www.digitalmars.com         C & C++   DMDScript  

digitalmars.D.bugs - It runs slower and slower

reply "jing0129" <jing0129 sfilc.com> writes:
This may be a stupid question. I can't even know if this is a right place to 
ask this question. However, I really hope someone can help me.
My computer begins to run slower and slower, yet I didn't save many files 
inside it. So, what kind of problems may makes this result? Is it bugs? But 
I can't find them through Norton! 
Apr 13 2006
next sibling parent Lionello Lunesu <lio lunesu.remove.com> writes:
jing0129 wrote:
 This may be a stupid question. I can't even know if this is a right place to 
 ask this question. However, I really hope someone can help me.
 My computer begins to run slower and slower, yet I didn't save many files 
 inside it. So, what kind of problems may makes this result? Is it bugs? But 
 I can't find them through Norton! 

Indeed, this is NOT the right place to ask that question :) but I might as well answer. Assuming your running Windows (slow, you say?) I'd suggest you install the BETA of Windows OneCare. It's for US only, but if you put your regional settings to "English (US)" (control panel) you can install it. http://www3.imagine-msn.com/minisites/onecare/Default.aspx?locale=en-us or, in case that doesn't work: http://www.windowsonecare.com/purchase/default.aspx It should fix many problems. Worked for me anyway. L.
Apr 13 2006
prev sibling next sibling parent reply Lars Ivar Igesund <larsivar igesund.net> writes:
jing0129 wrote:

 This may be a stupid question. I can't even know if this is a right place
 to ask this question. However, I really hope someone can help me.
 My computer begins to run slower and slower, yet I didn't save many files
 inside it. So, what kind of problems may makes this result? Is it bugs?
 But I can't find them through Norton!

Open the task manager and sort the processes on CPU-usage, see if any use close to 100%.
Apr 13 2006
parent Sean Kelly <sean f4.ca> writes:
Lars Ivar Igesund wrote:
 jing0129 wrote:
 
 This may be a stupid question. I can't even know if this is a right place
 to ask this question. However, I really hope someone can help me.
 My computer begins to run slower and slower, yet I didn't save many files
 inside it. So, what kind of problems may makes this result? Is it bugs?
 But I can't find them through Norton!

Open the task manager and sort the processes on CPU-usage, see if any use close to 100%.

For what it's worth, I've found some websites can put Firefox at near 100% CPU and leave it there until I kill the app. I suspect it's flash related but haven't taken the time to pin it down. Sean
Apr 13 2006
prev sibling parent Charles <noone nowhere.com> writes:
jing0129 wrote:
 This may be a stupid question. I can't even know if this is a right place to 
 ask this question. However, I really hope someone can help me.
 My computer begins to run slower and slower, yet I didn't save many files 
 inside it. So, what kind of problems may makes this result? Is it bugs? But 
 I can't find them through Norton! 
 
 

clients come with some sort of spyware/adware. spy-bot from http://www.safer-networking.org is a good free anti-spyware tool.
Apr 13 2006