www.digitalmars.com         C & C++   DMDScript  

digitalmars.D.announce - dub release package

reply Arun Chandrasekaran <aruncxy gmail.com> writes:
I was looking at the recent DUB release for binary package of 
1.7.1 at https://github.com/dlang/dub/releases

The assets don't seem to contain the binary packages. Was it 
unnoticed or was it intentionally skipped?
Jan 22
parent reply Seb <seb wilzba.ch> writes:
On Monday, 22 January 2018 at 23:16:38 UTC, Arun Chandrasekaran 
wrote:
 I was looking at the recent DUB release for binary package of 
 1.7.1 at https://github.com/dlang/dub/releases

 The assets don't seem to contain the binary packages. Was it 
 unnoticed or was it intentionally skipped?
Mirroring the release binaries to code.dlang.org was an experiment of mine as code.dlang.org had frequent downtimes and GitHub (S3 in this case) is known for their good uptimes. However, the releases binaries are compiled by Sönke, so at the moment the "upstream" is: http://code.dlang.org/download Anyhow, I just uploaded the binaries from code.dlang.org to GitHub. See also: https://github.com/dlang/dub/issues/1290
Jan 22
parent reply Seb <seb wilzba.ch> writes:
On Tuesday, 23 January 2018 at 00:22:01 UTC, Seb wrote:
 On Monday, 22 January 2018 at 23:16:38 UTC, Arun Chandrasekaran 
 wrote:
 I was looking at the recent DUB release for binary package of 
 1.7.1 at https://github.com/dlang/dub/releases

 The assets don't seem to contain the binary packages. Was it 
 unnoticed or was it intentionally skipped?
Mirroring the release binaries to code.dlang.org was an experiment of mine as code.dlang.org had frequent downtimes and GitHub (S3 in this case) is known for their good uptimes. However, the releases binaries are compiled by Sönke, so at the moment the "upstream" is: http://code.dlang.org/download Anyhow, I just uploaded the binaries from code.dlang.org to GitHub. See also: https://github.com/dlang/dub/issues/1290
Also please don't post questions to Announce! https://github.com/dlang/dub/issues would have been the right place.
Jan 22
parent reply Arun Chandrasekaran <aruncxy gmail.com> writes:
On Tuesday, 23 January 2018 at 00:24:46 UTC, Seb wrote:
 Also please don't post questions to Announce!
 https://github.com/dlang/dub/issues would have been the right 
 place.
Ah, I thought I was posting to General. Sorry about that. I see similar posts though not often. The post creation page could hint to which forum we are posting, something like this: https://i.imgur.com/8LgLsx8.png
Jan 23
next sibling parent Basile B. <b2.temp gmx.com> writes:
On Tuesday, 23 January 2018 at 15:41:37 UTC, Arun Chandrasekaran 
wrote:
 On Tuesday, 23 January 2018 at 00:24:46 UTC, Seb wrote:
 Also please don't post questions to Announce!
 https://github.com/dlang/dub/issues would have been the right 
 place.
Ah, I thought I was posting to General. Sorry about that. I see similar posts though not often. The post creation page could hint to which forum we are posting, something like this: https://i.imgur.com/8LgLsx8.png
DUB as a binary is provided with each new DMD or LDC release, that is the reason why there is no binaries (called assets now) on the GH page. If you setup a D compiler you have DUB automatically nowadays.
Jan 23
prev sibling parent =?UTF-8?Q?Ali_=c3=87ehreli?= <acehreli yahoo.com> writes:
On 01/23/2018 07:41 AM, Arun Chandrasekaran wrote:
 The post creation page could hint to which forum 
 we are posting, something like this: https://i.imgur.com/8LgLsx8.png
Even better, but perhaps controversial, the "Send" button could say "Send to Announce Group". Ali
Jan 23