy dependency: From: Dynamic Languages Toolkit - Core Frameworks 3.0.0.v20101211-0331-7f-- ED-z0UkUkz-h9BVyc2 (org.eclipse.dltk.core.feature.group 3.0.0.v20101211-0331-7f--ED-z0UkUkz-h9BVyc2) To: org.eclipse.dltk.validators.ui [2.0.0.v20101211-0331] Cannot satisfy dependency: From: Dynamic Languages Toolkit - Mylyn Integration 3.0.0.v20101025-2100-3--7w3121232201442 (org.eclipse.dltk.mylyn.feature.group 3.0.0.v20101025-2100-3--7w3121232201442) To: org.eclipse.dltk.core.feature.group [3.0.0,4.0.0)
Mar 10 2011
parent reply Bruno Medeiros <brunodomedeiros+spam com.gmail> writes:
On 10/03/2011 14:31, eles wrote:
 == Quote from Bruno Medeiros (brunodomedeiros+spam com.gmail)'s article
 On 09/03/2011 16:17, eles wrote:
 Well, no, it can't be the Indigo site. Indigo has DLTK 3.0 on it, which
 being a major version change (implying API breakage), is not supported
 in the latest version of DDT.

True, this is right.
 You should be able to use Eclipse 3.7, but
 DLTK has to be 2.0 (implying DLTK 3.0 should not be installed either).
 If you add the Helios site it should work.

Unfortunately, adding the Helios site leads to a version conflict for DLTK (see below). Since I cannot drop Eclipse Indigo, I have to put DDT aside for now. Anyway, I hope it will be upgraded to DLTK 3, since the new version will come out in June (http://wiki.eclipse.org/Indigo/Simultaneous_Release_Plan).

(DDT should be updated when DLTK 3.0 comes out) Why is it that you need Eclipse Indigo? -- Bruno Medeiros - Software Engineer
Mar 10 2011
parent eles <eles eles.com> writes:

Why is it that you need Eclipse Indigo?

Long story made short: it was a bug in CDT (I don't find it now) which prevented the "Exclude form build" right-click menu to appear. So, I looked forward for the latest nigtly build (it was Indigo M3), installed it and remained with it ever since. In Helios SR2 the bug is now corrected, but I already use Indigo and I don't want to go back.
Mar 10 2011