www.digitalmars.com         C & C++   DMDScript  

digitalmars.D - [dox] C++ Interfaces

reply "Atash" <nope nope.nope> writes:
This link: http://dlang.org/CPP-Interfaces

Is made on this page: http://dlang.org/interface.html

And I *think* (not sure) that since whatever it was originally 
pointing to has disappeared, it should probably end up pointing 
here:

http://dlang.org/cpp_interface.html

Maybe add an anchor to about halfway down the page, so it'd look 
more like:

http://dlang.org/cpp_interface.html#extern-CPP-interfaces

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That all said...

Is my assessment correct/proper?

If so, in the great words of my esteemed predecessors from the 
vast wilds of newbie-dom... "What do?"
Aug 20 2013
next sibling parent "Wyatt" <wyatt.epp gmail.com> writes:
On Tuesday, 20 August 2013 at 08:00:56 UTC, Atash wrote:
 This link: http://dlang.org/CPP-Interfaces

 Is made on this page: http://dlang.org/interface.html

 And I *think* (not sure) that since whatever it was originally 
 pointing to has disappeared, it should probably end up pointing 
 here:

 http://dlang.org/cpp_interface.html

 Maybe add an anchor to about halfway down the page, so it'd 
 look more like:

 http://dlang.org/cpp_interface.html#extern-CPP-interfaces

the example meat fairly quickly. Unless you're talking about turning the "Calling Global D Functions From C++" heading into an anchor? In general, you'll find the docs could stand to have a lot more anchors in general.
 vast wilds of newbie-dom... "What do?"

For the time being, I'd make a pull request that changes the link on the interface page to the correct URI. That's the bare minimum. -Wyatt
Aug 20 2013
prev sibling next sibling parent "Atash" <nope nope.nope> writes:
On Tuesday, 20 August 2013 at 14:55:49 UTC, Wyatt wrote:
 For the time being, I'd make a pull request that changes the 
 link on the interface page to the correct URI.  That's the bare 
 minimum.

 -Wyatt

H'okay, so, I've cloned out DMD, Druntime, Phobos, and dlang.org from github. Running `make -f posix.mak` in dlang.org results in numerous compilation errors for the D-files after invocations of `dmd -d -c -o- -version [yaddayaddayadda]`. I also happen to be using version 2.063 of dmd from my Ubuntu repository... I realize this may sound like a silly question, but... Were breaking changes introduced between 2.063 and 2.064? Such that I should take the effort to oust my current system installation of DMD in favor of the github one?
Aug 20 2013
prev sibling parent "H. S. Teoh" <hsteoh quickfur.ath.cx> writes:
On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 05:50:40AM +0200, Atash wrote:
[...]
 H'okay, so, I've cloned out DMD, Druntime, Phobos, and dlang.org
 from github. Running `make -f posix.mak` in dlang.org results in
 numerous compilation errors for the D-files after invocations of
 `dmd -d -c -o- -version [yaddayaddayadda]`.

Did you build dmd/druntime/phobos yet? Were they OK?
 I also happen to be using version 2.063 of dmd from my Ubuntu
 repository...
 
 I realize this may sound like a silly question, but... Were breaking
 changes introduced between 2.063 and 2.064? Such that I should take
 the effort to oust my current system installation of DMD in favor of
 the github one?

You can make them coexist, but for building dlang.org, you probably want use the latest git DMD. So maybe try something like this (I assume you're using Linux, if not, adapt appropriately): 1) Create the file /path/to/git/dmd/src/dmd.conf with the following contents: [Environment] DFLAGS=-I/path/to/git/druntime/import -I/path/to/git/druntime/src -I/path/to/git/phobos -L-L/path/to/git/phobos/generated/linux/release/32 -L-L/path/to/git/phobos/generated/linux/release/64 -L--no-warn-search-mismatch -L--export-dynamic where /path/to/git/* is the path to wherever you have your git repos. 2) In dlang.org, run `make -f posix.mak DMD=/path/to/git/dmd/src/dmd`. You will probably also need to install LaTeX and a bunch of other stuff to actually get everything to build. But for the purposes of contributing docs, actually most of that stuff is unnecessary. The way I did it is to just run make -j6 (or however many CPUs you have) until web/phobos-prerelease is built, then make a symlink from /path/to/git/web to /path/to/dlang.org/phobos-prerelease, then go to /path/to/phobos and run `make -f posix.mak html` to generate the docs. Kinda messy, I know, it used to be that dlang.org didn't require all that other extra stuff like latex and kindle and whatnot, but since all that stuff got added, I haven't gotten around to complaining about the whole process yet. :-P In any case, to contribute phobos docs, the "brute force" method above should at least get you up and running (some bits from the website may be missing, but it's not important if you're just working on docs for a specific phobos module). T -- Кто везде - тот нигде.
Aug 20 2013