www.digitalmars.com         C & C++   DMDScript  

digitalmars.D - graph algorithms library

reply "Trass3r" <un known.com> writes:
anybody got such a library lying around by any chance? with 
topological sort etc.

Only graph work in D I found so far is 
http://www.massey.ac.nz/~kahawick/cstn/043/cstn-043.pdf
Dec 13 2011
next sibling parent Philippe Sigaud <philippe.sigaud gmail.com> writes:
On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 17:53, Trass3r <un known.com> wrote:
 anybody got such a library lying around by any chance? with topological sort
 etc.

I began something a year ago and got diverted by work. Feel free to use it in any way you like. http://svn.dsource.org/projects/dranges/trunk/dranges/docs/graphalgorithm.html http://svn.dsource.org/projects/dranges/trunk/dranges/docs/graph.html http://svn.dsource.org/projects/dranges/trunk/dranges/docs/graphrange.htm I didn't update it in a year so it's probably horribly bit-rotten (what with Phobos changing at a rapid pace). I also didn't try it on large graphs, my goal was only to trace a dependency graph between Phobos' modules.
Dec 13 2011
prev sibling next sibling parent Trass3r <un known.com> writes:
 I began something a year ago and got diverted by work. Feel free to
 use it in any way you like.

 http://svn.dsource.org/projects/dranges/trunk/dranges/docs/graphalgorithm.html
 http://svn.dsource.org/projects/dranges/trunk/dranges/docs/graph.html
 http://svn.dsource.org/projects/dranges/trunk/dranges/docs/graphrange.htm

 I didn't update it in a year so it's probably horribly bit-rotten
 (what with Phobos changing at a rapid pace). I also didn't try it on
 large graphs, my goal was only to trace a dependency graph between
 Phobos' modules.

Ah that looks very similar to what I was thinking of. Thanks, will have a look.
Dec 13 2011
prev sibling next sibling parent "Trass3r" <un known.com> writes:
 I didn't update it in a year so it's probably horribly 
 bit-rotten

btw, any plans on resurrecting it? and/or moving to Github?
Dec 13 2011
prev sibling next sibling parent Philippe Sigaud <philippe.sigaud gmail.com> writes:
On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 23:06, Trass3r <un known.com> wrote:
 I didn't update it in a year so it's probably horribly bit-rotten

btw, any plans on resurrecting it? and/or moving to Github?

I recently saw someone (Martin Nowak) transferred my dsource project on github. Nice move, that. Here it is : https://github.com/dawgfoto/dranges I'm slowly coming back to D : updating my compilers, setting them up on a dual boot computer, etc. Heck, I'm even reading the Pro Git book to get what's the fuss about. So yeah, I may well update it.
Dec 13 2011
prev sibling next sibling parent Trass3r <un known.com> writes:
 https://github.com/dawgfoto/dranges

 I'm slowly coming back to D : updating my compilers, setting them up
 on a dual boot computer, etc. Heck, I'm even reading the Pro Git book
 to get what's the fuss about. So yeah, I may well update it.

The code still compiles with git dmd, nice :)
Dec 14 2011
prev sibling next sibling parent "Martin Nowak" <dawg dawgfoto.de> writes:
On Wed, 14 Dec 2011 08:06:07 +0100, Philippe Sigaud  
<philippe.sigaud gmail.com> wrote:

 On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 23:06, Trass3r <un known.com> wrote:
 I didn't update it in a year so it's probably horribly bit-rotten

btw, any plans on resurrecting it? and/or moving to Github?

I recently saw someone (Martin Nowak) transferred my dsource project on github. Nice move, that. Here it is : https://github.com/dawgfoto/dranges I'm slowly coming back to D : updating my compilers, setting them up on a dual boot computer, etc. Heck, I'm even reading the Pro Git book to get what's the fuss about. So yeah, I may well update it.

Actually 'git svn clone svn://foo' is much simpler than having to remember those svn command I forgot two years ago. Most of the code was in a good shape and the library contains some real gems.
Dec 14 2011
prev sibling parent Philippe Sigaud <philippe.sigaud gmail.com> writes:
On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 02:33, Martin Nowak <dawg dawgfoto.de> wrote:
 Actually 'git svn clone svn://foo' is much simpler than having
 to remember those svn command I forgot two years ago.

Hey, good to know, thanks! Still, I'll clone your git repository, just for the fun of using github functionalities :)
 Most of the code was in a good shape and the library contains
 some real gems.

Thank you again.
Dec 16 2011