www.digitalmars.com         C & C++   DMDScript  

digitalmars.D.bugs - dstress idle?

reply Russell Lewis <webmaster villagersonline.com> writes:
I haven't seen any update to the dstress SVN repository since 2/22.  Has 
anybody heard from Thomas in a while?

And can I get access to add new tests?  (grin)
Mar 24 2008
next sibling parent reply BCS <ao pathlink.com> writes:
Reply to Russell,

 I haven't seen any update to the dstress SVN repository since 2/22.
 Has anybody heard from Thomas in a while?
 
 And can I get access to add new tests?  (grin)
 

I haven't updated in a while because there's a utf filename in there that's failing SVN on XP. Any ideas what can be done about that?
Mar 24 2008
next sibling parent reply Russell Lewis <webmaster villagersonline.com> writes:
BCS wrote:
 Reply to Russell,
 
 I haven't seen any update to the dstress SVN repository since 2/22.
 Has anybody heard from Thomas in a while?

 And can I get access to add new tests?  (grin)

I haven't updated in a while because there's a utf filename in there that's failing SVN on XP. Any ideas what can be done about that?

You can do most of the svn commands immediately (that is, the changes are immeidately committed) by using the URL form. I haven't used it ever, myself, but as I recall, you should be able to do something like svn rm http://server/path/file The subversion book (online at subversion.tigris.org) would give you more details. Or better, get a *NIX box. :) Final option: try Cygwin on Windows. I don't know how Cygwin handles utf filenames. What's the file? A casual search through my copy of dstress didn't find it.
Mar 25 2008
parent reply BCS <BCS pathlink.com> writes:
Russell Lewis wrote:
 
 Or better, get a *NIX box. :)
 

Oddly the XP system is my laptop and I primarily copy it to my nix box at home. If I have a net connection there, I wouldn't have this problem.
 
 What's the file?  A casual search through my copy of dstress didn't find 
 it.

I don't rememeber, I'll take another look.
Mar 25 2008
parent reply Russell Lewis <webmaster villagersonline.com> writes:
BCS wrote:
 Russell Lewis wrote:
 Or better, get a *NIX box. :)

Oddly the XP system is my laptop and I primarily copy it to my nix box at home. If I have a net connection there, I wouldn't have this problem.

Can I rib you a bit? You have a *nix box at home, but you don't have a net connection? There aren't many people in that situation. :)
Mar 25 2008
parent BCS <BCS pathlink.com> writes:
Russell Lewis wrote:
 BCS wrote:
 
 Russell Lewis wrote:

 Or better, get a *NIX box. :)

Oddly the XP system is my laptop and I primarily copy it to my nix box at home. If I have a net connection there, I wouldn't have this problem.

Can I rib you a bit?

you just did <G>
 You have a *nix box at home, but you don't have a 
 net connection?  There aren't many people in that situation. :)

The best I could afford would be DSL and about 1km away I can get part of a 2.5Gb link. Plus I get more done that way.
Mar 25 2008
prev sibling parent BCS <BCS pathlink.com> writes:
Brad Roberts wrote:
 
 Not sure what the equivalent is in XP, unless you're running in a bash

TortoiseSVN (no command line x-b )
Mar 25 2008
prev sibling parent Brad Roberts <braddr puremagic.com> writes:
BCS wrote:
 Reply to Russell,
 
 I haven't seen any update to the dstress SVN repository since 2/22.
 Has anybody heard from Thomas in a while?

 And can I get access to add new tests?  (grin)

I haven't updated in a while because there's a utf filename in there that's failing SVN on XP. Any ideas what can be done about that?

Not sure what the equivalent is in XP, unless you're running in a bash shell, in which case it's exactly the same: export LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8 A quick google search would have found that to.. :) Later, Bra
Mar 25 2008